GUILTY SC - Tiffany Souers, 20, Clemson student, found strangled, 26 May 2006

Dark Knight said:
In the past, every time Rebublicans have tried to fund expansion of prisons, Democrats have blocked it, saying that's not the answer, the answer is lowering the crime rate. Never mind the fact the population is growing rapidly overall. They need to hunker down and do what they have to do to expand our jails and prisons, as they are all overcrowded, by far.
I am a solid Democrat and I fully support tax increases to expand the prisons.

jubie said:
I don't think he planned on killing her because he didn't take anything with him to strangle her, he used her own bikini top. So sad.
I believe this as well, jubie.

LOL. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

nanandjim said:
One down, 150,000,000 to go. ;)
It's not quite that bad. Many of my Democratic friends feel the same way. I think that most people are getting sick of the criminal activity in this country, Democrats and Republicans alike.

States need to carry out the death penalty in a shorter period of time and then that would help a lot with over crowding. Making room for all and saving the taxpayers a chunk of change. JMO.

What blows my mind is that the prison was in a situation where they had to release prisoners due to overcrowding, and they chose this maniac as one of those to be released??? That to me is simply astounding. Who were his prison mates? Ted Bundy? Jeffrey Dahmer? I can't imagine that Inman was the least dangerous of the bunch.

It says he "thought" she was asleep. It makes it sound as if he thought she would be asleep but she wasn't.

JerseyGirl said:
KnoxNews: National

The ex-convict accused of killing Clemson University student Tiffany Souers would probably still be in prison if newer laws were in effect in the late 1980s, authorities say...

Inman's Florida conviction occurred before a 1995 Florida law that required all felony inmates to serve at least 85 percent of their sentences...

"In the '80s, criminals served only about half of their sentences," Cox said. "The Florida legislators saw the error of their ways and tightened up those laws. Sentences now are a lot heavier."

Criminals now serve more time on average, and for some offenses they must serve the sentences "day for day," Cox said...

Concurrent sentences are very common, especially since the tougher laws have been enacted, said South Carolina 10th Circuit Judge J. Cordell Maddox.

"Since judges know that criminals will serve most of the sentence anyway, more of them lean toward making the sentences concurrent," Maddox said.

Now this ticks me off!! What is the point of a prison sentence if people don't have to serve the entire sentence?
I could maybe excuse someone from serving a full term if they had stole money from a candy store but didn't hurt anyone. But these kinds of perpetrators should have ALWAYS had to serve a full term.
Who makes these laws?
The court system stinks!!

JerseyGirl said:
Anderson Independent Mail: News

... Chief Stewart said he couldn't comment on where the DNA was gathered at the crime scene.

"Generally, evidence is brought in from a crime scene or from a victim," he said.

"That evidence is reviewed for any substance from which you can get DNA." He said things that could be gathered are body fluids, hair or saliva...

Well ... since the ugly turd doesn't really have any hair, it must be one of the other two. I'm banking on body fluids from left on Tiffany :(
Poor Tiffany. This guy disgusts me and his evil look makes me physically ill.

indigomood said:
Thank you concernedperson for the link...
I watched the video link on that page as well, and, it was sooo creepy to see the crawl space through which Inman entered the home and the hole he cut through the floorboards.

That young lady is very courageous to have maintained her composure and certainly lucky to be alive! May God bless her.
I know!! Can you imagine? I am happy to not live in an apartment any more and to have a security system, but if someone cuts a hole in your house, your security system doesn't have a chance. How did this guy get access to cut a hole through her floorboards?? This is VERY VERY creepy!

PrayersForMaura said:
Well ... since the ugly turd doesn't really have any hair, it must be one of the other two. I'm banking on body fluids from left on Tiffany :(
Poor Tiffany. This guy disgusts me and his evil look makes me physically ill.
There's body hair.

Dark Knight said:
There's body hair.
you're right. Yick. I don't even want to think about that. That guy is so nasty, evil, sickening, gross... :sick:

PrayersForMaura said:
you're right. Yick. I don't even want to think about that. That guy is so nasty, evil, sickening, gross... :sick:
This guy is creepy, he is seriously the ugliest most evil thing I have ever seen. I cant imagine what that poor girl went through. God I hope in his Mercy let her go fast!:(

He deserves to be executed and soon. I can't believe the first thing he did was ask about his mother and express concern for her health! Maybe she wouldn't have so many health problems if her son wasn't a murdering *advertiser censored*! Tiffany cared about her mother too, but I guess that didn't matter.

I live somewhat near Tiffany's parents. I don't know them, though. She was definitely a role model from what everyone is saying here. This story was on the front page of our newspaper today with a big picture of the ugly, evil, poor excuse for a human.

Her brother is 16 and he speaks so articulately about her and this case. He's very concerned for his mother and her feelings and health. And this monster put her through that. He also is putting his mother through hell right now, you're right about that.

jubie said:
I don't think he planned on killing her because he didn't take anything with him to strangle her, he used her own bikini top. So sad.

Agreed. I think as he was raping her she was fighting him like a wildcat and he grabbed her bikini top and strangled her. He may have intended just to render her unconscious but not kill her, however, dead is dead, and he is toast in SC.

Poor, sweet Tiffany. :(

JerseyGirl said:
I can't seem to figure out if he lived in his car or not and also if Tiffany was asleep or if she wasn't. This article sounds a bit more definitive:

National Ledger - Sex Offender Jerry Buck Inman Confesses to Killing Tiffany Souers

... The sheriff says it appears Inman was living out of his vehicle and may not have even realized he was the focus of a nationwide manhunt...

"He did say when he saw one particular one, he waited until she went to sleep," he said of the attack on Souers. "He thought she was asleep and that's when he entered the apartment.

I heard on the news that Inman was not aware that his picture was being shown all over TV. He said if he had known that he would have been gone.

JerseyGirl said:
You're very welcome. I was actually worried that it might be getting annoying. lol. But I keep finding little tid-bits that I hadn't seen before.

JerseyGirl~Not annoying at all! Very much appreciated from here and I'm sure from others too :blowkiss:

I was in and out of here today, but with hardly a minute to spare. I read all the articles. :)

Nanandjim~ reading about the pervert/rapist/murdered coming up through the floor really creeped me out! So what good is a security system? Who would have thunk it? I've been looking around here all day-at the floor! Makes me shudder! :banghead: He must have spent his 17 years in jail thinking up that one :behindbar I'll bet LE found bags of his tricks/tools in his mobilecarhome! :behindbar Well he is toast now, good to get another off the streets! (one who should have still been behind bars) Go to :behindbar you $astard!

Maura~Thanks for letting us know about Tiffany's brother. I too am worried for her Mom. She has been so strong through her interviews, I fear she is in denial. I know I couldn't be as strong as she appeared. God Bless her and help her, God Bless the entire family, it's going to be a long long sorrowful road ahead.

May Tiffany rest in PEACE :angel:

PrayersForMaura said:
I know!! Can you imagine? I am happy to not live in an apartment any more and to have a security system, but if someone cuts a hole in your house, your security system doesn't have a chance. How did this guy get access to cut a hole through her floorboards?? This is VERY VERY creepy!

Many houses have a small door on the outside leading to the crawl space. It would be very easy to get in since most that I have seen are not locked.

Makes me glad I don't have a crawl space in this house.

AP Wire | 06/09/2006 | Alabama victim: Inman apologized during home invasion ordeal

... Bates said she came home from work from around lunchtime on May 23 and was doing a few chores when a man suddenly came up behind her and put a knife to her throat. Bates said he told her she wouldn't be hurt if she stayed calm.

"I tried to do that but it's harder than it sounds," said Bates, whose 7-year-old daughter was in school for the final day of class...

"He would tell me everything he was going to do before he did it. When he was tying my hands, he asked me if he was hurting me. He was very apologetic. He seemed to have some control over what he was doing, but seemed sincere in apologizing," Bates said.

Bates said the man took her into the bedroom and told her to lie down on the bed. As she prayed, he unfastened her pants. Then he stopped.

"I think God just intervened at that point. I was terrified. But (Inman) just kept telling me that if I listened to him and did what he said then he wouldn't hurt me. You wouldn't think you would trust somebody like that but I really didn't have a choice. I just put my faith in God," Bates said...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn
Back