GUILTY SC - Tiffany Souers, 20, Clemson student, found strangled, 26 May 2006

cbcrime said:
I've just been watching Greta and she is talking about this case. It is so sad because as a parent you send your child off to college and you expect that they will be safe. And it just isn't necessarily so.

College students are so trusting. One of Tiffany's friends made a comment that she would go to class and not even lock her door. There is this false sense of security - that this is an academic community and everyone is safe. The reality is that it is an open community and just about anyone can enter. I realize that this was off campus housing - but that false sense of security happens on campus also.

Yes, I just don't see in this day and age no matter where you live why one would not lock their doors. Not blaming the victims. Sometimes my BF will not lock the upstairs windows and I always get on his case. He says ack no one is going to go up there. I tell him you don't know that. There are some sick people in this world and nothing will deter them once they are determined to do something.

I understand that LE may get the results of the rape kit as early as today. Also, that they are developing a DNA profile. I hope this furthers the unsolved cases too.

Here's the other 1992 unsolved murder that is possibly linked:

Norsaadah Husain
Clemson, Pickens County, SC
Abducted : Central, Pickens County, South Carolina
Body Found: Oconee County, South Carolina

On Monday June 8, 1992 Norsaadah Husain, a 30 year old graduate student at Clemson University in Clemson, SC was seen doing her laundry at the Suds and Duds Laundromat in the tiny town of Central, SC. Roy Jamison the Laundromat's janitor entered the Laundromat at 8:42 PM, to find blood covering the concrete floor and a long smear of blood running 15 feet from a wall of dryers to the front door as if someone had been dragged. Roy Jamison immediately phoned the Central Police Department to report his findings.
Norsaadah's keys were found on a nearby washing machine and a clump of hair was on the floor. Norsaadah's clothes were left in a dryer and her car was found out front with the motor still warm.
Over 60 officers from various agencies (Central PD, Clemson City, Clemson University, Pickens County Sheriff's Office, Greenville County Sheriff's Office and SLED) began a 3 county search, spanning over Pickens, Anderson, and Oconee counties in the upstate of SC.
Month's went by without a clue as to what happened to Miss Husain, a quiet individual originally from Malaysia. It's said that Norsaadah kept to herself and went to school, very few people knew Norsaadah.
Three month's later on Wednesday September 16, 1992, a man scouting for deer tracks near Highway 11 in Oconee county stumbled upon a human skeleton. The remains were located near the Oconee Nuclear Station, where 4 years earlier Daisy Ruth Moore Snider's body was found (same vicinity). The remains were later identified as Norsaadah Husain's. Norsaadah's remains were found two miles from the nearest highway and about 100 yards from a paved back road.
If you have any information concerning Norsaadah's case please contact one of the agencies below.

Central Police Department: 1-864-639-4020
Pickens County Sheriff's Office: 1-864-898-5500
Oconee County Sheriff's Office: 1-864-638-4111
SC Law Enforcement Division: 1-888-559-TIPS (8477)

..........and then there's the Daisy Snider murder in 1988??? this is getting more confusing.

LvsAMystry said:
From Foxnews article listed in another post above:
"Souers, a civil engineering student from Ladue, Mo., was a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority at Clemson, an agricultural and engineering school in the northwestern corner of the state about 30 miles west of Greenville. She also worked with a local charity."

From article regarding possible linked case:

"Brooke Holsonback was in her second semester at Clemson University. She was a 19 year-old freshman who graduated from Saluda High School less than a year before. She had already started making good friends and the night of February 19, 1997 had just returned from a Gamma Sigma Sigma sorority meeting."

Now, myself having gone to a small, private no frat or sororities college, I wonder what the percentage of female students participate in these. So they look fairly similar and were both pledged. Interesting possibly.
Clemson is an extremely social school and fraternity/sorority life is very dominant on campus, or at least it was when I was there in the mid 90's. If I remember correctly, Gamma Sigma Sigma was more of a civic minded sorority and was more welcoming of new people. A pledge of Kappa Kappa Gamma, on the other hand, had to go through a formal rush process which can be very competitive.

I was in a sorority at Clemson and didn't experience hazing. Well, actually - I was blindfolded once and had to sing Salt'N Peppa songs to frat boys but we all thought that was pretty funny.

I know columbia is far away (4-5 hours maybe?) but I can't help but be reminded of Dail Dinwiddie's disappearance. Especially because she shared a similar look to these girls.

Just watched the funeral recessional for Tiffany on Fox News...the priests and her casket being carried out of the Catholic church in Ladue where she was a member. So very sad. They had bagpipers and everything. My eyes filled with tears.

May LE solve this case, ASAP. I think it was someone Tiffany knew and trusted, b/c of there being no sign of forced entry.

They do look alot alike. But I think this 'look' is a very common one for predators to take. Kind of the All American Girl or Barbie look.

We have seen so many girls like this - both Brooke's, Drew, Taylor, Elizabeth and so many more were all preyed upon. Looks like predators like young blonds.

Scandi

I have been doing some searching and there are a number of "missing young women" from that area! One was listed as a runaway...???...she was 20. I don't think people actually "run away" at that age. JMO

I think it's a serial killer and he has been active since the late 80's. jmo

Fox news just reported that an arrest will be made soon! Also there should be news from the investigation this afternoon.

richandfamous said:
Fox news just reported that an arrest will be made soon! Also there should be news from the investigation this afternoon.

Thanks for the update, rich. Please keep us posted. If true that is pretty fast work. I wonder if we'll be shocked as to who it is.

richandfamous said:
Whoa. That's great. I can't wait to hear who it is. I am betting another student who lives in the complex or who saw her out with her friends that night. Of course, that's just my WAG...

I heard on the Abrams report that they have a picture of a suspect and his car. They are going to release it tomorrow. They also said that a transaction that was made in connection with Tiffany is what makes him a suspect. The only thing I can think of is an ATM transaction.

They are saying the photo is blurry but hope someone recognizes a stance or a facial feature. The car I am not sure about. The transaction could be a pizza delivery guy, someone returning a book, a cab driver etc. I think they have time stamped surveilance around her front door otherwise it wouldn't be a suspect. It would be just an encounter that happened at another location.

They are sure it is male....that is all they are sure of at this point.

concernedperson said:
They are saying the photo is blurry but hope someone recognizes a stance or a facial feature. The car I am not sure about. The transaction could be a pizza delivery guy, someone returning a book, a cab driver etc. I think they have time stamped surveilance around her front door otherwise it wouldn't be a suspect. It would be just an encounter that happened at another location.

They are sure it is male....that is all they are sure of at this point.

I feel sure the poor girl was raped and the DNA they have is likely from that...so that's a big reason why they are sure her killer is a male.

I could be mistaken, but I thought that they said the guy in the video was driving a jeep.

Guy was in a Jeep? Wasn't that girl who was killed in 97 dumped near an off road course for four wheelers and dirt bikes?

--Central man charged in sexual assault
Authorities say arrest came during investigation of Souers' slaying

Authorities investigating the slaying of a Clemson University student at an off-campus apartment complex arrested a man who lives at the same complex Wednesday and charged him in an alleged sexual assault a month ago.

The 25-year-old Central man is identified in warrants as Stephen David Kudika Jr. of 101-O Sumter Lane.

Kudika was arrested by the Central Police Department and was being held at the Pickens County Detention Center, according to the warrant and a booking report.

more at link

--Authorities say young man is suspect in Clemson slaying

GREENVILLE, S.C. - A young man was identified as a suspect Thursday in the killing of a 20-year-old Clemson University student who was strangled with a bikini top nearly a week ago, prosecutor Bob Ariail said.

Ariail said authorities were waiting to release the photo because it was not clear and officials were working to enhance it. He also said they had to finalize plans for a tip line and make sure there was staff to answer phones.

He wouldn't say if the suspect was a student, but he was confident the young man wouldn't flee.

"We're not worried about that," Ariail said. Asked why, he responded, "Trust me."

more at link

maiseyjane said:
There is a Stephen Kudika listed on the Clemson website. If it is the same one, It says he is a Graduate Assistant in Fitness and Marketing.

http://stuaff.clemson.edu/campusrec/staff.html
thankyou maiseyjane, yes... I saw that as well. Since he has not been officially named a suspect I am waiting for the news to break tomorrow, but I think this will be the man based on those reports. what are your thoughts?

They also are searching for the sheets that were missing from the bed of the Clemson University student when she was found on the floor of her apartment, a source close to the investigation told The Greenville News late Thursday. After an extensive search, investigators fished a set of sheets from a river, but they turned out not to be hers, the source said.

Authorities are searching for a 1986-95 Blazer or Jimmy that is light-colored, possibly gray or white, the source told the newspaper.

http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060601/NEWS01/60601014/1004

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner
Back