SC - Todd Kohlhepp, known and possible victims

Todd Kohlhepp: Search for more victims ends, nothing found

"The search for possible additional victims of South Carolina serial killer Todd Kohlhepp ended Wednesday afternoon. Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright said nothing was found during the search

Investigators were searching a heavily wooded area off Interstate 26 in southern Spartanburg County after they received a tip that serial killer Todd Kohlhepp may have buried two additional victims there.

"They're grid-searching," Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright said about noon Wednesday.

New information suggested Kohlhepp's alleged additional victims may be "pizza delivery people," Wright said. Their identities were unknown, he said.
Kohlhepp, through a tipster, gave investigators new information regarding the location of the two victims, prompting a search with about 20 deputies and cadaver dogs on Summer Road near Ridge Road in Enoree....

"This will be the last time this happens until he gives me something specific that I can corroborate," the sheriff said. "I don't want this to be something where he wants to stay relevant."..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well darn. But darn it why even go there without him. Of course they are not going to find anything unless he is there to show them where the bodies are.

Woods is too hard to search unless you have the guy there with you pointing it out.

I know they dont want to give him a free vacation but if that is what it takes to close a couple cases and give other families closure then so be it. Take the guy there and let him show you where he put them.

If he lies and they are not there then its probably the last time that would happen. But dont invest a bunch of people searching woods without the guy that is claiming he did it. Crazy.

"Wright said Kohlhepp would not be at the scene,"

The Charley Project link for Elizabeth Calvert posted above is broken. Here is a new one: Elizabeth W. Calvert – The Charley Project
And John Calvert:
John L. Calvert – The Charley Project
It does sound like there is a suspect in the Calvert case, but they also seem like possible TK victims. TK killed people that had businesses he dealt with or that did service work on his property. Could he have rented a boat or property from John Calvert? Was he unsatisfied with their service and went into a rage like he did with the motorcycle shop owners?

Quoting my own post to add that Elizabeth had her pilots license and so did TK. Could be a link. Plus TK worked in real estate and John owned a property management company.

Quoting my own post to add that Elizabeth had her pilots license and so did TK. Could be a link. Plus TK worked in real estate and John owned a property management company.

Not only did they both have pilot licenses but they both obtained their pilot licenses in March of 2006. I never figured out if they trained at the same flight school but it seems possible since they lived in the same state. Admittedly, it's all somewhat circumstantial but the many coincidences are why I kept the Calverts on my list. Below are a couple of my previous posts in this thread:

I wonder if he could have had anything to do with the disappearance of John and Elizabeth Calvert in 2008? They were missing from their vacation home in Hilton Head. They were suspected to have been killed by a man who committed suicide but as far as I can tell they never found their bodies and never found the suspected murder weapon--a gun missing from their home.

Missing Person Case
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/calvert_elizabeth.html
Cold-case alert issued for Calverts who disappeared in 2008 from Hilton Head
Contents of suicide notes in missing couple case revealed

A few things of thing of note: The Calverts had a yacht named the Yellow Jacket and TK had posted about bushhogging his beach area and hoping the yellow jackets didn't come out to play on the same day as one of the Coxie's relatives posted a plea to fb looking for them ...granted that post was years later from the time the Calverts went missing...but he may have been thinking of prior victims while posting about more recent ones (the Coxies) or he might have been burying/moving the Coxies that day. :(

Elizabeth Calvert had a pilot's license and they owned a private plane

The last man to see them alive was an accountant for a realty company called The Club Group. He committed suicide and confessed in his suicide not that he stole money from the Calverts.

Partially answering my own question on the pilot's license. TK got his license 25 March 2006* and Elizabeth Calvert ALSO got her pilot's license in March of 2006. Wow.
I have not found where they went to flight school yet so if anyone knows, please chime in, thanks!

*credit to Kadoober's timeline for this info I was able to find it quickly by checking there: Kohlhepp

Not only did they both have pilot licenses but they both obtained their pilot licenses in March of 2006. I never figured out if they trained at the same flight school but it seems possible since they lived in the same state. Admittedly, it's all somewhat circumstantial but the many coincidences are why I kept the Calverts on my list. Below are a couple of my previous posts in this thread:

Thanks Gardener! I have been around much the last few years and missed this discussion when it was going on. Something about the Calverts is really bothering me. The fact that they both got their pilot licenses the same month is even more interesting. Do you know if they both got them in South Carolina? Did TK have access to a small plane? Do we know anything about him using is pilots license? Did he go pleasure flying on weekends, etc? i.e. Did he visit the Hilton Head area via plane? Has anyone reached out to the investigators on the Calvert case to see if they looked into any possible connections with TK?

Thanks Gardener! I have been around much the last few years and missed this discussion when it was going on. Something about the Calverts is really bothering me. The fact that they both got their pilot licenses the same month is even more interesting. Do you know if they both got them in South Carolina? Did TK have access to a small plane? Do we know anything about him using is pilots license? Did he go pleasure flying on weekends, etc? i.e. Did he visit the Hilton Head area via plane? Has anyone reached out to the investigators on the Calvert case to see if they looked into any possible connections with TK?

All good questions. Just going by my memory-- I think we looked for more info about his flying and whether he had a plane but never found much that was public. I believe TK was living in South Carolina in 2006 but who knows if he got his license there. I'm not sure if the Calvert case was ever mentioned as a tip to investigators. They probably consider that case solved since they named the man who committed suicide as the only suspect. But they never found the Calverts. I have to admit it sounds really far fetched that TK was involved because it seems like LE would have already figured out a connection... but then again I thought KB and Charlie were most likely in a car accident until KB was rescued and the truth came out. It probably would not hurt if someone wanted to submit a tip about TK and Elizabeth training for the pilot's license at the same time. ;)

Woman Held Captive by Serial Killer Todd Kohlhepp Awarded Over $6 Million in Lawsuit

"A South Carolina judge ordered convicted serial killer Todd Kohlhepp to pay Kala Brown $6.3 million in compensation after he kidnapped her and chained her inside a storage container.

Brown sued Kohlhepp for assault, battery, false imprisonment, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligence, according to The State. The lawsuit was filed in November 2016, and Brown’s legal team filed a motion for Spartanburg Circuit Court Judge Keith Kelly to pass a ruling in the case when Kohlhepp and his team didn’t respond.

The judge awarded Brown $1.5 million for costs she already incurred, and $4.7 million for future damages on Thursday. Brown initially sought $360 million in damages, according to Greenville News....

There are five other civil lawsuits pending against Kohlhepp, according to the Greenville News, and The State reported that his belongings were being auctioned off and his property was being sold to pay his victims. ..."

Woman Held Captive by Serial Killer Todd Kohlhepp Awarded Over $6 Million in Lawsuit – Brinkwire
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only those who bought something could enter Kohlhepp's property on Thursday. A lawyer says Kohlhepp's 95 acres will be sold in a foreclosure auction after Labor Day. The money will go to Kohlhepp's victims and their family members.

"I bid on a trailer, which I wanted, but I didn't get that. Prices went up pretty good, and I'm thankful for that. For the victims to get anything, you just can't replace what they lost," said Jacob Mann, a Greenville realtor who claims to have spoken with Kohlhepp before about potential deals. "So, the support to the victims' families is really what I hope most of this is about."

Read more: People flock to Kohlhepp property to pick up items won at auction

WOODRUFF, SC (FOX Carolina) -

All the belongings serial killer Todd Kohlhepp kept at the Woodruff-area property where deputies found three bodies buried and a woman held captive have been sold during an online auction.

People bought more than 500 lots of items, which included office supplies, toilet paper, gun owners’ manuals, pocket knives, and an ATV. The auction closed on Wednesday.

The winning bids ranged anywhere from a dollar and change to thousands of dollars.

Winning bidders pick up their items from Kohlhepp's property after online auction

The pickup will last until Friday afternoon, according to Darron Meares, whose company Meares Land and Auction handled the sale.

Every one of the 500-plus items up for auction — such as power tools, an ATV, canned food and stacks of books — sold, according to the auction catalog. The land itself and the residence that sits on it go into foreclosure proceedings Sept. 5. Spartanburg County property records list the value of the tract at $504,410.

All proceeds from the auction are going to settlements for the victims and their families.

Last week, a judge awarded KB, the woman Kohlhepp held captive, $6.3 million in damages in a civil suit. She originally sought about $363 million.

In a separate suit, Cindy Coxie, whose son Johnny was another of Kohlhepp’s victims, is seeking $26 million in damages.
One real estate sign with Kohlhepp’s name on it sold for close to $500 and others surpassed $100.
Kohlhepp’s Yamaha Grizzly 550 four-wheeler sold for $3,200, the most expensive item. A 10-by-5 wood bed utility trailer brought in $800, and a Central Machinery metal lathe sold for $650.
A lot of freeze-dried food containers (sealed with food in them) sold for $135, and a “Hell of a Ride” motorcycle flag sold for $125. A number of lock boxes for keys that were once registered with the Spartanburg Association of Realtors each sold in the $75 range.
A handful of dental tools were included in a lot of wrenches and hooks. That lot sold for $9.50.

Five buyers were allowed on the property at a time, and a Spartanburg County deputy oversaw the pickup. Bidders were required to provide a sale receipt to enter the property.

“It’s because we’re concerned about it turning into a circus and people wanting to go out and see the property,” Meares said.
Read more: Buyers line up for items won in auction of Todd Kohlhepp's belongings

Delaney Lumiere, of Taylors, said she has followed Kohlhepp's story since his arrest and is an avid viewer of serial killer documentaries "day, noon and night." She came to the property around 1 p.m. and bought more than a dozen TKA Real Estate yard signs along with post hole diggers and a toaster oven.

She's hoping to hold onto the signs so that they add value as time goes on, she said.

"How many more bodies will they find?" she said. "It's fascinating. It's cool in a very morbid way."

She described Kohlhepp as "fat," "grotesque," and "disgusting."

"And when I got down there, how hot it was. I couldn't imagine how hot it was in that container," she said before driving away with her purchases.

Jacob Mann, a Greenville-based real estate agent, made off with one of the yard signs for $120, he said. He remembers doing a property transaction with Kohlhepp once. He didn't suspect anything unusual about the serial killer at that time, he said.

Apart from the sign, he bought hunting items and items for his trailer hitch.

"As sick as that may sound, I'm in real estate, he was in real estate," Mann said. "It's one of those things where I did a deal with him in the past and certainly never thought he'd have the capability to do what he did. It's just the fact that I communicated with him."

He said he's happy to see the victims benefiting from Kohlhepp's belongings.

Read more: Todd Kohlhepp property auction items: What did people buy and why?

"He's a different kind of serial killer": Real 'Mindhunter' delves into the mind of Todd Kohlhepp

While they didn’t find anything back in August, Douglas still believes there are other victims.

“If you want to get some closure with some cases, what do you have to lose?” said Douglas.

This guy is a nasty piece of work of course. He will likely have more victims but I also think looking at his personality he might be inclined to try and take the 'credit' for some crimes he may not have committed because of ego. I always thought the I70 Killer may have been a good suspect in the Superbike Murders but it appears pretty clear he is the offender now from what I have read.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back