SC - Todd Kohlhepp, known and possible victims

Discussion in 'Todd Kohlhepp' started by Gardener1850, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

Well darn. But darn it why even go there without him. Of course they are not going to find anything unless he is there to show them where the bodies are.

Woods is too hard to search unless you have the guy there with you pointing it out.

I know they dont want to give him a free vacation but if that is what it takes to close a couple cases and give other families closure then so be it. Take the guy there and let him show you where he put them.

If he lies and they are not there then its probably the last time that would happen. But dont invest a bunch of people searching woods without the guy that is claiming he did it. Crazy.

"Wright said Kohlhepp would not be at the scene,"

Todd Kohlhepp: Search for more victims ends, nothing found

2. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Quoting my own post to add that Elizabeth had her pilots license and so did TK. Could be a link. Plus TK worked in real estate and John owned a property management company.

3. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

Not only did they both have pilot licenses but they both obtained their pilot licenses in March of 2006. I never figured out if they trained at the same flight school but it seems possible since they lived in the same state. Admittedly, it's all somewhat circumstantial but the many coincidences are why I kept the Calverts on my list. Below are a couple of my previous posts in this thread:

4. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Thanks Gardener! I have been around much the last few years and missed this discussion when it was going on. Something about the Calverts is really bothering me. The fact that they both got their pilot licenses the same month is even more interesting. Do you know if they both got them in South Carolina? Did TK have access to a small plane? Do we know anything about him using is pilots license? Did he go pleasure flying on weekends, etc? i.e. Did he visit the Hilton Head area via plane? Has anyone reached out to the investigators on the Calvert case to see if they looked into any possible connections with TK?

5. Gardener1850

All good questions. Just going by my memory-- I think we looked for more info about his flying and whether he had a plane but never found much that was public. I believe TK was living in South Carolina in 2006 but who knows if he got his license there. I'm not sure if the Calvert case was ever mentioned as a tip to investigators. They probably consider that case solved since they named the man who committed suicide as the only suspect. But they never found the Calverts. I have to admit it sounds really far fetched that TK was involved because it seems like LE would have already figured out a connection... but then again I thought KB and Charlie were most likely in a car accident until KB was rescued and the truth came out. It probably would not hurt if someone wanted to submit a tip about TK and Elizabeth training for the pilot's license at the same time. ;)

6. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

7. mocity

mocity Verified family -Cheryl Henry & Andy Atkinson case

Who in the heck would buy that shed? Creepy

8. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

Woman Held Captive by Serial Killer Todd Kohlhepp Awarded Over $6 Million in Lawsuit

"A South Carolina judge ordered convicted serial killer Todd Kohlhepp to pay Kala Brown $6.3 million in compensation after he kidnapped her and chained her inside a storage container.

Brown sued Kohlhepp for assault, battery, false imprisonment, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligence, according to The State. The lawsuit was filed in November 2016, and Brown’s legal team filed a motion for Spartanburg Circuit Court Judge Keith Kelly to pass a ruling in the case when Kohlhepp and his team didn’t respond.

The judge awarded Brown $1.5 million for costs she already incurred, and $4.7 million for future damages on Thursday. Brown initially sought $360 million in damages, according to Greenville News....

There are five other civil lawsuits pending against Kohlhepp, according to the Greenville News, and The State reported that his belongings were being auctioned off and his property was being sold to pay his victims. ..."

Woman Held Captive by Serial Killer Todd Kohlhepp Awarded Over $6 Million in Lawsuit – Brinkwire
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bluenoser, cujenn81, watcher9 and 5 others like this.
  9. Tssiemer

Tssiemer Well-Known Member

Ok. But. Is she going to see that money?

10. BlkMtnGirl

BlkMtnGirl Well-Known Member

Probably (almost definitely) not all, but they’re selling his stuff to pay victims, and he had quite a bit of stuff.

11. Gardener1850

Read more: People flock to Kohlhepp property to pick up items won at auction

12. Gardener1850

Winning bidders pick up their items from Kohlhepp's property after online auction

13. Gardener1850

Read more: Buyers line up for items won in auction of Todd Kohlhepp's belongings

14. Gardener1850

Read more: Todd Kohlhepp property auction items: What did people buy and why?

15. mocity

mocity Verified family -Cheryl Henry & Andy Atkinson case

16. jaejae

jaejae Former Member

This case is one I do not really know very much about but do people think he may be responsible for any more shooting murders in the way the I70 Killer was.

17. formerjerseygirl

formerjerseygirl Well-Known Member

18. jaejae

jaejae Former Member

This guy is a nasty piece of work of course. He will likely have more victims but I also think looking at his personality he might be inclined to try and take the 'credit' for some crimes he may not have committed because of ego. I always thought the I70 Killer may have been a good suspect in the Superbike Murders but it appears pretty clear he is the offender now from what I have read.

bluenoser and fred&edna like this.