SC - Walter Scott, 50, fatally shot by North Charleston PD officer, 4 April 2015 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the taser to me, but he should not have moved anything. It was a crime scene.

I don't know the rule--maybe someone in the know could chime in, but it seems like LE should secure any weapon at a crime scene.

I don't know the rule--maybe someone in the know could chime in, but it seems like LE should secure any weapon at a crime scene.

No one was around and it was an already fired taser. Not anything that was a threat. All he had to do is wait for back up and point it out. He shoots this man like a dog, Not to stop him and then leaves him there to die while he picks up the taser to make it look like more of a threat.

No one was around and it was an already fired taser. Not anything that was a threat. All he had to do is wait for back up and point it out. He shoots this man like a dog, Not to stop him and then leaves him there to die while he picks up the taser to make it look like more of a threat.

The taser could still be used as a stun gun. And if you review the video, you can see other people who could have gotten ahold of it.

The taser could still be used as a stun gun. And if you review the video, you can see other people who could have gotten ahold of it.

Who exactly? Other officers were on the scene super fast, could no one have stood by in a perimeter to keep bystanders away?

Although .... who are the other people who could have gotten to it?

No they couldn't. First of all the cop was supposed to be rendering aid to Mr. Scott, Since he did not do that he could have stood right where the taser was and that would have been that. THERE IS NO EXCUSE to move evidence in this case.

Who exactly? Other officers were on the scene super fast, could no one have stood by in a perimeter to keep bystanders away?

Although .... who are the other people who could have gotten to it?

There are at least two witnesses and as I said you can see people in the video. Let me know if you have not seen the video of the traffic stop and I will get the link for you.

Also........like I said, I am not sure of the proper protocol in the situation. Maybe someone who does know could respond.

If these officers are all super duper fearful of a stun gun being picked up by, I dunno, a random maniacal bystander, instead of having the wherewithal to be able to stand guard around a crime scene, why are they even cops? There is protocol for securing a crime scene and keeping wanderers out. They can't just move evidence around.

That's a good point, but I doubt police procedure is to secure the weapon by placing it next to the person he claims he was in fear of.

Now I really am confused because I thought a photo was posted that showed Officer Slager had re-holstered his Taser after the shooting and what he dropped near the body was the cartridge attached to the wires which Scott's leg seemed to be caught up in.

JMO

That's a good point, but I doubt not police procedure is to secure the weapon by placing it next to the person he claims he was in fear of.

Agree, but I doubt a police officer is going to plant evidence when he knows he is on video.

Now I really am confused because I thought a photo was posted that showed Officer Slager had re-holstered his Taser after the shooting and what he dropped near the body was the cartridge attached to the wires which Scott's leg seemed to be caught up in.

JMO

You could be right. I need to go back and review.

If that's the baseball cap, then the officer never planted a taser at Scott's feet. He ran over to retrieve the baseball cap not the taser or cartridge.

Way upthread there is a picture or screen shot of the scene with the baseball cap between Scott and Slager. There is also something a few feet behind Slager. Whatever belonged to/with the taser that Slager picked up was the item a few feet behind Slager. I think that is the item that was retrieved and dropped next to Scott.

There is a shot in the video where the hat is seen falling to the ground. I'll try and find it and post it again but I don't how soon....

<self snip removed quoted post>

I can help again if you'd like :) I took these screenshots of the dash cam video yesterday. One is the tail lights off, the other is the tail lights activated. The activated tail lights are lit up.

lightoff.jpglighton.jpg

Please do not make your posting personal.

Thank you,
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads