Scenario of a kidnapping gone wrong

I have a question.....didnt the Bouler Police have a K-9 Unit? I dont remember seeing any but if they hd brought a good sniffer dog in, JB wouldve been found right away. Couldve followed the scent.
Like everything else with this case, it all seems so strange! the wait, and all the time theyre waiting, no police search the house, basement, etc NO sniffer dogs for a supposed kidnapped child. ?????
And THEN, the cop tells Mr Ramsey of all people to search the house!
I truly believe that the Ramseys had thought JonBenet had been kidnapped and were thinking "out there" somewhere......
This to me was a case of botched Police work. Yes, it WASChristmas day and maybe they were all away but where I live, a missing child is: SERIOUS- PRONTO. They only had ONE Police Officer over there?

I have a question.....didnt the Bouler Police have a K-9 Unit? I dont remember seeing any but if they hd brought a good sniffer dog in, JB wouldve been found right away. Couldve followed the scent.
Like everything else with this case, it all seems so strange! the wait, and all the time theyre waiting, no police search the house, basement, etc NO sniffer dogs for a supposed kidnapped child. ?????
I truly believe that the Ramseys had thought JonBenet had been kidnapped and were thinking "out there" somewhere......
This to me was a case of botched Police work. Yes, it WASChristmas day and maybe they were all away but where I live, a missing child is: SERIOUS- PRONTO. They only had ONE Police Officer over there?

Eller nixed the dogs.

Where did you get the information only one officer was there. One detective but what about the first officers on the scene etc?

I going to guess that feddup is talking about Detective Linda Arndt being the only officer there as she was left there alone for a long period of time. I think feddup needs to read Steve Thomas' book and also DOI to round it out. But some book reading for some posters for facts is in order here on a couple of these active threads today, IMO.:rolleyes:

I going to guess that feddup is talking about Detective Linda Arndt being the only officer there as she was left there alone for a long period of time. I think feddup needs to read Steve Thomas' book and also DOI to round it out. But some book reading for some posters for facts is in order here on a couple of these active threads today, IMO.:rolleyes:

Yes I thought of that but thought since we know even the FBI was there and Arndts time was the only time I could think of I would allow for feddup to tell me what time they were thinking of instead of me jumping in and presupposing an answer there is so darn much misinformation out there .....

Leighl, you stated you would be glued to the phone waiting for a phone call from the kidnappers.
I guess I would too.
But, when you take a good look at this particulat ransom note, the only instructions, the parents and LE had to guide them, is that the kidnappers say they will phone tomorrow. At that point of the crime, no one knew which "tomorrow" that would had been.
Lines like that are a giveaway that this is not a legimate ransom note.
So much time is devoted in this tome to how the money should be prepared, from the type of containers to be used, and the warning it will involve a lot exhausting activity, down to the exact denomination and amount of money.
But, what should be the most important focus, the only real reason for a ransom note is to exchange child for money. And even then that instruction is confusing and not clear.
That "Small Foreign Faction" was not only small, but very inexperienced in the art of making money off a kidnapping.

The "small foreign faction" also wasn't foreign...

Leighl, you stated you would be glued to the phone waiting for a phone call from the kidnappers.
I guess I would too.
But, when you take a good look at this particulat ransom note, the only instructions, the parents and LE had to guide them, is that the kidnappers say they will phone tomorrow. At that point of the crime, no one knew which "tomorrow" that would had been.
Lines like that are a giveaway that this is not a legimate ransom note.
So much time is devoted in this tome to how the money should be prepared, from the type of containers to be used, and the warning it will involve a lot exhausting activity, down to the exact denomination and amount of money.
But, what should be the most important focus, the only real reason for a ransom note is to exchange child for money. And even then that instruction is confusing and not clear.
That "Small Foreign Faction" was not only small, but very inexperienced in the art of making money off a kidnapping.
I've always believed 'tomorrow' meant the 27th.Patsy wrote the note,pictured herself walking down the stairs to pick it up,so 'tomorrow' is 27th to her;the next day.
I believe it was to buy time as well (24+ hours).I'm not sure they planned on calling LE right away.The note spells out a heck of a lot,with a lot of built-in excuses,IMO,from being seen outside the house early ('if we monitor you getting the money early'),to staying home,(to 'be rested',as the note says),to not finding the body at all (they will be 'denied her remains').IMO,at least when it was first written (and I think they may have changed scenarios more than once),the intent was to carry out their own plans (which likely involved hiding evidence,as well as perhaps the body),with a phone call to LE coming the next day,sometime after 10am,when the 'kidnappers' failed to call.

I think any innocent parent would have found their child within an HOUR or less if that happened to them.I know I would have checked and rechecked every nook and cranny of the house and basement, attic if there is one, as well as the yard,neighborhood,etc.

AMEN!! NOT only that...they would have checked outside for clues. Remember...JOHN..in his 1998 interview says that he spent 30 whopping SECONDS outside. His words....not mine ..( I DID add the word "whopping" though). 30 SECONDS!!!! If my child were missing...RN or not...I would turn my house upside down...and I don't care if it was over 7,000 square feet...each and every nook and cranny...(like YOU said) would be checked. INCLUDING the outside...what if the kidnappers dropped something as they were taking her from the house? Sorry...but 30 SECONDS doesn't cut it, when you are outside looking around...after your child has been kidnapped. Only the Ramseys.......

AMEN!! NOT only that...they would have checked outside for clues. Remember...JOHN..in his 1998 interview says that he spent 30 whopping SECONDS outside. His words....not mine ..( I DID add the word "whopping" though). 30 SECONDS!!!! If my child were missing...RN or not...I would turn my house upside down...and I don't care if it was over 7,000 square feet...each and every nook and cranny...(like YOU said) would be checked. INCLUDING the outside...what if the kidnappers dropped something as they were taking her from the house? Sorry...but 30 SECONDS doesn't cut it, when you are outside looking around...after your child has been kidnapped. Only the Ramseys.......
sure,what if they'd gotten too afraid to take her after all,and left her outside somewhere? that would be my thought (and hope as well).so I'd be out there looking,thinking perhaps she's scared and hiding.

Wasn't there a gold earring found in the street later,after the R's left,matching the one on the bear JB received at a pageant? Funny no one noticed it bf.No clue why an earring would be important,but I think it's proof they removed items from the house.

sure,what if they'd gotten too afraid to take her after all,and left her outside somewhere? that would be my thought (and hope as well).so I'd be out there looking,thinking perhaps she's scared and hiding.

Wasn't there a gold earring found in the street later,after the R's left,matching the one on the bear JB received at a pageant? Funny no one noticed it bf.No clue why an earring would be important,but I think it's proof they removed items from the house.

Yes, there was a gold earring that matched one found attached to the Santa Bear. It can be seen on Ruthee's site.

Exactly! She could have escaped from her kidnappers...and like you said...be hiding somewhere...cold and scared! But, John spends 30 seconds outside looking around! :confused: I heard about that earring found in the street, but hadn't heard that it matched the one on the bear.

Yes, there was a gold earring that matched one found attached to the Santa Bear. It can be seen on Ruthee's site.

Really?? Hmmmm. I will have to check that out. Wonder why only one of those earrings were found outside? And why? Another part of the STAGING, perhaps? Who knows when that earring was left there too. JB could have been playing with that bear outside at some point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukeyboy43
Back