Found Deceased SD - Alicia Hummel, 29, found near boat ramp, Myron Grove / Meckling, 1 Jun 2015

IMO, Murder-for-hire cases are very hard to solve. In some cases a person's alibi is almost too perfect. Things that happen after the murder tell a story and show the motive. It's sad that this will probably never get solved. There's a famous saying that goes like this..."It's not what you know, it's what you can prove in court".

IMO, Murder-for-hire cases are very hard to solve. In some cases a person's alibi is almost too perfect. Things that happen after the murder tell a story and show the motive. It's sad that this will probably never get solved. There's a famous saying that goes like this..."It's not what you know, it's what you can prove in court".

Do you believe this was a murder-for-hire? If so, what leads you to believe this? I would be interested in hearing your thoughts. As you said; this is a very difficult case.

I just watched her episode on Still A Mystery tonight. There were a couple things in the episode I hadn't heard before (maybe I just missed them). One was that her body was found around 2:15 PM. They said, if I'm recalling correctly, that some people in a boat found her at that time. Previously, I thought an employee found her after or around 3:00? So that makes the timeline even tighter. They said she sent her last text at 1:45 and was found dead within 30 minutes.

The other new info I heard was about that text message. She texted a friend at 1:45 laughing about a couple having sex in a car there. That's super interesting to me. If that's the case, someone else WAS there either right before she was killed or possibly when she was killed. It also makes me wonder - could that couple be involved? If they weren't involved, it's interesting that no one has come forward to say they were in the area around that time. Now perhaps the people having sex were having an affair and don't want to admit being there because of that. But I hope they do the right thing and contact police. They might have valuable info and not even know it. I know it's been over 5 years, but still.

I really do feel this might be a random/stranger crime, unfortunately. That she just crossed paths with the wrong person. I think the only way this will be solved is if someone comes forward who knows something, and I do think someone besides the perp knows something or has an inkling. Hopefully they do the right thing. MOO

this is what i mean...once you realize it's likely a stranger murder , it changes the whole stage.

it's a person who is just out there. whether it was a spur of the moment attack , or a long planned and premeditated serial killing , it's a person who is out there and perhaps he is moving around , or he drives that straight shot truck route, and he likes to find places to pull off and just kind of wait and see..maybe he does it weekly, patiently waiting for his moment or maybe he is always watching, waiting and looking.

but once you start looking at a stranger, you have to ask...one guy? one guy did all this?

or a stranger in every corner everywhere?

i wish there was a way we could know.

mOO

Joining the discussion for Alicia (thanks for the link @margarita25)!

I agree that there are some similarities between the Delphi case and Alicia's. Especially this (from Margarita's link above):
Early that Monday afternoon, she’d sent a selfie— her with her fishing rod in hand — through Snapchat, a social media platform, the Journal reported.

View attachment 167118
Courtesy photo Tim Hynds, Sioux City Journal
The boat ramp at the Myron Grove access at the Missouri River southwest of Meckling, South Dakota, is shown Tuesday, May 31, 2016. The body of Alicia Hummel, 29, of Sioux City, was discovered near the boat ramp May 31, 2015, and there have been no arrests.

Alicia Marie Hummel | Iowa Cold Cases

“According to a Sioux City Journal article dated June 24, 2015, Hummel had gone fishing June 1, the first day of a vacation from her job at Siouxland Family Center in Dakota City, where she taught Early Head Start classes for infants and toddlers.

Early that Monday afternoon, she’d sent a selfie— her with her fishing rod in hand — through Snapchat, a social media platform, the Journal reported.

An autopsy conducted in Minnehaha County, S.D., concluded Hummel died of drowning, with contributing circumstances of blunt force trauma to the head and incision wounds to the neck.”

Re: the above last sentence, post 1 describes the neck injury as follows:

“and an incised wound on her neck. “

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian