SD SD - Ode Edwin Ulver, 32, Sioux Falls, 1 Jan 1977

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original
Original
Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP64667
Ode Edwin Ulver
Nickname/Alias: Butch

Male, White / Caucasian
Height 5' 9" (69 Inches)
Weight 155 - 160 lbs

Hair Color Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color Hazel

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact January 1, 1977
NamUs Case Created January 25, 2020
Last Known Location Map
Location Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Minnehaha County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Ode Ulver lived in California but was in Sioux Falls, SD to visit when he was last seen. He reportedly rented a plane to fly to Detroit, MI and no one has seen or heard from him since.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Interesting one as it says "reportedly" rented a plane - seems LE weren't able to confirm this. Should we cast our net only in CA/SD/MI or is one more likely than that other?

Interesting one as it says "reportedly" rented a plane - seems LE weren't able to confirm this. Should we cast our net only in CA/SD/MI or is one more likely than that other?

Seems like he could be anywhere if he had a pilot's license. I also wonder how firm that Jan 1st, 1977 date is? Sometimes Jan 1st is a placeholder when they don't know what date the person went missing. If he wasn't reported missing right away, perhaps family only knew that sometime in 1977 he went to SD and rented a plane? IDK. Might help to try to find some newspaper articles on this case. I would start by looking for UIDs based on the date found/PMI (around 1977-1980) and ignore the location. MOO.

He seems to have been in the middle of a divorce at the time as Ancestry has divorce records for 1976 and 1978 from his wife Susan (nee Heller). Whilst 2 records from different years is unusual I would guess either that his disappearance interrupted the process, or that one record relates to the initial filing and the second to the decree nisi. Either way it could be material to his state of mind/intentions.

Bumping--I feel like there's answers out there we can get to if we really try!

There are some older articles out there - the filing of divorce notice and some other items (I believe) from when he was younger and a student in California. Additionally, and if the same person, he had some dealings with LE in Hawaii in 1972.

Unidentified male found in Medicine Mountain, SD on July 1,1978 recon below. His appearance sure looks like he could be MP Ode Edwin Ulver. The timeline just may work as well. Although, age estimate is listed as 15-21.

1705708810588.jpeg1705708920391.jpeg

Unidentified male found in Medicine Mountain, SD on July 1,1978 recon below. His appearance sure looks like he could be MP Ode Edwin Ulver. The timeline just may work as well. Although, age estimate is listed as 15-21.

View attachment 476008
Quite a strong resemblance, but checked for anyone who sees and this has been compared.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back