ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know if it was cadaver dogs or search dogs that hit on areas of interest?Does anyone know the area of interest the dogs hit on and where?
Someone here said they were cadaver dogs but I don't remember how that was determined. @SkipperKey3, do you remember?

The creek where the dogs showed interest is on the Children's Home property. @sodakblackbird, who is a local and familiar with the property, said the creek is just a foot or two deep. You can see it here: Google Maps

Someone here said they were cadaver dogs but I don't remember how that was determined. @SkipperKey3, do you remember?

The creek where the dogs showed interest is on the Children's Home property. @sodakblackbird, who is a local and familiar with the property, said the creek is just a foot or two deep. You can see it here: Google Maps
Thank You.

Definitely watch all 19 minutes of the biomom interview. My heart is breaking for this mom, I know you can only give a person so many chances but she really seems like she got passed along the system and not much help once she was out. I am not sure how much longer her sentence is but I hope after this, the state will help her stay clean and help stay on the right path. She lots so much recently.
Her theory is one that really hasn’t been brought up before. Former kids of the home would definitely be something to follow up on.
I agree former kids of the home would definitely know something and the children in the home with her.Did she try to run with other children?What have they said happened?

Was this creek where the cadaver dogs hit on anywhere near where the couple that was wanted for questioning that last saw her was? Police Looking for Couple Who May Have Seen Missing 9-Year-Old
They were cutting wood on Foster Gulch and South Rockerville Road?

Last edited:
I don't think it has ever been disclosed that Serenity was diagnosed specifically with RAD. There have been a few small details that seem to contraindicate this. Even very early on, they thought that she might be trying to get to family. Really hard to say looking in from the outside.
Well, if she didn’t have RAD before placement, she certainly had it after placement. But, RAD is apperant in children as young as one and younger. They simply don’t know who to trust.

Yes, it was the cadaver dogs, on the last day they searched, I think.

Was this creek where the cadaver dogs hit on anywhere near where the couple that was wanted for questioning that last saw her was? Police Looking for Couple Who May Have Seen Missing 9-Year-Old
The couple cutting wood didn't see Serenity. They spoke with one of the staff members the day Serenity disappeared. LE later located and spoke with them in an effort to narrow down the timeline.
MOO

I don't think it was anywhere close, but I'm not sure. The dogs showed interest around the creek that actually runs through the Home property. Foster Gulch isn't that close to the home, I don't think. On the map, Foster Gulch is several miles away. So I don't think the two are connected.

The volunteer search coordinated by Lynne DiSanto SD Senator has been set up as an event and rescheduled to Mar 24th per her Facebook page.
Yes, I think they got too much snow with this storm. The good news is that has passed on, and the forecast for the next week is plenty of sunshine and a warming trend, getting into the 50s by midweek. A week of sunshine with warming temperatures should help a lot and perhaps let them get some serious searching done on the 24th. They just need to be extremely careful. And I hope LE is involved as well.

I am also leaning to her being picked up. She wasn't running when sighted so wasn't on some mad dash to get away as far and fast as possible. Blazing a trail up the mountain would be scary, painful, slow going....I think she might have hid in the woods close to the road, but I can't see a 9 yr old just losing all sight of civilization and going hours into the woods to where there is no point of return. Sometime between her last sighting and the official search, I think she was picked up. Either right away or she returned to the road after a little time hiding/walking in the woods close to the home and road.

The home has no security cameras by the entrance? To at lease see what cars drove by and if one turned around or anything suspicious?
I almost feel like someone needs to take an approach like Molly Tibbett’s dad did. He kept saying that someone had her and now they are way over his/her head. He reassured them it is okay to let her come home. I can imagine if you are aiding a minor and now they have billboards with her picture, the person would be scared to tell anyone. Just some thoughts...IMO.

Well, if she didn’t have RAD before placement, she certainly had it after placement. But, RAD is apperant in children as young as one and younger. They simply don’t know who to trust.

RAD happens because infants do not get their needs met. Their cries are not answered. It is a developmental stage.

You cannot get RAD later on in life.

Attachment happens in infancy

Do you know if it was cadaver dogs or search dogs that hit on areas of interest?Does anyone know the area of interest the dogs hit on and where?

I saw this was answered by others but my understanding is the scent at the cattle guard was a live scent alert and determined to be Serenity. The lady dropping off someone at BHCH reportedly saw Serenity near that cattle guard. I realize RR, bio-mom's interview said she was seen on the road.

The scent at the creek was alerted by a cadaver dog and determined not to be related to Serenity.

RAD happens because infants do not get their needs met. Their cries are not answered. It is a developmental stage.

You cannot get RAD later on in life.

Attachment happens in infancy

Actually, it can develop anytime during the first five years. There are instances of children developing RAD after lengthy hospital stays in older children.

I totally get how cold it was. It's difficult for me to comprehend that she didn't turn right around and come back given the conditions. The poor thing must have been desperate to get away, or try to get home, or something.

I get the snow too. Still, it's difficult to understand how she wasn't found that first day. After that, with all the snow, I can see it. I'm sure once they were called and got there, the police and volunteers have done everything they can. I chalk it up to my own lack of imagination that I'm having trouble with this part.

One of my concerns is that she did in fact double back, and hid someplace nearby where she thought she'd be warm, and either wasn't as warm as she thought, or got stuck, or something, and was overlooked in the searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59