ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Feb 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkipperKey3

SkipperKey3 Well-Known Member

It is much harder than it seems to search every square inch of ground, even under ideal conditions.

2. Ms Suzanne

Ms Suzanne Well-Known Member

May I please ask.What did the helicopter,cadaver and search dogs find?Was her scent found? Cadaver dogs hit on anything?

3. Caylee Advocate

Caylee Advocate Well-Known Member

"However, their efforts proved to be in vain, as the sheriff's office announced Sunday night that the girl has still not been found. A video posted to Facebook showed people wading through a creek after dogs hit upon areas of interest."

https://www.argusleader.com/story/n...-dennard-black-hills-south-dakota/2835842002/

4. Ms Suzanne

Do you know if it was cadaver dogs or search dogs that hit on areas of interest?Does anyone know the area of interest the dogs hit on and where?

cass523, Jim_M, StarEyes and 3 others like this.
  5. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Someone here said they were cadaver dogs but I don't remember how that was determined. @SkipperKey3, do you remember?

The creek where the dogs showed interest is on the Children's Home property. @sodakblackbird, who is a local and familiar with the property, said the creek is just a foot or two deep. You can see it here: Google Maps

scmom, windrower, cass523 and 13 others like this.
  6. Ms Suzanne

Thank You.

7. Ms Suzanne

I agree former kids of the home would definitely know something and the children in the home with her.Did she try to run with other children?What have they said happened?

8. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

The volunteer search coordinated by Lynne DiSanto SD Senator has been set up as an event and rescheduled to Mar 24th per her Facebook page.

9. Ms Suzanne

Was this creek where the cadaver dogs hit on anywhere near where the couple that was wanted for questioning that last saw her was? Police Looking for Couple Who May Have Seen Missing 9-Year-Old
    They were cutting wood on Foster Gulch and South Rockerville Road?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    cass523, StarEyes and PommyMommy like this.
  10. Stunned

Stunned Your past explains you, It does not excuse you

Well, if she didn’t have RAD before placement, she certainly had it after placement. But, RAD is apperant in children as young as one and younger. They simply don’t know who to trust.

11. SkipperKey3

Yes, it was the cadaver dogs, on the last day they searched, I think.

cass523, jewelsmac, AnnaGrace and 6 others like this.
  12. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

The couple cutting wood didn't see Serenity. They spoke with one of the staff members the day Serenity disappeared. LE later located and spoke with them in an effort to narrow down the timeline.
    MOO

13. SkipperKey3

I don't think it was anywhere close, but I'm not sure. The dogs showed interest around the creek that actually runs through the Home property. Foster Gulch isn't that close to the home, I don't think. On the map, Foster Gulch is several miles away. So I don't think the two are connected.

watcher9, Ms Suzanne, misgrn and 4 others like this.
  14. SkipperKey3

Yes, I think they got too much snow with this storm. The good news is that has passed on, and the forecast for the next week is plenty of sunshine and a warming trend, getting into the 50s by midweek. A week of sunshine with warming temperatures should help a lot and perhaps let them get some serious searching done on the 24th. They just need to be extremely careful. And I hope LE is involved as well.

15. MsGazette

MsGazette Just call me Ms G

I almost feel like someone needs to take an approach like Molly Tibbett’s dad did. He kept saying that someone had her and now they are way over his/her head. He reassured them it is okay to let her come home. I can imagine if you are aiding a minor and now they have billboards with her picture, the person would be scared to tell anyone. Just some thoughts...IMO.

16. human

human Well-Known Member

RAD happens because infants do not get their needs met. Their cries are not answered. It is a developmental stage.

You cannot get RAD later on in life.

Attachment happens in infancy

17. misgrn

misgrn Well-Known Member

I saw this was answered by others but my understanding is the scent at the cattle guard was a live scent alert and determined to be Serenity. The lady dropping off someone at BHCH reportedly saw Serenity near that cattle guard. I realize RR, bio-mom's interview said she was seen on the road.

The scent at the creek was alerted by a cadaver dog and determined not to be related to Serenity.

cass523, PommyMommy, flashy09 and 5 others like this.
  18. mrbeansmom

mrbeansmom Well-Known Member

Actually, it can develop anytime during the first five years. There are instances of children developing RAD after lengthy hospital stays in older children.

Vern, byo, Catmammy and 7 others like this.
  19. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

It is against Terms of Service to post a fundraising link on Websleuths.

Thank you

byo, Caylee Advocate, cass523 and 4 others like this.
  20. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

One of my concerns is that she did in fact double back, and hid someplace nearby where she thought she'd be warm, and either wasn't as warm as she thought, or got stuck, or something, and was overlooked in the searching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.