Search Warrants for MR's house and vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bender announced that the home on CR 500 in Vallecito was being searched by about 15 members of the Dylan Redwine Task Force, consisting of La Plata County sheriff's deputies, and agents from the FBI and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...edwines-father-does-not-call-father-a-suspect

In his home, still jumbled from a 12-hour search by investigators several days ago, Mark is having a harder time holding on to that hope.

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/ci_22110078/dad-its-wait-wonder

Wow. Took me a while to read the entire thread again. There are two things that seem like clues to me at this point. The most interesting (to me) being the hoodie. It is so clearly described and it state flatly that it is one of the last things Dylan was seen in. LE stated in one news article that they are certain Dylan made it to the house. I've always thought that they would not make a statement that Dylan made it to the house based on a text or random piece of clothing left about. Too easy for someone to text or plant. I think someone witnessed Dylan entering the house or someone's security cam caught Dylan entering the house. Was he in that hoodie? The other thing is the charger. Why was that included in the search warrant? I don't know.

LE searched MR's home immediately after DR was missing, and MR let them take items at that time. Those items would not have been on the list of seized property during the search made with the search warrant.

I don't know that MR was chopping wood. There was a pile of wood at his home, but he may have bought it, had tree work done, etc.

LE was at that house a long time doing that search

Morning till 9pm...

wonder if that list of items seized that we saw is a complete list :twocents::twocents:

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...ors-searching-house-of-Dylan-Redwine’s-father

http://www.kjct8.com/news/Investiga...-boy/-/163152/17609894/-/yrl3duz/-/index.html

They must not have found anything to incriminate Mark in any way for any thing or he would had been arrested.

BBM
Do we know that for a fact that they haven't found anything to incriminate Mark in any way? Is there a possibility that they may have something but it may not be enough to "arrest"? Is it possible that they are looking for a body before an arrest? Is it possible that they think DR is alive BUT that MR has him squirreled away somewhere therefore there wouldn't necessarily be anything to arrest him for at this point until they figure out where he may be?

Even if they have absolutely nada "evidence" as a result of the search of his home, one has to remember that the "more thorough" search of his home was November, 28, 2011. Four months later, 3-21-13 Sheriff's Press Release, it clearly states: Mark's actions/interactions Sunday and Monday still remain under investigation? That in itself is pretty telling. IMO MOO, regardless of what the search may have turned up...

3-21-13
Sheriff's Press Release
Mark’s and Dylan’s interactions and activities within the community on November 18th and 19th, as well as tips related to persons, locations and sightings remain under investigation.

LE searched MR's home immediately after DR was missing, and MR let them take items at that time. Those items would not have been on the list of seized property during the search made with the search warrant.

I don't remember Mark saying they took anything at all on the first walk-through search.

They must not have found anything to incriminate Mark in any way for any thing or he would had been arrested.

It takes more than just a few incriminating things to be arrested. especially if there is no proof that D is not hiding out somewhere on his own.

Wow. Took me a while to read the entire thread again. There are two things that seem like clues to me at this point. The most interesting (to me) being the hoodie. It is so clearly described and it state flatly that it is one of the last things Dylan was seen in. LE stated in one news article that they are certain Dylan made it to the house. I've always thought that they would not make a statement that Dylan made it to the house based on a text or random piece of clothing left about. Too easy for someone to text or plant. I think someone witnessed Dylan entering the house or someone's security cam caught Dylan entering the house. Was he in that hoodie? The other thing is the charger. Why was that included in the search warrant? I don't know.
I don't have a link, although I am searching for one. Way back when, it was reported that Elaine said she had packed a hoodie, so I assume that is the one they are referring to. It might be the only thing she knows for sure she sent with him. Do not take this as gospel until I can find the link.

As to the charger, if it is not at his CS home, the assumption would be that he must have taken it with him to Bayfield. Finding the charger at Mark's home would prove there was one there, and the theory that Dylan could not contact anyone because of dead electronics goes out the window.

I don't have a link, although I am searching for one. Way back when, it was reported that Elaine said she had packed a hoodie, so I assume that is the one they are referring to. It might be the only thing she knows for sure she sent with him. Do not take this as gospel until I can find the link.

As to the charger, if it is not at his CS home, the assumption would be that he must have taken it with him to Bayfield. Finding the charger at the home would prove there was one there, and the theory that Dylan could not contact anyone because of dead electronics goes out the window.

This may help a bit. (Still looking for the hoodie piece - not sure I remember hearing ER say that, but will keep looking)

NANCY GRACE: OK, so that`s normal. What about the cell phone and the backpack and other belongings?

REDWINE: It was my understanding from his dad that everything Dylan had was in his backpack including his cell phone, his iPod, his iPod charger, his cell phone charger, all of his clothes. So we had to actually make a trip to get some of Dylan`s clothes from where we live in Colorado Springs because it was my understanding there were no clothes at his dad`s house.

GRACE: At the home.

Ellie, what did you learn?

JOSTAD: Well, Nancy, there are some reports that there was some clothing left behind. But, you know, Elaine points out something that we`d asked about. We knew that they did have to go fetch more clothing in Colorado Springs for those scent dogs. So it would make more sense that everything was gone with Dylan.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html

The search for missing Colorado DR continues, with cold weather coming the latest concern is if he’s still out there can he survive. Tonight in LaPlata County temps will dip down to 12 degrees. MR father of DR is asking himself not only where is my son but what was he last seen wearing?

MR: “I mean, you know, one of the questions I’ve asked him is did he have a coat but he told me, no, he didn’t have a coat.”

Dylan who vanished 3 weeks ago may just be wearing a hoodie –

MR: “A hoodie is not going to keep him very warm, I wouldn’t think.
Not in these kinds of conditions.”

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico...7714292/-/11uwpygz/-/index.html?absolute=true

When he got back at 11:30, his son's dirty cereal bowl was beside the sink. The television was on Nickelodeon. His son's fishing pole was gone. So was his black-and-gray backpack. A few articles of clothing were left behind on the couch.

"His priority was pretty much with his friends, so I wasn't alarmed," Mark said.

NOTE: Not sure what the "few articles of clothing" were that were reportedly left behind...

March 19,2013
Press Release

~snip
Investigators are reviewing recent information including tips, interviews, and reports generated since last November, seeking links that may be helpful as they plan and conduct future searches and interviews, and determine additional evidence analysis needs.

BBM

Perhaps tests and/or analyses on any evidence, are not yet complete.

JMO:twocents::twocents:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9070558&postcount=76"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #46[/ame]

Can't find anything about ER saying anything about a hoodie.

Time for a break and a cuppa (_)?

BBIAB

When he got back at 11:30, his son's dirty cereal bowl was beside the sink. The television was on Nickelodeon. His son's fishing pole was gone. So was his black-and-gray backpack. A few articles of clothing were left behind on the couch.

"His priority was pretty much with his friends, so I wasn't alarmed," Mark said.

NOTE: Not sure what the "few articles of clothing" were that were reportedly left behind...
There were the Med size 8-10 sweatpants, but that sounds like sweats from when Dylan was little (at least the med sweats my son had were 8-10). But I suppose they could have been a woman's med (8-10), too. I'm thinking that the "articles of clothing on the couch" were not Dylan's current clothing, if his at all. But just MO.

As to the charger, if it is not at his CS home, the assumption would be that he must have taken it with him to Bayfield. Finding the charger at Mark's home would prove there was one there, and the theory that Dylan could not contact anyone because of dead electronics goes out the window.

What is bothering me is the BBM wording in the search warrant:

"Evidence sought: Dylan Redwine, last clothing seen on Dylan Redwine to include black hooded sweatshirt with green "monster" drink tear marks insignia on left side." Who saw that clothing? Who told LE about it? MR? Did Dylan put it on as it got colder? If MR did inform LE about the jacket, why isn't it listed on the missing poster? It is almost as though LE was informed by someone else who saw Dylan.

There were the Med size 8-10 sweatpants, but that sounds like sweats from when Dylan was little (at least the med sweats my son had were 8-10). But I suppose they could have been a woman's med (8-10), too. I'm thinking that the "articles of clothing on the couch" were not Dylan's current clothing, if his at all. But just MO.

Maybe they were his ex-girlfriends or current girlfriends? I know the ex said she was there visiting for a week once while Dylan was there... or they were D's when he was younger. Sounds too small for a 13 year old but hey... what do I know...

"Evidence sought: Dylan Redwine, last clothing seen on Dylan Redwine to include black hooded sweatshirt with green "monster" drink tear marks insignia on left side." Who saw that clothing? Who told LE about it? MR? Did Dylan put it on as it got colder? If MR did inform LE about the jacket, why isn't it listed on the missing poster? It is almost as though LE was informed by someone else who saw Dylan.

Maybe MR looked in the backpack and saw it? He said there wasn't much in there...

Let me go back through my notes to see if I can find anything about the black sweatshirt (instead of looking for hoodie).

I don't disagree.

And I state here and now that I found my link, and I can't use it here, so please disregard my statement about Elaine saying she packed a hoodie. (I don't want to delete since it has been quoted) My apologies.

I do want to say that it is possible (MOO) that the hoodie in question is one that Elaine knows is missing from the CS house. It is also possible that it might be one Dylan borrowed from his brother. (since he seems to borrow iPods) It is my opinion that it is not one that Mark purchased for Dylan, or he would have mentioned it.

Thank you, TxJan1971 for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member