Searching for Anna - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not Molly... maybe "May"... I have a notebook and its tough to say with this screen.

I did look at all the photos at the site. There was one with girls at the Rodeo that was a close up and quite frankly there were so many children there it could have been any of them....

PonderingThings said:
The Child's name is Molly - or at least that's what's on the bib of her coveralls.

The whole deal with the "commune" experience is that people don't own things. Everything that one person had belonged to the group.
I would expect that the kids clothes were probably passed from one to the other, and that they didn't own their own clothing.

Again quite possible Mysteriew. One of the photos shows a large bin and it is noted that this was a laundry bin. Its hard to believe all the laundry would be put in such a big bin, washed, dried, and then returned to its "rightful" owner.

Therefore you may be right...

Or... it is also possible it was a outfit that the new person had...

I don't know if any of the information would be pertinent, but there is a lot of information re Synanon being posted on the Rose Cole thread right now. Rose was actually sent to Synanon in 1972 by a Michigan Judge for drug problems. Rose was 15 when sent there and has never been seen again. There are some emails that are being copied from Synanon from a contact we have... and it's possible Anna's picture could be shown to this contact (a former Syanon child member) to see if she might recognize her. I've read the biography of one person there and can tell you after seeing the above picture that what is shown there is accurate. The older girls (10-12) cared for the younger girls (2-6)... it was their weekly assignment. They groomed them, did their laundry, etc. If there's any way we can help, please let us know.

If it is ok with Dr. Doogie and Annasmom, I think it would be a good idea. Though without a name attached, because if she was there, she could have gone by a different name.

Kelly said:
Hello all,

I was very pleased to see a subforum dedicated to Anna's story.

I just wanted to remind Anna's mom and let the rest of you know that Anna is on Project Jason's current 18 Wheel Angel campaign. A special poster has been made for her and can be downloaded and printed for placement. More information about the program, and the link for the poster can be found here: http://www.projectjason.org/18wheel.html

Anna's mom, if it's inconvenient for you to find these local to you, we will be happy to mail you several copies. Let me know via email.

We hope this helps in the search for Anna.

Regards,
Kelly, we are presently stranded here and would appreciate your mailing the copies.

PonderingThings said:
WOW WOW WOW I can hardly wait to hear what Anna's Mom thinks of this comparison. Personally I'm in awe!
That seems like a really strong resemblance. Any idea what year that photograph might have been taken? It would have to be 1973 or at the latest 1974 to match the age Anna would have been. Amazing.

mysteriew said:
If it is ok with Dr. Doogie and Annasmom, I think it would be a good idea. Though without a name attached, because if she was there, she could have gone by a different name.
Certainly it's fine with us!

Annasmom said:
That seems like a really strong resemblance. Any idea what year that photograph might have been taken? It would have to be 1973 or at the latest 1974 to match the age Anna would have been. Amazing.
"around 1974"

Annasmom said:
The picture was taken in 1974

Shadow, if you want to, email Christine a picture of Anna around the time she was abducted, and she can show it to her contact at Synanon. Maybe someone will recognize her.

HeartofTexas said:
Shadow, if you want to, email Christine a picture of Anna around the time she was abducted, and she can show it to her contact at Synanon. Maybe someone will recognize her.

I pm'd Christine and asked if she would be willing to do it and gave her the link to the picture. She seems to be offline however, so if anyone has her email address, they might want to email her.

i think the resemblance of both pictures look alike. after people posting on here about synanon i think its a possiblity i mean brody must have known about this cult type place figured she would never be found. hence the way synanon ran things but trying to get info from those people is going to be hard

I emailed the picture to Christine.

mysteriew said:
I pm'd Christine and asked if she would be willing to do it and gave her the link to the picture. She seems to be offline however, so if anyone has her email address, they might want to email her.

Shadow205 said:
I emailed the picture to Christine.
I have been loosely following the thread on Rose Cole, but refresh my memory: Who is Christine? Is this a woman involved in Synanon during the early-to-mid 1970's?

Dr. Doogie said:
He was lobbying a Dr. Richard Shore with the Bureau of Alcoholism, 101 Grove Street, SF, CA. It appears that this is a city agency, not a private organization that may have ties to Synanon. The letter is dated August 6, 1970.
This is what got me looking at the Synanon site(which I have become all to familiar with while looking for Rose). in reference to Anna. I think that there is a very good possibility that they had ties to Synanon. He could easlily have taken Anna there where she would have been raised possibly under another name. From what I have read, changing names there was not uncommon.

Dr. Doogie said:
I have been loosely following the thread on Rose Cole, but refresh my memory: Who is Christine? Is this a woman involved in Synanon during the early-to-mid 1970's?
Christine is a WS member, been here a while. She is in email contact with some of the ex Synanon members about Rose.

I have not yet found anything linking either Waters or Brody to Synanon, but I have only reviewed maybe 25% of the contents of the Box from Hell. There may be something in there that could provide the missing link.

Without the link, I at first assumed that the young girl in the Synanon picture was merely a look-alike that was not related. However, the box does clearly state "Christian" and it appears that she could have just removed her shoes from that box when the picture was taken. That makes this picture of much more interest to me. I await what information Christine has from her source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53