Searching for Anna - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
have babe on lap at the mo but later will try other countries or has this already been done ? x

I am trying to post the pic Suzanne posted along with the age progressed pics on the Doe Network but I am having problems. I put them on a MS Word doc to enlarge the UK Anna but I cant save it as a pic that way. I am frustrated and dont feel like reading forum finesse at this very moment and as if Doogie doesnt have enough to do I went whining to him (via email) for help.

Does anyone know how to do this??

itsreenw said:
...and as if Doogie doesnt have enough to do I went whining to him (via email) for help...

Ya' got me stumped on that one.

:laugh: :boohoo:

Dr. Doogie said:
Ya' got me stumped on that one.

:laugh: :boohoo:
LOL at the smilies. There's gotta be an easier way!! I know..

Ok guys & gals, I enlarged the pic that Suzanne posted here and put it side by side with the age progression pics. The picture is blurry but you can somewhat make out the facial features. The nose and forehead area look similar. I cant really see the cheek bones or jawline. Smile is iffy. If anyone wants to see it, PM me with your email addy and I will send it to you.

Doogie, stop laughin at me :slap: LOL

itsreenw said:
I am trying to post the pic Suzanne posted along with the age progressed pics on the Doe Network but I am having problems. I put them on a MS Word doc to enlarge the UK Anna but I cant save it as a pic that way. I am frustrated and dont feel like reading forum finesse at this very moment and as if Doogie doesnt have enough to do I went whining to him (via email) for help.

Does anyone know how to do this??
itsreenw, email me the pics and I will post them for you :)

christinejones@numail.org

suzannej said:
Hi to you all Im suzanne from England and Ive been following the threads ever since I came across Annas picture .Im in total astonishment on all the work you guys do and how clever you all are.
I pray with all my heart Annas mum that you will be reunited with your darling daughter .You are so special.
If you want me to help distribute your books here in the uk just shout .I live in the southeast but can get some up to london if you wish .
Take care Sue x
Suzanne, welcome! It's really great to have someone pulling for us over there. My husband taught music in England 22 years, and his best friend lives in Chichester. The information from the sites which you copied is fascinating. Whoever would have thought there would be so many Anna Waterses in the world?

Just to reiterate a "loose" standard that I have been using in evaluating which woman to investigate as possibly being Anna, I generally look for at least two factors from the following list:

1. The name "Anna Waters"
2. Approximately the right age
3. Resembles the age progression
4. A verifiable link to some aspect of the case (such as a member of the Kukoda family)
5. Listed as an adoptee or indicates a suspicion of being abducted

The woman in England is named Anna Waters and seems to resemble the age progression (as best as we can see the small picture of her from the web), so she is worthy of examination. I have received some suggestions of possible matches that only have one known match to the above criteria (such as someone coming across a woman who resembles the age progression) without any other matching factors. Since our "pool" of potential matches represents 50% of the human race, we are bound to come across unnumerable women who are dead ringers for Anna and yet are not her. To narrow the search, I think if we stick with this protocol, it will help keep us focused.

Dr. Doogie said:
3. Resembles the age progression
I have recently had a few communications via email with a Coroner who is in a county of a Jane Doe who we thought might be a match for Rose Cole. This coroner spent a bit of time explaining to me about how the rule in/out possible matches.....gave me some good advice when doing research on UID's.....he said never use an age progressed picture or any photo for that matter for your comparison, they are rarely accurate . Even real photos he said, he has had numerous cases where a family member identified by photo and they were wrong. Just a thought, FWIW.

Here is another bit if info...I found interesting that he wrote me

Perhaps I should describe for you the process of identifying a person who is either unable (through unconsciousness, psychosis, or death) or unwilling (through intentional misleading) to identify themselves; Fingerprints, Dental records (X-rays), DNA, or possibly a smiling photograph (showing teeth). For 99% of the population one of these four ways must be used.

Christine,

What you said about the age progressed photos is something I often wonder about. I would love to see a case where we could look at a childs picture and compare it to an age progressed one along with what they actually look like. I have never seen a case where this was possible. I know in some families, family traits are very strong. For example, my youngest daughter is a dead ringer for me. She looks like my clone. Our baby pics right up through early childhood she looked just like me. My oldest daughter looked nothing like my baby and early childhood pics. I also know of one case where age prgressed pictures were done evidently by 2 different sources and they look nothing alike.:confused:

What would be an interesting experiment is to do an age-progression on somebody who is not missing - in otherwords, give the artist pictures of me at five years old, and pictures of my parents and siblings at 48 years old. Let them do a progression, then compare it to what I actually look like and see how close they came.

Dr. Doogie said:
What would be an interesting experiment is to do an age-progression on somebody who is not missing - in otherwords, give the artist pictures of me at five years old, and pictures of my parents and siblings at 48 years old. Let them do a progression, then compare it to what I actually look like and see how close they came.
Yes, that would be very interesting. I really don't think I put a lot of faith in the age progressed photo's. So many things could vary that can't be known when doing them. For instance weight, if a person becomes obese their looks could be entirely different. Glasses or no glasses, hair color & style. There are just to many things that can't be known. I'm not saying that I am against the age progressed photo's, I do think that they need to be done in all missing children cases we just need to keep a real open mind when looking at a comparason.

christine2448 said:
itsreenw, email me the pics and I will post them for you :)

christinejones@numail.org
Oh Christine, I love you:blowkiss: You have NO idea of how Photoshop illiterate I am!! I have to wait til I can get back on the desktop because the pics are saved there.

itsreenw said:
Oh Christine, I love you:blowkiss: You have NO idea of how Photoshop illiterate I am!! I have to wait til I can get back on the desktop because the pics are saved there.
I have not yet rec'd them on my work email ....

I am now at home, send them to home christine2448@charter.net I will be in and out this morning but can have them posted some time day as I'm passing through the house ;)

christine2448 said:
I have not yet rec'd them on my work email ....

I am now at home, send them to home christine2448@charter.net I will be in and out this morning but can have them posted some time day as I'm passing through the house ;)
Christine, you should have them. Let me know if you didn't get 'em.

Doogie, trying to PM you. Your box is full.

The first courses at the new National Cold Case Center at the University of New Haven are due to start in January. Although they do not take case suggestions from individuals, I have written to their director, Dr. Albert Harper, to bring Anna's case to his attention at least. Thanks for telling me about this, Sherlock.

Annasmom said:
The first courses at the new National Cold Case Center at the University of New Haven are due to start in January. Although they do not take case suggestions from individuals, I have written to their director, Dr. Albert Harper, to bring Anna's case to his attention at least. Thanks for telling me about this, Sherlock.
Sometimes a bug in the ear is a good thing!

itsreenw said:
Christine, you should have them. Let me know if you didn't get 'em.

Doogie, trying to PM you. Your box is full.
OK..gottem done....I can't email till I get home, don't have your address at work...if you need them before tonight, email me at work christinejones@numail.org and I'll send the layovers to ya :)

OR, should I just post up here? Not sure you wanted me to do that?

ETA-mailed last night, did you get them??

I have a question concerning the logistics of obtaining a birth certificate in the early-to-mid 1970's.

In most cases, a child is born in a hospital and they handle the paperwork concerning a birth certificate. However, a girl that is Anna's age would have been born at the apex of the hippie generation and numerous births occured outside the usual hospital scenario (such as at-home or in a commune). Due to the desire by many young people to "drop-out" of mainstream society, it is probable that many children did not obtain certificates at birth. However, as the children reached school age and the parents decided that maybe they should send their children to school, they must have needed to "re-enter" society and have an "after-the-fact" birth certificate issued. It would seem that such certificates would lack many of the usual information that BC's contain and would have to be issued on faith that the info provided was accurate.

Could this be a simple explaination of how a birth certificate may have been obtained for Anna by her abductors? Is anyone familiar with this process and are my assumptions feasible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonderPony