Searching For Anna - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bumping. I think this post got lost in the middle of the Kukoda genealogical research.
What a delightful idea. She was very, very young (I usually start piano students at about age seven, when they can read), but she did like to pick out notes on the piano and she was always involved in the constant music-making. She acted as a cymbal stand for her brother once, holding the cymbal on her finger.

I am new to Anna's forum and am still reading the archives but have a question. With the possibility that Anna may be suffering from a mental illness, has anyone thought to circulate the poster to mental health facilities?

I am currently in a therapy program in what I would describe as an "open" facility, i.e., not a hospital but where patients just come during the day. The amount of patients that cycle in and out of these programs is tremendous. And all kinds of things are treated there, from depression to addiction to other more severe things. And the therapists are trained to really look at all the patients.

It's a good idea, but in view of the number of mental health facilities nationwide and our lack of a budget for circulating posters, we just have to rely on the organizations which have offered to circulate them for us. I think it is really courageous of you to offer this personal information, and I send you my best wishes. I was thinking that if you have that dream again, you might see if the "you" in the dream can open the black envelope and see if there's anything inside.

It's a good idea, but in view of the number of mental health facilities nationwide and our lack of a budget for circulating posters, we just have to rely on the organizations which have offered to circulate them for us. I think it is really courageous of you to offer this personal information, and I send you my best wishes. I was thinking that if you have that dream again, you might see if the "you" in the dream can open the black envelope and see if there's anything inside.

Very good idea.

Doogie suggested we contact our representative in Congress to see if they could bypass the Passport Office's refusal to give us any information about whether a passport was ever issued to Anna. They cited privacy laws as the reason, but Doogie said (and I agree) that that is ridiculous, under the circumstances. He has spoken with the Congresswoman's aide and I am sending off a privacy release form which they sent him. Hopefully, they will be able to do something about this roadblock.

Doogie suggested we contact our representative in Congress to see if they could bypass the Passport Office's refusal to give us any information about whether a passport was ever issued to Anna. They cited privacy laws as the reason, but Doogie said (and I agree) that that is ridiculous, under the circumstances. He has spoken with the Congresswoman's aide and I am sending off a privacy release form which they sent him. Hopefully, they will be able to do something about this roadblock.

Good idea. I hope that works the same way the letter from LE on LE letterhead would. I'll admit I'm frustrated LE won't take the 10 minutes to compose and type a letter and send it off. It also got me wondering if a letter from NCMEC with their letterhead might work. It's obviously a legitimate open case.

Good luck! Anna is never far from our minds and hearts.

A staff member from our local Congresswoman's office just called and asked for more information on Anna's case. She says she will call the District Attorney and then the Passport Office to see if she can learn why we have not been able to learn whether Anna was ever issued a passport. Thank you, Doogie, for this good idea.

Awesome, looking forward to the reply Annasmom.

Also, may have been discussed, tho only 5 yrs. old, do you recall if Anna knew her birthdate?

Awesome, looking forward to the reply Annasmom.

Also, may have been discussed, tho only 5 yrs. old, do you recall if Anna knew her birthdate?

I'm sure she knew how old she was, but not that sure she knew her birthdate.

A staff member from our local Congresswoman's office just called and asked for more information on Anna's case. She says she will call the District Attorney and then the Passport Office to see if she can learn why we have not been able to learn whether Anna was ever issued a passport. Thank you, Doogie, for this good idea.

Great news, Annasmom. No barrier is too strong to withstand the power of a righteous cause.

Hello and Happy Holidays! I know this has been discussed before, but not sure if it has ever been done. Has there been a sketch created of the woman in the car who tried to lure Anna in one month before she disappeared?

No drawing of the woman has been done. Remember that she was only seen for a very short time thirty-six years ago. Annasbro did say that the picture of a missing woman from LA that was part of a hypothesis concerning "Mystery Woman C" was an exact match (as best as he can remember). This picture was never published here (I don't believe) because of the pure speculative nature of it.

BTW, to the person who emailed me asking about the TWA records archive:

It is at the Mercantile Library in St. Louis, MO. (Sorry, it took awhile to refind that info and I had lost the original email by the time I found the answer.)

Anna's family and friends wish all you wonderful WebSleuthers a joyful Christmas and a New Year filled with hope.

Attachments

• ACW Xmas Tree.jpg
    ACW Xmas Tree.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 54
BTW, to the person who emailed me asking about the TWA records archive:

It is at the Mercantile Library in St. Louis, MO. (Sorry, it took awhile to refind that info and I had lost the original email by the time I found the answer.)

Thank you Dr. Doogie, I couldn't recall the name of the library. May you have a wonderful Christmas!

Nancy

Anna's family and friends wish all you wonderful WebSleuthers a joyful Christmas and a New Year filled with hope.

Thank you Annasmom, Anna's card is precious!
Wishing everyone a happy and safe holiday, I am travelling north for a week, will be thinking of you all.

Hugs, Nancy

My best wishes of Merry Christmas and new 2009 of peace and love; hoping Anna's search success in 2009!
All the best,
raf

Merry Christmas everyone.
Merry Christmas Anna. I pray 2009 is the year we find you! We won't stop looking until we do. Wherever you are tonight, I wish you a very merry Christmas.

Cubby & J'

I received an email today from Detective Jim Gilletti that he was still assigned to Anna's case though he is no longer working with the Missing Persons Department. This is good news because he is familiar with the case and is a good guy who seems to care.

He also stated that he had received a letter from Annasmom's congresswoman's office and was working to obtain Anna's passport records. Between his requesting the info and the the congresswoman applying gentle pressure on the State Department, hopefully we will obtain the records that we seek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa