Searching for Anna - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The adoption theory is a good one, and I too, believe that she was probably taken alive and either raised by someone else or adopted out. Regarding the theory that GW and GB took her and then adopted her out, do you know why exactly they would do that? Meaning, if GW had not had contact with Anna for such a long time, what would the point be to take her? Elimination of child support? To punish Annasmom? I believe that if they did take her, understanding the reason may help us figure out what they did with her.

Thank you, SideKick, for posting the picture. Unfortunately, I would say that without some new clue we'd not be able to get LE to do anything. And you would not believe the tangled knot which is still the Greek bureaucracy. I wouldn't know where to begin. We did have one contact in Greece who was dealing with adoptions, but we haven't heard from her in a very long time. Anne, a visa was never required for a U.S. citizen to visit Greece. These are all great ideas, but once again we just come up against a brick wall when it comes to implementing them.

~ Annasmom,

What was the name of the town/city Dr. Waters had communication with?

Anna's case is still open, I don't understand why LE could not contact the Borders Authority in Greece to find out if Dr. Waters and young female child landed in their country. Who can we contact...anyone?

SK

~ Annasmom,

What was the name of the town/city Dr. Waters had communication with?

Anna's case is still open, I don't understand why LE could not contact the Borders Authority in Greece to find out if Dr. Waters and young female child landed in their country. Who can we contact...anyone?

SK

Can anyone living on the west coast ring the Greek Consulate and ask them which procedure we should take regarding.. 1. a possible illegal adoption 2. find out if Dr. Waters and Anna flew to Greece in 1973 explaining this is a missing person's case?

Consulate of Greece in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
upgrade my listing (310) 826-5555
services: Consulates Embassies

Can anyone living on the west coast ring the Greek Consulate and ask them which procedure we should take regarding.. 1. a possible illegal adoption 2. find out if Dr. Waters and Anna flew to Greece in 1973 explaining this is a missing person's case?

Consulate of Greece in Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
upgrade my listing (310) 826-5555
services: Consulates Embassies

There is a Greek consulate in San Francisco. The problem is that we know no passport was issued to Anna in her own name between 1973 and the present, and her name was not on GW's last passport application, which it would have to be. So I don't know where this leaves us.

There is a Greek consulate in San Francisco. The problem is that we know no passport was issued to Anna in her own name between 1973 and the present, and her name was not on GW's last passport application, which it would have to be. So I don't know where this leaves us.

~ well, i am no expert, but perhaps this tells us that Anna wasn't taken out of North America. I'm hoping at least.

I have a few questions:

Did Waters have any long distant cousins or relatives living in the USA at this time, perhaps anyone whom he didn't have alot of communication with but did chat from time to time? When you were living with him?

Annasmom, do you recall if G. Waters had any acquaintances he would have trusted Anna with (as a family). I understand there were no strange phone calls after Anna vanished, nothing you can put your finger on anyway.

Any connections at all with Canada that you knew about?

Do you recall any nurses or other Dr.'s he spoke of while working the Mission?

Sorry for so many questions, but I'm trying to eliminate possibilities.

Love, SKick xox

~ well, i am no expert, but perhaps this tells us that Anna wasn't taken out of North America. I'm hoping at least.
I have a few questions:
Did Waters have any long distant cousins or relatives living in the USA at this time, perhaps anyone whom he didn't have alot of communication with but did chat from time to time? When you were living with him?
Annasmom, do you recall if G. Waters had any acquaintances he would have trusted Anna with (as a family). I understand there were no strange phone calls after Anna vanished, nothing you can put your finger on anyway.
Any connections at all with Canada that you knew about?
Do you recall any nurses or other Dr.'s he spoke of while working the Mission?
Sorry for so many questions, but I'm trying to eliminate possibilities.
Love, SKick xox

I am in touch with all the surviving family members; there were no cousins. He broke off relations with all our friends and attempted to make me do the same, and I was not in touch with him at all for four years after he left home except for the support checks. I know of no connection with Canada (though there was the possibility he contacted someone when he was attempting to get Conscientious Objector status); Mexico is a better possibility, since at that time no passports were required and it is adjacent to California. I still think our best leads are the people with whom GW had long telephone conversations around the time of GB's death, especially the woman in Pacifica who did those procedures on both of them and who apparently knew them under assumed names.

I am in touch with all the surviving family members; there were no cousins. He broke off relations with all our friends and attempted to make me do the same, and I was not in touch with him at all for four years after he left home except for the support checks. I know of no connection with Canada (though there was the possibility he contacted someone when he was attempting to get Conscientious Objector status); Mexico is a better possibility, since at that time no passports were required and it is adjacent to California. I still think our best leads are the people with whom GW had long telephone conversations around the time of GB's death, especially the woman in Pacifica who did those procedures on both of them and who apparently knew them under assumed names.

Thank you Annasmom, I'll reread the forum on that woman in Pacifica. xoxo

Thank you Annasmom, I'll reread the forum on that woman in Pacifica. xoxo
Dear SK, I try not to be superstitious, but I always notice when 4:44 comes up, since that's the exact time Anna was born. Your post was marked 4:44.(!)

Dear SK, I try not to be superstitious, but I always notice when 4:44 comes up, since that's the exact time Anna was born. Your post was marked 4:44.(!)

Oh My Goodness Annasmom! I am the same as you about the superstitious thing. Yes, I'm really trying to connect to Anna!! :) Maybe, tho again, not totally sold on superstition, this post about the woman in Pacifica has meaning and it's Anna's way of letting us know. :dance:

Hugs SK

It has gone so quiet on here. Is anyone working on something in the background???? If so, let us know.

I haven't given up either - I just at a loss for ideas right now. Something will come up.

I ditto Doogie's post.

I did pass along a possible contact to Doogie for someone we have been looking for a photo of to determine if she resembles Anna or not. I've been looking for two years. We found one contact awhile back but that didn't get us any info to make a determination. We'll see if this does or not. This person has a Kukoda relative, but I don't want to share more at this time to respect her privacy.

ETA: This is a different person, than the Kukoda family member that Doogie ruled out in another thread.

I ditto Doogie's post.

I did pass along a possible contact to Doogie for someone we have been looking for a photo of to determine if she resembles Anna or not. I've been looking for two years. We found one contact awhile back but that didn't get us any info to make a determination. We'll see if this does or not. This person has a Kukoda relative, but I don't want to share more at this time to respect her privacy.

ETA: This is a different person, than the Kukoda family member that Doogie ruled out in another thread.

Hi Cubby,

Is there anything I can help with. Do you need any research done on Ancestry or Footnote? PM me if you do.

What is footnote?

Thank you for the offer Ozziemum, if I can think of anything I will most definately let you know. What I can share without divulging personal information, is this person is pretty much off the radar. Not online anywhere that I can find and almost all of her associates have very common surnames names which would be incredibly difficult to research without additional information. Two associates we have found have uncommon surnames. One we contacted was unable to provide information to make the determination to rule this person out. The other, we have recently found a contact for will have more knowledge of this gal's personal info regarding the details of her life which can answer for us if she can be ruled in or out as Anna. I can only pray he will be willing to work with Doogie to answer his questions. If not, I will keep looking, but this contact, imo, is the best of the two we have found to answer the questions we would have to determine if she is possibly Anna.

What is footnote?

Thank you for the offer Ozziemum, if I can think of anything I will most definately let you know. What I can share without divulging personal information, is this person is pretty much off the radar. Not online anywhere that I can find and almost all of her associates have very common surnames names which would be incredibly difficult to research without additional information. Two associates we have found have uncommon surnames. One we contacted was unable to provide information to make the determination to rule this person out. The other, we have recently found a contact for will have more knowledge of this gal's personal info regarding the details of her life which can answer for us if she can be ruled in or out as Anna. I can only pray he will be willing to work with Doogie to answer his questions. If not, I will keep looking, but this contact, imo, is the best of the two we have found to answer the questions we would have to determine if she is possibly Anna.

Hi Cubby,

Footnote has a lot of records on it. Google it and see if you think we might be able to research this person. You can see how many records there are on a person without a subscription but you can't look at the records. I have a subscription.

TY Ozziemum. Footnote appears to have older documentation. We would need more current for this gal, imo. Footnote might be a good avenue to work with raf on the genealogy end. Perhaps some of the old documents and news paper articles she found with regards to George Brody's identity or info could be compared to what is availabel on Footnote? maybe cross referencing both would lead to additional info or confirmation on unanswered questions regarding Brody.

Also, there are a few gone by the wayside leads which seem to never have been followed up on scattered throughout the forum. One of such, I recently bumped on the could this be Anna or possible matches for Anna thread. An adoptee with the first name Deanna. My guess, is those originally researching that avenue came to a dead end. Maybe fresh eyes to take another look would help.

Just more idea's.

When it comes to Anna, as a Cub fan after waiting 101 years now for a World Series win, patience and perseverence is inbred in us. Like following the Cubs, I am more than here for the long haul regarding Anna's case.

It has gone so quiet on here. Is anyone working on something in the background???? If so, let us know.

Hi Everyone,

I hope no one thought that I was implying that I was under the impression that everyone had given up on finding Anna. I was just wondering why it had gone so quiet and was trying to get some conversation started again.

I also wanted to know if anything was going on in the background, and Cubby was kind enough to PM me about what she has been working so hard on for such a long time. Thanks Cubby, you are an inspiration.

God bless to all

Hi, yes is quiet but no stationary... I am searching .... by best hope is to find who was GB... but without the real name is very hard... one thing is sure: George Brody was a false name; false totally. No doubts abt that...
I' m sure that he is the bad mind of all...
but who was GB really? because GW was manipulated, sure he made all GB asked, also abt Anna... and because GB seeming a man no much sociable, no many friends ( maybe nobody, only GW), and for that, maybe Anna was entrusted or adopted to some people that GB knew very well... and I believe that no many persons had contacts with GB... he lived as a mouse in the hotel... so by GB family circle we can know more... but we know not who was GB... really.... for that is necessary to find something... but no luck abt that... the 1940 census will be online in 2012... so much long waiting....
all the best,
raf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members