Season 2 Episode 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Watching Brendan's case is still heartbreaking, and I am not looking forward to seeing what we already know happens :(

Interesting things in this episode to me were the scent dogs tracking to the quarry and the red car that was "pushed" at the entrance at the conveyor belt road. Might explain the damage to the RAV4?

I watched really early this morning and I was tired lol So may have to go back and watch again later :)

i am so glad that the DNA expert finally said it into a camera: there is no such thing as "sweat-DNA"... seriously every time i hear sweat-DNA i'm thinking WTF.

so there is no sweat-DNA. blood, urin, semen, saliva - YES, lots of DNA. sweat - nada, niente.

The brain fingerprinting was interesting. I didn't know about that.

I got the impression that Zellner did that more or herself. What I mean is, she told him it was 100% accurate, that the FBI/CIA use it, and he was all for it. I'm sure the results are interesting, but I felt like she wanted to know for herself how he would test, and how he would react to being asked to do it. KZ did include this in the June 2017 filing, but I never did have time to go read more about it.

Apparently the technique has some support in legal circles.

Professor Jones said the technique has been admitted as evidence in a criminal case in the US state of Ohio, as well as in one case in India, but not yet in Australia or New Zealand.

"Dr Lawrence Farwell, who developed this, his claims of accuracy is that he's never faulted it," Professor Jones said.

"Of the 200 people he's seen and about 16 studies, it's never been faulted."

Professor Jones said it was still not clear if it was possible to defeat the tests by tricking the brain into forgetting or inventing memories.

"It is possible to inject fake memories, and we just don't know to what extent the brain finger-printing paradigm is quite robust relative to that."

But Professor Jones said more work needed to be done on the technique, and that he hoped his team's work in New Zealand would inspire other researchers to look into the method.

"There still needs to be more done in this space," he said.

'Brain finger-printing' could soon be used as evidence in Australian courts

Watching Brendan's case is still heartbreaking, and I am not looking forward to seeing what we already know happens :(

Interesting things in this episode to me were the scent dogs tracking to the quarry and the red car that was "pushed" at the entrance at the conveyor belt road. Might explain the damage to the RAV4?

I watched really early this morning and I was tired lol So may have to go back and watch again later :)

BBM

This was one of the striking things to me, to see graphically how much the scent dogs were focused on the Radant property (especially since I expect the handlers were supposed to be targeting the Avery property).

All the information about the damage to the RAV4 was also strong: it seems increasingly likely the tail light damage is related to the crime as there is no evidence this occurred before October 31st, 2005.

ep two
imo the cadaver dogs damaging to avery.

how convicted murderers have women falling over themselves to be involved with them, bad men whom they will never have a 'real' relationship with is disturbing.

jmo

ep two
imo the cadaver dogs damaging to avery.

how convicted murderers have women falling over themselves to be involved with them, bad men whom they will never have a 'real' relationship with is disturbing.

jmo

I think the scent dogs were sort of neutral for Avery. I was surprised at how much time they spent tracking Teresa's scent off of his property. I have read the dog handler reports, but seeing it actually mapped out it a whole 'nother thing. I don't see how the dogs are reliable AND tracking Halbach off of the Avery property while at the same time the prosecution's claims are true. Either the dogs are unreliable, or the prosecutions series of events is seriously wrong. Or both.

Kratz for some reason has attracted women as well. Dude was coercing women into having sex with him, threatening to influence the courts against them if they didn't have sex with him. That is just plain rape. He's pretty clearly a serial rapist and (and a real creeper in other ways) and gets women.

Hi @Saul Vesalot :p Nice to see you back!

Yeah. Thanks. It is nice to be back. Not too fond of the new website colors and layout, to be honest. My interests kinda shift with the winds. In a few weeks, I'll be reading about sand or espionage. Hah

I didn't realize MaM season 2 came out until yesterday, somehow even in TRUE CRIME MODE, I missed it. Just finishing up episode 4 now.

I think the scent dogs were sort of neutral for Avery. I was surprised at how much time they spent tracking Teresa's scent off of his property. I have read the dog handler reports, but seeing it actually mapped out it a whole 'nother thing. I don't see how the dogs are reliable AND tracking Halbach off of the Avery property while at the same time the prosecution's claims are true. Either the dogs are unreliable, or the prosecutions series of events is seriously wrong. Or both.

Kratz for some reason has attracted women as well. Dude was coercing women into having sex with him, threatening to influence the courts against them if they didn't have sex with him. That is just plain rape. He's pretty clearly a serial rapist and (and a real creeper in other ways) and gets women.
yes
one wonders how things could have rolled without the kratz appointnment.

edited to add.
don't think the avery circus would be rolling around the world like it is now if someone like Kelly seigler had of been at the helm.

Last edited:
It would be awesome if Siegler sent the cops back to the field saying "Stop this nonsense and bring me back some credible evidence!"

It bugs me that dogs are thought to be infallible when they do as law enforcement wants them to, and mistaken when they go off script. I suspect they are useful but imperfect - like a lot of other tools.

The heart wants what the heart wants. ;)

But it's clear to me that for Kratz making people do what they don't want to do is a big part of the thrill.

It would be interesting to see what sort of search terms are in his computer history...

I'm appalled at Kratz and what he thinks about his profession. I am so surprised that he has not been legally reprimanded/kicked out of the "lawyer club." I hate that he is making money from his book.

This episode is so important.

There should never be such interrogations like what happened to Brendan Dassey - it scares me that this goes on in the US. Shame on those officers. They didn't need the James E. Reed teachings/police academy/anything else to know that what they were doing was morally wrong and changed lives for the worse - like looking for the TRUTH!!!! Law enforcement officials have so much power and no checks & balances. I want law enforcement but I want it to be as pure as possible. Human nature and error can only go down a road so far. Come on, this is blatant - those guys should be embarrassed at least, fired to make it right. Come forward and testify to what you did - FOR Brendan.

I can never watch BD being interviewed (interrogated) without thinking of Jessie Misskelley and the WM3.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunshine sleuth
Back