Selim Esen, 44, Toronto, 14 April 2017

OH MY LORD EVERYONE.

Please do not post a place of business and say this is the killer's business.

You do not post anything like that unless it has been reported by the police or mainstream media.

How would you like your business posted on the Internet with some claim that a killer was the owner?

I am going to close this thread until I am able to review it more carefully.

Thanks for reopening this thread. RIP Selim.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...en-from-torontos-gay-village/article37656153/

This is a great article that touches more on Selim's life than others have. A friend of his is quoted in it. He sounded like a lovely man.

Snipped FWIW...
...A friend of his, Richard Harrop, spoke at a community meeting last summer about Mr. Esen, recalling that he was proud of a certificate he had recently earned after a week-long peer counselling course at St. Stephen's Community House.

...On Facebook on Thursday, a man who identified himself as an employee from St. Stephen's posted that Mr. McArthur had also been a client there. However, the centre said it cannot by law confirm whether either man had been a client.

...Elliott Leyton, a Canadian expert on mass killers and the author of Hunting Humans: The Rise of the Modern Multiple Murderer, said the early allegations in this case point to a sadly common pattern, although he said he was immediately struck by the accused's age, 66.

"That's pushing it for someone that age to be involved in that activity," he said, adding that it is particularly odd given the accused is alleged to have been "quite active."

"It's unusual for it to be that late that it would suddenly pop out of nowhere," he said. "But, there's a very long nurturing period. People don't just get up one morning and think, 'I'll go murder the category which I'm sexually attracted to.' They nurture it first as a thought, and then as a fantasy, then as something that is becoming developed and refined, then finally a decision is made to go ahead. … It doesn't begin or end there."

Details about obtaining the 2004 Dodge Caravan from Dom's Auto & interviews with two men who were close to Selim, both a testament to the kind sould Selim Esen was (they speak at the 1:30 minute mark)

https://youtu.be/VvF7CWASfw8

Friend remembers Selim Esen as a kind, loving man
January 22, 2018

Snipped...
...Selim Esen was loving, tender-hearted, gentle and did not judge others.

...“We had the kind of relationship where you don’t have to be in touch every day to feel close to one another,” Harrop wrote.

“He was very comfortable being with me and would often offer to help me around the house. One night when I was wearing my djellaba, a robe I bought in Morocco, he offered to sew the hem telling me he had once worked at a tailor shop.”

...Esen had just completed a week-long course at a community centre in peer counselling, “and was so proud of his accomplishment that he sent me a copy of his certificate,” Harrop wrote.

“He really felt he was getting a handle on his problem. Then the texts stopped.”

Harrop did not hear from Esen again.

“He was a very kind, loving person. He was extremely trusting and did not judge people,” Harrop wrote.

“RIP Selim.”

Read more: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/01/22/friend-remembers-selim-esen-as-a-kind-loving-man.html

'We have more questions than answers': Brother of alleged McArthur victim attends hearing
'We have more questions than answers': Brother of alleged McArthur victim attends hearing
image.jpg

Selim Esen was 44 years old when he was last seen near the Village on April 15, 2017.
Friday, June 22, 2018 2:14PM EDT
The brother of a man allegedly murdered by Bruce McArthur faced the accused serial killer in court for the first time today.

Omer Esen travelled from London, England today to be in Toronto for McArthur’s morning court appearance and to talk to Toronto police.

Esen did not want to speak to media but provided a page-long statement about his brother, providing the first real glimpse into his life since police confirmed his death."
"Esen said his brother moved to Canada in 2013 to get married to his boyfriend and start a new life. He said he “wasn’t happy” living in Turkey as a gay man and that the eventual move to Canada spoke to his brother’s “free bird” attitude.

“He was very friendly, kind hearted, open, independent minded and curious, passionate about new things, gardening, exploring new places and meeting new people,” he wrote.

“He thought, believed, felt and lived free as a bird, beyond any borders and any boundaries.”
Esen said his brother’s body has not been released to the family and that being so far away from the criminal proceedings has been hard on the family.

“As Selim’s brothers, we find it hard to come to terms with our youngest brother’s death. He was too young to leave us. He had things to do, friends to make, flowers to grow in hearts, life to share,” the statement reads."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back