Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I based my reply on:

Hope4More: "I don't remember the Alexanders ever mentioning JSS. [...]"

You didn't qualify your statement as applying only outside the courtroom. What was said on a global stage with worldwide media attention was significant given how little they have said. I agree with TexMex regarding how gracious the thanks offered to JSS was. The opinion of Travis' family is information for me in assessing JSS. You recalled the criticism of JSS in the post I had replied to but not the praise and thanks. You bet that the family had nothing good to say about JSS. Is there a source you base this on? Something the family have said to counter the words in court?

TW.....you have different opinions. It's all good. ;)

IMO it's unfair to say Samantha wasn't "speaking freely". Jmo but she was absolutely speaking her mind both times she spoke so eloquently in the courtroom. She's a bright, well spoken lady. She clearly said she understood all of the delays and decisions Judge Stephens made during the trial. She furthermore put the blame squarely on Jodi, not the judge. She then expressly thanked and expressed appreciation to the judge. This trial had an impact on all parties, not just her family and Samantha realized the judges hard work and the strength it took to keep things on track, putting the vicious Jodi in prison for life.

Ever corresponded with Samantha? She answers every letter, remarkably, or used to, at least. ;)

image.jpg

My sons destroyed the bread pudding w/rum sauce before I could get my phone to take a pic

Ever corresponded with Samantha? She answers every letter, remarkably, or used to, at least. ;)

I made a small donation when KCL was helping them and got a personal note of thanks from Samantha. It impressed me that even during the personal pain and uncertainty of that trial she could reach out and express thanks so graciously.

Nope. But I do not think that Samantha, a police officer, would state anything untrue in a courtroom. So imo her thanks to Judge Stephens was sincere.

TW.....you have different opinions. It's all good. ;)

A range of opinions can promote interesting debate. I agree that is all good. Yet my point was to do with fact, not opinion. It is a fact that Samantha thanked the judge. You bet that the family had nothing good to say about Judge Sherry Stephens. There is video evidence - a factual court record - of Samantha graciously and sincerely thanking Judge Stephens for her work.

Hope4More to TexMex,"Ever corresponded with Samantha? She answers every letter, remarkably, or used to, at least."

If you have any evidence of Samantha or any other family members criticising Judge Sherry Stephens, please point us to it? I'd be interested to read it. Samantha seemed very sincere in her concern and respect for Judge Stephens.

IMO it's unfair to say Samantha wasn't "speaking freely". Jmo but she was absolutely speaking her mind both times she spoke so eloquently in the courtroom. She's a bright, well spoken lady. She clearly said she understood all of the delays and decisions Judge Stephens made during the trial. She furthermore put the blame squarely on Jodi, not the judge. She then expressly thanked and expressed appreciation to the judge. This trial had an impact on all parties, not just her family and Samantha realized the judges hard work and the strength it took to keep things on track, putting the vicious Jodi in prison for life.

I respect Samantha and the family and it made me feel a little guilty to have lost patience with Judge Sherry Stephens several times when Travis' own family appreciated her efforts and strength. They lived every moment, saw Judge Stephens when we didn't, interacted with her in other ways.

I respect Samantha and the family and it made me feel a little guilty to have lost patience with Judge Sherry Stephens several times when Travis' own family appreciated her efforts and strength. They lived every moment, saw Judge Stephens when we didn't, interacted with her in other ways.

Agree. Were there times when the family was frustrated or upset with specific decisions? Undoubtedly. Many of us were too. But IMO in the big picture-they, as Samantha stated in court, understood that trials are part of a process and appreciated Judge Stephens efforts in that sometimes slow and torturous process, where the defendant seems to enjoy all the rights and victims seem to enjoy very few.

I made a small donation when KCL was helping them and got a personal note of thanks from Samantha. It impressed me that even during the personal pain and uncertainty of that trial she could reach out and express thanks so graciously.

I did the same, my Mom and I watched the trial together religiously, she had been admitted to the hospital for a broken shoulder and we watched the verdict from her hospital room. Unfortunately complications caused her death a few days later and I donated what I could in my Mom's name after she passed. Samantha sent me a beautiful letter not only thanking me, but also mentioning that my Mom and Travis were looking down on us, offering me condolences and Prayers for my Mom. To be able to do that while going through everything she and the Alexander Family were going through showed me what a beautiful, graceful human being she is. I will never forget Samantha offering me comfort as she lived through hell in front of the world.
There is a special place in Heaven for Samantha and I Pray for her and the rest of the Family every night.

I did the same, my Mom and I watched the trial together religiously, she had been admitted to the hospital for a broken shoulder and we watched the verdict from her hospital room. Unfortunately complications caused her death a few days later and I donated what I could in my Mom's name after she passed. Samantha sent me a beautiful letter not only thanking me, but also mentioning that my Mom and Travis were looking down on us, offering me condolences and Prayers for my Mom. To be able to do that while going through everything she and the Alexander Family were going through showed me what a beautiful, graceful human being she is. I will never forget Samantha offering me comfort as she lived through hell in front of the world.
There is a special place in Heaven for Samantha and I Pray for her and the rest of the Family every night.

I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. Losing a parent is so difficult, especially when its sudden and unexpected. Hugs to you.

Your experience of Samantha writing back and offering you comfort-- she really is an extraordinary young woman, full of grace. From reading here and elsewhere during the trials, I know that kind of compassionate response was for her, typical, even with all she was going through personally

I corresponded with her for a brief time after the second mistrial, when so many were so angry...especially about juror 17 and about the escaping the DP. A lot was striking about what she wrote, but most of all, what shone through was her tremendous love for Travis, and her deep appreciation that so many folks cared.

Only Samantha knows exactly what Samantha thinks about JSS. Interpretations of what she said are just that, and everyone is as entitled to their interpretations as they are to opinions about JSS or sex that day or if the meant to kill again; anything and everything and all that comes in between.

For those who care deeply about what Samantha meant, or for those whose opinions about JSS are contingent upon the family 's opinions about JSS, why not write Samantha and ask directly?

My own opinion about JSS was never and isn't now based on what the Alexanders thought about her, any more than my opinion about whether or not she should get the DP was ever contingent upon the family wanting it.

As much I admired the Alexanders' courage and grace, and as much as I felt for them about what they've been forced to endure, the 's trial, IMO, was ever only in the smallest part about the Alexanders, largely because I don't think trials are a vehicle for dispensing "justice," least of all to families of victims.

Only Samantha knows exactly what Samantha thinks about JSS.

No. We know what Samantha said about JSS in court. Not as a paid 'expert' but as the sister of a man brutally slaughtered. Before the jury and the world's media a sincere appreciation and concern for Judge Sherry Stephens was graciously demonstrated. I have no need to question Samantha as I trust her statement to be true. Until she says differently or changes this view her clear words are a matter of record. Anything else is interpretation or opinion.

On video above. Samantha to Judge Stephens in court for the world to see:

"With that being said, I understand the decisions you made in this trial. I understand why you allowed the delays by the defence. I have seen the public backlash because of it. I am so sorry that you had to go through this experience - not only once but twice"

Samantha continues - expressing a sincere and touching appreciation of JSS

"In closing, I just want to express my appreciation to you. I know this trial has impacted your life. There is only one person who is to blame for that - and that is Jodi. I thank you, Judge Stephens for being strong enough to see this trial to the end..."

No. We know what Samantha said about JSS in court. Not as a paid 'expert' but as the sister of a man brutally slaughtered. Before the jury and the world's media a sincere appreciation and concern for Judge Sherry Stephens was graciously demonstrated. I have no need to question Samantha as I trust her statement to be true. Until she says differently or changes this view her clear words are a matter of record. Anything else is interpretation or opinion.

On video above. Samantha to Judge Stephens in court for the world to see:

"With that being said, I understand the decisions you made in this trial. I understand why you allowed the delays by the defence. I have seen the public backlash because of it. I am so sorry that you had to go through this experience - not only once but twice"

Samantha continues - expressing a sincere and touching appreciation of JSS

"In closing, I just want to express my appreciation to you. I know this trial has impacted your life. There is only one person who is to blame for that - and that is Jodi. I thank you, Judge Stephens for being strong enough to see this trial to the end..."

Peace out, Trial Watcher.

My buddy took me up in his plane after we spent all morning rounding up horses and cows in Fort Bend county. Brazos River flooding. River cresting today and supposed to get 8 more inches of rain here where my folks live.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Off topic, but I wanted to quickly congratulate Niner on her hometown boy, Alexander Rossi, winning the Indy 500 -- in his first attempt, no less! A very rare accomplishment indeed. Woo Hoo to you both!

indycar-indy-500-2016-alexander-rossi-herta-andretti-autosport-honda-race-winner.jpg

and p.s.; I still owe you a "howdy (former) neighbor", so... "howdy (former) neighbor!" :)

Ok, carry on...

My buddy took me up in his plane after we spent all morning rounding up horses and cows in Fort Bend county. Brazos River flooding. River cresting today and supposed to get 8 more inches of rain here where my folks live.

View attachment 95815

View attachment 95816

I've been thinking about you and your family, TexMex. Saw this on the news last night. I pray for your family and all the folks in the Great State of Texas. I heard more rain to come as well. My thoughts are with y'all!

I've been thinking about you and your family, TexMex. Saw this on the news last night. I pray for your family and all the folks in the Great State of Texas. I heard more rain to come as well. My thoughts are with y'all!

Thank you salberg7. Luckily my folks home is ok. I'm here til Saturday making sure they're ok and I brought my livestock trailer and four wheeler to help friends and neighbors move horses or whatever.

Some yahoo left their home but left their dog chained to the front porch. The sheriff was in the area on an airboat with a news crew. They saw the dog with only its head above the floodwaters. They moved the boat up to the house, found and cut the chain and put the dog into the boat. Dog seems ok. The sheriff fed her a ham sandwich his wife had sent him for lunch that day.

image.jpeg

Off topic, but I wanted to quickly congratulate Niner on her hometown boy, Alexander Rossi, winning the Indy 500 -- in his first attempt, no less! A very rare accomplishment indeed. Woo Hoo to you both!

and p.s.; I still owe you a "howdy (former) neighbor", so... "howdy (former) neighbor!" :)

Ok, carry on...

YES! :cheer: I was rooting for him! He was a "stand-by" driver last year in Formula One Racing (which I follow also!) :seeya: howdy (former) neighbor!

Me too - thinking of you and your family! What an a$$hole for leaving that dog chained up! Glad the Sheriff was in the area! Unbelievable, how some people are....

So... I guess we are :waiting: for these appeals, eh? I guess nothing "new" on releasing Sheriff Joe's stuff?? We need something "new" to talk about here! :D

May 27. COA granted supplementation of trial record. 22 transcripts requested, all due by June 27. Dates cover from 12/22/2012 through early 2015. After cross-referencing Superior Court and COA records, it looks like her attorneys are asking for transcripts of oral arguments and other matters that JSS had sealed, and/or that JSS sealed AND ordered that no transcript be made unless specifically instructed.

There doesn't seem to be any overlap between the 22 requested transcripts and the list of sealed transcripts, materials, etc. already listed and included in the trial record.

I've asked mods for a separate (no discussion) thread for appeal updates, will post updates there or in the existing timeline thread if no new thread.

YES! :cheer: I was rooting for him! He was a "stand-by" driver last year in Formula One Racing (which I follow also!) :seeya: howdy (former) neighbor!

Me too - thinking of you and your family! What an a$$hole for leaving that dog chained up! Glad the Sheriff was in the area! Unbelievable, how some people are....

So... I guess we are :waiting: for these appeals, eh? I guess nothing "new" on releasing Sheriff Joe's stuff?? We need something "new" to talk about here! :D

Niner- still owe you links, sorry. Real life has been kicking my derriere as of late. Here's one related tidbit. The 's "book drive"? Because Perryville's inmate library is so lacking?

Just plain hooey. Surprised? Another inmate (in for killing someone driving drunk) spent her years there organizing very successful book drives for the library, including partnering with local bookstores that donated until the prison library shelves could hold no more.

The -- such an unoriginal everything. Think she is just trolling for donor names, and maybe competing with the child -killer for the title of philanthropist- murderer of the year. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74