Several' bodies found at Mandan, North Dakota business, 1 April 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotr

Reaction score
Police: 'Several' bodies found at North Dakota business
MANDAN, N.D. -- Police responding to a medical call at a North Dakota property-management business on Monday found "several" bodies, authorities said.

The Mandan Police Department issued a three-sentence news release confirming that officers had found "several people who were deceased inside" the business in the city of about 22,000 just across the Missouri River west of Bismarck. Police did not say how many people were dead and did not immediately respond to requests for more details.

People with friends or loved ones who work at RJR Maintenance and Management gathered beyond a police line outside the property, anxious for news about those inside, as several hours passed without additional information.

'Several' People Dead at North Dakota Property Management Company

"Gina Kessel, 52, of Mandan, showed up at the business Monday to pick up her son, Mitchell Kessel, an employee there. She said Mitchell “called me, said something is going on.” She said he didn’t tell her what.

The pair hugged, with both of them crying. Her son did not speak before going back behind a police line.

Judy Praus, 70, came to RJR seeking information, saying she was a longtime friend of the owner and his family. She said she had no details on what happened.

“When I was notified, I shattered. Unbelievable,” she said.

Darin Helbling, a manager at a nearby bowling alley, said police asked to see his business’ surveillance video. Helbling said the video showed only a couple of vehicles on the road that separates the businesses since 10 p.m. Sunday.

RJR’s website identified it as a family-owned company that has been handling commercial and residential properties in Bismarck and Mandan for more than 20 years. Its services include collecting rent for landlords, paying mortgages, re-renting apartments, building and grounds maintenance, lawn care, and snow removal. It also rents out storage units."

Several' bodies found at North Dakota business

MANDAN, N.D. – Police responding to a medical call at a North Dakota property-management business on Monday found "several" bodies, authorities said.

The Mandan Police Department issued a three-sentence news release confirming that officers had found "several people who were deceased inside" the business in the city of about 22,000 just across the Missouri River west of Bismarck. Police did not say how many people were dead and did not immediately respond to requests for more details.

People with friends or loved ones who work at RJR Maintenance and Management gathered beyond a police line outside the property, anxious for news about those inside, as several hours passed without additional information.

More...
Police: 'Several' bodies found at North Dakota business

Mandan Police investigating bodies found

Snip...
The Mandan Police Department received a call at approximately 7:30 this morning.
Officials report there were multiple bodies found inside the RJR Maintenance and Management Building.

Police are releasing few details, and the number of bodies or cause of death have not been released at this time.

Mandan Police investigating bodies found

Snip...
The Mandan Police Department received a call at approximately 7:30 this morning.
Officials report there were multiple bodies found inside the RJR Maintenance and Management Building.

Police are releasing few details, and the number of bodies or cause of death have not been released at this time.

Wow, ususally places like this don’t open until 7-8 in my neck of the woods. I am assuming the murders took place shortly after opening for biz, only because no one was reported missing last night?

Robert & Jackie Fakler, the Owners of RJR Maintenance | Heavy.com
rbbm
'Several' bodies found inside Mandan property management business,...
The Mandan Police Department will be holding a press conference at 5 p.m. in Mandan City Hall in regards to a number of bodies found in a business in southeast Mandan. The Bismarck Tribune will stream the press conference live on Facebook.

Officers allowed several people behind the police perimeter who appeared distraught and hugged others on scene who were gathered with apparent employees of RJR.

Wouldn’t you think death by gunshot would have been part of the headline? I was wondering if carbon monoxide may have been an issue. Also interested to know when the deceased arrived for work, Friday, over the weekend, today. The lack of information is just crazy!!!

Wouldn’t you think death by gunshot would have been part of the headline? I was wondering if carbon monoxide may have been an issue. Also interested to know when the deceased arrived for work, Friday, over the weekend, today. The lack of information is just crazy!!!
I’d be open to carbon monoxide, but not at a workplace with several people succumbing to it.

It takes a bit of time for that to happen.

My mind is on shooting, but who knows.

Robert & Jackie Fakler, the Owners of RJR Maintenance | Heavy.com

Snipped from above article:
The manager of a nearby bowling alley, Darin Helbling, told the AP that the police had come to him to ask to see his outside surveillance videos. One report says that Helbling’s surveillance video shows a truck pulling into the RJR parking lot at around 7 a.m. Four minutes later, an RJR company truck pulled out of the business. No other cars pull into the building until the police showed up at 7:30 a.m.

If this report is accurate, it's very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd