Found Deceased Shana Alison DiMambro Last Seen 7/19/22- 7 AM in Her Home,100 block Mitchell Street, Spring Branch

DiMambro’s husband said she was last seen wearing a white v-neck shirt, pink shorts, and black flip-flops, information Herr used strategically.
"She was face down and she was in almost like a crawling position," Herr said. "She had no clothing on and we couldn't tell that she had any shoes on."

[Search and Support San Antonio Vice President Eric Herr]

Naked or mostly so as reported by the persons who found her. Not sure if LE ever confirmed or denied.

Thank you, but the link isn't working for me?

Its strange if she walked to the retention pond to commit suicide why a retention pond? I don't believe it was suicide, there are too many things unexlplained for me to think so. MOO. So she jumps in. She would know her death will be slow because she isn't going to get catastrophic injuries to render immobile. Wouldn't she want to die quickly why linger it? Ok lets say she slipped but from a distance even, one can see there is an opening in the area. It would have clear edges. So i can't see her intentionally slipping or accidentally either. It really does not make sense either way. Plus wouldn't her family question the owner and say why wasn't the pond marked. The family could say your property wasn't that well sealed off from the public. People possibly walk on it so its the owner's duty to make people not walk on it. So you see the dilemna? I realize trespass laws but the family could question this if they wanted to.

Its strange if she walked to the retention pond to commit suicide why a retention pond? I don't believe it was suicide, there are too many things unexlplained for me to think so. MOO. So she jumps in. She would know her death will be slow because she isn't going to get catastrophic injuries to render immobile. Wouldn't she want to die quickly why linger it? Ok lets say she slipped but from a distance even, one can see there is an opening in the area. It would have clear edges. So i can't see her intentionally slipping or accidentally either. It really does not make sense either way. Plus wouldn't her family question the owner and say why wasn't the pond marked. The family could say your property wasn't that well sealed off from the public. People possibly walk on it so its the owner's duty to make people not walk on it. So you see the dilemna? I realize trespass laws but the family could question this if they wanted to.
The retention pond was completely dry & about 20 feet deep. No water at all, probably due to drought. Cause of death likely complicated by heat exposure.

www.fox7austin.com/news/spring-branch-shana-dimambro-preliminary-autopsy-murder-texas
Investigators said they do not believe Shana DiMambro was murdered, according to the preliminary autopsy results.

It is also possible the theory can change. Investigators said it could take more than a year before they have full results back and a better idea of what happened.

"There's no evidence of foul play, there's no evidence that she was killed there," said Abel Pena, a retired FBI agent from Project Absentis

My recommendation would be to actually take the time to read about this case. Sleuthing involves educating oneself on the various pieces that are involved, it's not just about making up random scenarios and throwing them out there to get a reaction. All that does is dehumanize the person who is being discussed.

There's great information in the articles, things like the fact that there was no water in the pond, and that Shana suffered from mental health and substance abuse issues. I find that when I actually read the details on a case, my thoughts about it become a little more relevant.

Why a retention pond? Why anywhere? People take their lives by (I had a whole list of examples here, but chose to remove them as it felt like I was just being graphic for shock value) -- why would anyone choose anyplace to do those things? If people killed themselves according to some rational, logical set of instructions then it would seem we'd have a better handle on how to help them instead of standing around stunned after the fact.

No, I don't see any dilemma. Property Owners' Legal Duty to Prevent Injury - FindLaw And I certainly don't see how putting up a sign that says "This is a pond" would deter someone from proceeding on with whatever intended action brought them there in the first place. Medication comes with all kinds of warnings yet people will ignore those warnings and swallow a whole bottle if that is their chosen method of suicide.

My recommendation would be to actually take the time to read about this case. Sleuthing involves educating oneself on the various pieces that are involved, it's not just about making up random scenarios and throwing them out there to get a reaction. All that does is dehumanize the person who is being discussed.

There's great information in the articles, things like the fact that there was no water in the pond, and that Shana suffered from mental health and substance abuse issues. I find that when I actually read the details on a case, my thoughts about it become a little more relevant.

Why a retention pond? Why anywhere? People take their lives by (I had a whole list of examples here, but chose to remove them as it felt like I was just being graphic for shock value) -- why would anyone choose anyplace to do those things? If people killed themselves according to some rational, logical set of instructions then it would seem we'd have a better handle on how to help them instead of standing around stunned after the fact.

No, I don't see any dilemma. Property Owners' Legal Duty to Prevent Injury - FindLaw And I certainly don't see how putting up a sign that says "This is a pond" would deter someone from proceeding on with whatever intended action brought them there in the first place. Medication comes with all kinds of warnings yet people will ignore those warnings and swallow a whole bottle if that is their chosen method of suicide.
It seems that what I said in your opinion is sensationalizing the situation. That is not so. First of all I am very aware that the pond was dry it had no water. No where in my post did I suggest that there was water in the pond. Secondly, even someone for example who is under the influence will have wants and needs so they would not like to suffer. That pond is twenty five feet I believe, it was a while back that I saw the details of the size, but its not a small distance to the bottom. So regardless of a person being depressed or under the influence they simply don't want to suffer. So to say that someone will not think this and just all of a sudden in a whim of a second make a decision to do this really makes that person not human as in the way they would want to die. No one wants to die in pain when it can be avoided so will someone in these states. So I have to disagree with your point. As for the property owner that person does not want anyone to die on their property or get hurt. So if someone is wondering on their property its either best to put a warning if they can't stop people or better blockage. So either risk assess or an unintended concequence may happen (that is for a person who is not under the influence.) I'm sorry I just don't see someone wanting to cause such pain to themselves. A person who is under the influence will see how far to the bottom of the pond it is and will think accordingly.

I'm sorry I just don't see someone wanting to cause such pain to themselves.

Unfortunately, many people with mental health problems do want to cause pain to themselves, or do not care if they die in pain as long as they die.

I don't know if this is the case for Shana, but saying no-one wants to die in pain or cause themselves pain (and live) sadly just isn't true.

Unfortunately, many people with mental health problems do want to cause pain to themselves, or do not care if they die in pain as long as they die.

I don't know if this is the case for Shana, but saying no-one wants to die in pain or cause themselves pain (and live) sadly just isn't true.
I'm sorry I have to disagree respectfully because I am not trying to simplify a person's thinking who may be under influence or in a mental health crisis. First of all just assuming the individual does not want to live IMO is simplifying the person's condition, whatever it may be. Secondly we don't know as you mentioned if she was contemplaing such. I am going to assume she wanted to live her life as best as she could even thru her mental health situation. This is where my opinion differs. She may be feeling her anguish but not necessarily want to end what she has positive in her life.

Last edited:
I found this article from December regarding to toxicology results:

Shana DiMambro’s father Brian DiMambro wrote that he spoke with members of the Comal County Sheriff’s Office last week about her toxicology report results. He said the report showed no traces of meth or "other hard narcotics."

"Please understand, we will not give up on working to find out what really happened. And, we are so thankful for all the love and support we have received from this community," said Brian DiMambro.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back