Found Deceased Shanann Watts (34) and daughters Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the video Wildcat posted, it looked like it had rained today. Do we know if it rained yesterday morning?

No rain yesterday morning. Tons of rain and some hail this afternoon (depending on the area, we got no hail and a friend 3 miles away got some).

One other thing police are probably working on...roofers. Did the roofers see anything strange during the day? We had a massive hail storm several weeks ago and EVERYBODY is getting a new roof, even new builds.

@jessaraejoel - great to have you here, you're among friends.

That we can benefit from your insight, please be sure to qualify any unverified posts (no link) as your opinion only (i.e., IMO, MOO). Thanks again..
Thanks. I’ll be sure to do that. This is my first time commenting on a post, as it hits close to home. I normally just read what others are saying

Twitter is not exactly like Facebook. You can follow someone you’re not friends with. Let‘s say I followed Donald Trump (in theory) just after he created his Twitter account, I‘d appear way down on his follower list. If I unfollow him (because I‘m not happy with his tweets) and then follow him again, I‘d move up to the top of his recent followers. Maybe this is what happened here?

Thank you!! I really didn't know much about it!

My partner and I turned on our local news to find out about an explosion that happened today in Denver, across the street from a friend's business, and we saw this interview and we just stared at each other with our mouths wide open. We had goosebumps. I was like, "WOW. I'm getting on Websleuths!"

Yup. And it's getting very scary.

Endangered Missing Alert Issued For Missing Pregnant Mom, 2 Children
A majority of the police department is working to find Watts and her daughters.

Police have not said if they suspect foul play is associated with the disappearances and were not specific where Watts and her daughters were last seen.

A close friend of Watts' talked to FOX31. She says she dropped Watts off at home around 2 a.m. Monday morning when they got home from a work trip. She saw her go inside. She says the two friends were supposed to meet later in the day, but Watts didn't answer her phone.

“I called her and texted her several times," Watts' friend said. "I knew she had a doctor's appointment that morning because she’s pregnant, she didn’t show up for it … and I was even more concerned."

[Chris Watts, husband] She said she was going to a friend's house with the kids and that’s the last thing I heard, and that was it, it was very vague." Chris Watts says he's hopeful his two girls and his wife are OK.

At roughly 5 p.m. Tuesday, police upgraded the urgency of the case ["endangered missing"], because of the length of time that has passed since Watts was last heard from. She and her daughters were reported missing Monday afternoon.

Pregnant woman, 2 daughters reported missing in Frederick

Frederick police seek missing pregnant mom, daughters

Endangered Missing Alert Issued For Missing Pregnant Mom, 2 Children

Frederick police now calling disappearance of pregnant woman, daughters endangered missing alert

Not good. I feel like maybe there would be a lead or some feeling if she was voluntarily missing. The designation is frightening.

Whaaaaat?! Friend says she had a doctor's appointment and the husband said she was going to a friend's house?

Wow. Good catch. I wonder why the discrepancy.

Thanks. I’ll be sure to do that. This is my first time commenting on a post, as it hits close to home. I normally just read what others are saying

Hi, thank you for being here! Be sure you read about how to become a Verified Insider so you can post a lot more than just what the news shares.

I’m also curious what your opinion is. I wonder if friends thought they had a great relationship or if they thought something was wrong with her or between them. And also curious if she has her own car?

I’m local. I’m tempted to drive by on my way to work tomorrow. All I’ve heard is “work truck”. I wanted to ask on the local find page if she had her own car or if they shared a car. They’d probably have cars parked in the garage though. Guys like him in his line of work usually back their trucks up into driveways, don’t always park inside the garage. It’s a thing of the trade.
That would be great. I'm curious about the back of the home and the height of the fence, but I'm not sure you'd be able to access that. Look forward to hearing what you have to say, if you do make it by.

Would you be willing to add when she went on the 6 week trip, with whom and to where, and when she went to AZ and came back?
I sure will, but I'll add the details tomorrow because I've got to get some sleep, lol.
  • Arrived home at 2 am from 2-day business trip to AZ
  • Prior to AZ trip, she and girls spent 6 wks in NC
  • Husband left 5:15 am
  • Friend came by at noon
  • Husband came home from work
  • Friend reported her missing on Mon. afternoon, 8/13
  • Tues, 8/14 Case upgraded to Endangered Missing Person
  • Phone, purse, wallet, car and keys were all at the home
  • Girls car seats and medication were at the home
  • No Amber Alert - children believed to be with the mother
  • Hospitals and pharmacies have been checked
  • Police are aware she wears an Apple watch
  • Husband deleted his FB account a week prior
  • K9's were used, they do not believe they found a scent to follow
  • Police are canvassing the neighborhood
  • No search parties yet because police do not know where to search
  • 3 news stations have done interviews today
  • Husband admits they had an "emotional conversation"
  • Flyers are being distributed
  • Per friend, she had a doctor’s appt. in the morning
  • Per husband, she and kids were going to a friend’s

Hi, thank you for being here! Be sure you read about how to become a Verified Insider so you can post a lot more than just what the news shares.

I’m also curious what your opinion is. I wonder if friends thought they had a great relationship or if they thought something was wrong with her or between them. And also curious if she has her own car?
She has a Lexus, it was still in the garage according to friends. Not confirmed.

So, do Apple watches ping?

I imagine police have tried to track her phone?

I'm no tech expert. We're going to have to round us up one of those! ;) It might also be helpful to know which model she has. I wonder if there are any photos of her wearing the watch that we could look at?

Her phone was left in the home.

I find it perfectly plausible that she may have been headed to a friends prior to her doctor appt. Her appt was for her pregnancy<modsnip - unnecessary> It would be very hard to control two children of their ages in a doctors office. However, was it not said the children were supposed to be starting school that day? So was she supposed to be dropping them off for that fateful first day (so hard with little ones, very emotional day for mom and child many times). Or were they starting school a day later in which case she may need to go to a friends house to have them watch the children or go with to sit in waiting room with the children while she had her appointment. All of this would mean using her car. We hear about her cell phone, purse, epi pen etc being left behind, but is her car still in the garage? or is the car gone? Also, who feeds the dog, was the dog fed and watered. Where is the dog, if he cannot stand to be alone, is that poor dog starving in that house while he stays elsewhere at this time of her missing? I wish I knew the dynamics of the relationship, with her being newly pregnant, did she possibly have other relationship on the side? did he? A new conception coming into a relationship that is unstable can really escalate emotions for both. I keep thinking back to him saying she was going to a friends, and not she was heading to the school with the little ones, very nervous about the first day. Many times Daddy will even take off for that first day, in the morning at least, its a big deal. This is all just in my opinion by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since she apparently has a car (per FB, so not validated) and it is presumably still there (left her keys, purse, phone etc) , it seems strange that hubby would not have arranged that it was gone along with her belongings, IF he did something to her and to make his "story" less suspicious.

So, I'm wondering....is Shannan prone to dramatics? IF they did have a fight or this emotional discussion thing...maybe she had another friend pick her and the kids up to scare her hubby. Took time away from the stresses at home? We can all do stupid things when we're angry and upset with someone. Maybe she didn't figure the police would be called?
Thinking about the "this has to stop" meaning also.

Just hoping that all this is due to emotional stress in the marriage due to her Thrive work, and that they can work all this out.....if that's the case.

Thanks for the information. I'm sorry you all are going through this.

Do you have any idea what may have happened, your opinion on what might be going on?
I don’t feel good about it. I don’t think she would leave with out her child’s epipen. The house was locked and her keys were inside, it doesn’t add up. Just my thoughts.

Since she apparently has a car (per FB, so not validated) and it is presumably still there (left her keys, purse, phone etc) , it seems strange that hubby would not have arranged that it was gone along with her belongings, IF he did something to her and to make his "story" less suspicious.

So, I'm wondering....is Shannan prone to dramatics? IF they did have a fight or this emotional discussion thing...maybe she had another friend pick her and the kids up to scare her hubby. Took time away from the stresses at home? We can all do stupid things when we're angry and upset with someone. Maybe she didn't figure the police would be called?
Thinking about the "this has to stop" meaning also.

Just hoping that all this is due to emotional stress in the marriage due to her Thrive work, and that they can work all this out.....if that's the case.
He would not have enough time before her friend worked out that she was missing.

I'm no tech expert. We're going to have to round us up one of those! ;) It might also be helpful to know which model she has. I wonder if there are any photos of her wearing the watch that we could look at?

Her phone was left in the home.

I'm not tech savvy either lol. I get my tiny bit of savvy from here and my kids.

I want to be careful not to accuse someone who might be suffering quite a bit right now. And I really don't have a strong opinion about what could've happened.

I really hope she left and is okay. Just taking a break.

But it is a scary case and I have concerns about not only the husband, but also about her if she did voluntarily leave because sometimes people who do so are not acting rationally and can harm their kids and themselves. However I'm not accusing either of them. I have no idea what happened and don't have a strong feeling or gut instinct yet.

Nevertheless, I did want to post a couple things about family annihilators, just for sake of discussion:

"Family annihilators were overwhelmingly not known to criminal justice or mental health services. For all intents and purposes these were loving husbands and good fathers, often holding down high profile jobs and seen publicly as being very, very successful. They were simply not on the radar."

"There are a variety of ways for men to be men, but what really is happening with family annihilation is that these are usually men who will reach a tipping point about various things within the particular category of family annihilator that we identify. To see it simply [as being] about women having a greater role [in modern society] might be trying to imply the woman is responsible, whereas in fact it's always about the man."
Study: family killers are usually men and fit one of four distinct profiles | WIRED UK

“For many family annihilators, the act of murder is a way of re-establishing control that he feels he has lost over the family,” said Jack Levin, professor of sociology and criminology at Northeastern University in Boston.
Experts have profile of fathers who kill family

I don’t feel good about it. I don’t think she would leave with out her child’s epipen. The house was locked and her keys were inside, it doesn’t add up. Just my thoughts.

As a mom, I hear that. Do you know what kind of allergy her kid(s) had the epipen for?

What are others in your circle saying? How has her mental state been? How about her husband?

<modsnip - unnecessary> Regardless, its a difficult appt to have children in the room with you with, if nothing else they are going to be meauring, listening to heartbeat etc. Its just not the type appt I would bring my kids too solo. Maybe if dad or a friend was with, but again, kids are hard to keep under control is all I am saying, I definitely would ask a friend to ride along or see if they could mind my kids, that is unless they were in school. Then I would not have this hurdle. Big question, Did school start on Monday or Tuesday in this district in Colorado? Ours starts tomorrow and I live in Colorado, so it depends on the district. Did both go to the same school? Was one in say "Head Start" and one in a public school. Age matters. I cannot get past if this was the first day of school, that was not first and foremost on the mind of Dad, as we built up to that first day in my house. The first day is a big day for little ones, and many little ones don't take it so well. But the biggie is, was the car left behind, or is the car gone? IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member