Found Deceased Shanann Watts (34) and daughters Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - unnecessary> Regardless, its a difficult appt to have children in the room with you with, if nothing else they are going to be meauring, listening to heartbeat etc. Its just not the type appt I would bring my kids too solo. Maybe if dad or a friend was with, but again, kids are hard to keep under control is all I am saying, I definitely would ask a friend to ride along or see if they could mind my kids, that is unless they were in school. Then I would not have this hurdle. Big question, Did school start on Monday or Tuesday in this district in Colorado? Ours starts tomorrow and I live in Colorado, so it depends on the district. Did both go to the same school? Was one in say "Head Start" and one in a public school. Age matters. I cannot get past if this was the first day of school, that was not first and foremost on the mind of Dad, as we built up to that first day in my house. The first day is a big day for little ones, and many little ones don't take it so well. But the biggie is, was the car left behind, or is the car gone? IMHO

They're three and four so not kindergarten yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe a peanut allergy.

They are saying she didn’t suffer from mental illness, seemed happy during her business trip. One friend thinks her husband is “sketchy” and neighbors have told people they heard yelling early in the morning and it wasn’t the first time. None of this is known to be fact, just what people are saying.

If he worked in an oil field, wouldn't they supply tools? Aren't independent tradesmen the only ones who carry their own tools. And he could be a contractor on an oil field, I suppose.

No I believe they all have their own tools. I could be wrong but my husband worked with heavy equipment and had to supply his tools

She has a Lexus, it was still in the garage according to friends. Not confirmed.

She has a pic on her FB

Shanann Watts

I’m not a MLM fan, but she looks like she was really busting her butt doing it and it was working for her. Somebody mentioned he was a team member selling Thrive and I don’t see how that would work if they know a lot of the same people. Maybe between work and gym friends there’s the difference.

What would make me leave without my car, my belongings, even my childs vital medicine. An emotionally charged situation where I felt removing myself from situation immediately was vital, that is about it. But I would also be trying so hard to get to my cell to take with me to call police. This is perplexing and it does not fit, it does not sound right. And there is a giant elephant in the room in my opinion.

They got into an “emotional conversation” before she left. Wow

After being gone with the kids for 6 weeks I actually don't find this odd. We lived out of state for a while and I would go back to visit my family with the kids. Once while visiting for two weeks I got injured and required surgery. Ended up staying for 4 weeks.

There was definitely an "emotional conversation" after I returned, DH was very upset that he had missed so much time with the kids. I could see an emotional conversation after that much time apart for numerous reasons.

This is also the same person that dropped her off at home from getting back from Arizona.

So the same person who dropped her off at 2am, realized she missed her doctors appointment, went over there at noon and then reported her missing? Wow.

Was the friend going to go with her or meet her at the doc appointment? Is that how she knows Shannan didn't turn up?

I wondered about this too. Was she going to babysit? How would she know the appointment was missed? Wouldn't DH have been anxiously awaiting a phone call telling him if he was having a son or a daughter?!

He also appeared to stop himself from saying what the text messages he sent her that morning said. Why?

I think she's safe and left with the girls on her own, for whatever reason. Otherwise, I really think he'd be freaking out over his missing little girls (either fake or real freaking out).

Maybe they have more than one epi-pen.

I would take all of them if I was leaving. Those things are not cheap!

Hm, deleting social media is not good. Though a lot of people are doing that recently for privacy concerns and nothing sinister about it. But still, hmmm.

Or she was really upset, and he was trying to appease her.

This could also tie into the "emotional conversation". If social media was at the heart of that. Infidelity or trust issues for example.

Whaaaaat?! Friend says she had a doctor's appointment and the husband said she was going to a friend's house?

Easily could be both. Going to friends house before or after the appointment.

<modsnip - removed quoted posts that have been removed>

Especially after two little girls. We had 2 girls and I was the one hoping for a boy for #3. DH was there for all 3 gender reveal appointments. (He wasn't at any other pregnancy appointments.)

She posted on Facebook that her daughter had a severe anaphylactic allergy to tree nuts and kiwi.

Aw, poor baby and Mama. That is scary and definitely not something she would leave behind unless they were kept in many different spots (various purses, car, etc). I see she has a peanut allergy as well.

Determining gender would be at a ultrasound appt. Sometimes in office and sometimes at another office depending on the practice.

<modsnip - removed off topic quoted post and reply>

So where could have Shanann, Celeste and Belle have gone where they wouldn't have reached out to family by now? This makes me sad to think about. If she spent 6 weeks with family, I'm assuming they're close. I feel like she would have called them by now if she could.

FWIW, my husband was not at my sonogram with our second child. He couldn’t come for some reason. I remember it being a BIG deal, he was upset and so was I (he was out of town, maybe?).

But again, I don’t think she was going to her sonogram appointment. I think it was a well check. At 15 weeks (maybe just turning 16 weeks this week?), that would be right. Then she’d have her anatomy scan at week 20 in 4 weeks.

<modsnip>

So where could have Shanann, Celeste and Belle have gone where they wouldn't have reached out to family by now? This makes me sad to think about. If she spent 6 weeks with family, I'm assuming they're close. I feel like she would have called them by now if she could.
I wish that it would, but I do not think that this story will have a good ending. I have been wrong before though.

Okay, so all is on the up and up. So we are to believe (all doors were locked except garage). So hubby goes to work. She goes out into garage with kids to prepare to leave without her phone, purse, ID or keys to head out. She opens garage and in that second someone is waiting. Okay, I can see this....umm hmmm. So that tells us one of two things, she left with nothing either having a break of some kind, or during a emotionally charged moment. Or....Well the other I cannot say due to TOS....IMHO

FWIW, my husband was not at my sonogram with our second child. He couldn’t come for some reason. I remember it being a BIG deal, he was upset and so was I (he was out of town, maybe?).

But again, I don’t think she was going to her sonogram appointment. I think it was a well check. At 15 weeks (maybe just turning 16 weeks this week?), that would be right. Then she’d have her anatomy scan at week 20 in 4 weeks.
Yes, just blood pressure check, urine test, weight check and fetal heart check.

I want to be careful not to accuse someone who might be suffering quite a bit right now. And I really don't have a strong opinion about what could've happened.

I really hope she left and is okay. Just taking a break.

But it is a scary case and I have concerns about not only the husband, but also about her if she did voluntarily leave because sometimes people who do so are not acting rationally and can harm their kids and themselves. However I'm not accusing either of them. I have no idea what happened and don't have a strong feeling or gut instinct yet.

Nevertheless, I did want to post a couple things about family annihilators, just for sake of discussion:

"Family annihilators were overwhelmingly not known to criminal justice or mental health services. For all intents and purposes these were loving husbands and good fathers, often holding down high profile jobs and seen publicly as being very, very successful. They were simply not on the radar."

"There are a variety of ways for men to be men, but what really is happening with family annihilation is that these are usually men who will reach a tipping point about various things within the particular category of family annihilator that we identify. To see it simply [as being] about women having a greater role [in modern society] might be trying to imply the woman is responsible, whereas in fact it's always about the man."
Study: family killers are usually men and fit one of four distinct profiles | WIRED UK

“For many family annihilators, the act of murder is a way of re-establishing control that he feels he has lost over the family,” said Jack Levin, professor of sociology and criminology at Northeastern University in Boston.
Experts have profile of fathers who kill family

I was thinking that family annihilation included suicide of the annihilator, so I looked up some links to check on that. I ended up on Wikipedia's Familicide page

Familicide - Wikipedia

There's a list on there of notable familicides/family annihilation crimes. I didn't go through all of them, but what I did notice of the ones I did click on was that the bodies were left in situ. Sometimes the annihilator tried to burn the house down. One faked that the family were attacked and even tried to fake that he'd also been attacked as part of a crazed gang entering the house and attacking all the occupants--this one moved one of the bodies, I'm not sure if that was psychologically to put the child in her own bed or whether it was purely scene-setting, or maybe both.

Can anyone think of a family annihilation where the bodies were removed from the house? Don't most of the perps simply either commit suicide themselves to join the family or claim someone else is responsible, either someone else in the family or a stranger?

I was thinking that family annihilation included suicide of the annihilator, so I looked up some links to check on that. I ended up on Wikipedia's Familicide page

Familicide - Wikipedia

There's a list on there of notable familicides/family annihilation crimes. I didn't go through all of them, but what I did notice of the ones I did click on was that the bodies were left in situ. Sometimes the annihilator tried to burn the house down. One faked that the family were attacked and even tried to fake that he'd also been attacked as part of a crazed gang entering the house and attacking all the occupants--this one moved one of the bodies, I'm not sure if that was psychologically to put the child in her own bed or whether it was purely scene-setting, or maybe both.

Can anyone think of a family annihilation where the bodies were removed from the house? Don't most of the perps simply either commit suicide themselves to join the family or claim someone else is responsible, either someone else in the family or a stranger?

Removed family from the home, saved himself (I know there’s a lot of debate on this one but I think he did it intentionally)

Father Confesses to Killing His 4 Children

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member