Shannan Gilbert Found, death declared an accident. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
FredandEdna, do you know who planted the trees in GB-4 site?

I too questioned who planted those trees at the GB4 site several weeks ago in another thread. There were trees also planted at the Halsey Manor Rd. site at about the same time. The land at both sites is owned by State Parks Dept., they also manage that large maintenance/dump site by Zach's Bay.

I too questioned who planted those trees at the GB4 site several weeks ago in another thread. There were trees also planted at the Halsey Manor Rd. site at about the same time. The land at both sites is owned by State Parks Dept., they also manage that large maintenance/dump site by Zach's Bay.

Who would have access to the 1994 maps before they were available to us on GoogleEarth later? State Parks Dept. employees?

Any maps symbols detected on the early and late April 1994 Halsey Manor Rd. site?

If you click forward in time from 1994 on the Parkway photos, it appears as if the vegetation was scorched at some time, perhaps the reason for planting trees later. What there ever a fire at that location?

Thank you for posting that link. Did you see Black Dog Tracker's rec on purging (those) files? If I were LE, I'd start looking for those unmomumented, datum shift displacement, etc. symbols on the USGS 1994 maps dated early April and late April, and I'd go out there to see if there were any more bodies stashed at those locations, especially if they are in the LI area.

I could not find any more of like symbols, but I don't have the time to really be doing this. I did notice though that if one clicks between the early April 1994 and later April 1994 at the site in question, you can see an equidistant spot beyond where the two central points of our mysterious symbols intersect in a line, let's say, what Truthspider might read as a manmade dug up spot, bright white, just inside where the brush starts. In one photo it's there, in the other it's not. Quite startling.

FredandEdna, do you know who planted the trees in GB-4 site?

Sadly, I'm clueless about the trees, and the map details. Also, I'm several states away from NY. My father worked for the US Dept of Agriculture many years ago, and I wish I'd paid more attention when seeing all the maps in his office. Anything I could add would be guessing... US Dept. of Forestry?? OR parks dept??

Who would have access to the 1994 maps before they were available to us on GoogleEarth later? State Parks Dept. employees?

These guys?
http://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/GeographicInformationSystems.aspx

Separately, this crew might have useful info:
http://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/SoilWaterConservationDistrict.aspx

Edit: Not sure the types of downloadable maps here, could be relevant though (click on Suffolk County):
http://gis.ny.gov/?nysgis=

by any chance - does anyone know how many kids were orphaned by LISK?

such as - megan waterman had a daughter..???
do you know which others of GB4 had children?
i believe MBB had 2 kids, right?

MB did NOT have any kids
and did amber costello have any kids?

that is incredibly sad that these kids are orphans.

Was it state or local??

Here's a NYDOT link (I'm trying to sift through with basic search terms):

http://www.search.cio.ny.gov/search...TF-8&ud=1&exclude_apps=1&site=dot_collectioPn

To repost the geocaching forum: http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=25352

I went ahead and looked for the broken and unbroken X's in Central Iowa and found a few, too. Fred&Edna, these geocashers are calling them "unmonumenteds" (noun)?

Using GoogleEarth "fly" over at about a 3k elevation. These sets of symbols can be easily found in the fields at:

Burns Rd. and Tiffan Ave., Marshalltown, IA

Parker Ave. and US 30 Bypass, Marshalltown, IA

Comments made on the geocacher forum quite interesting. I think they are calling them unmonumenteds. They may be a reincarnation of the old skull and crossbones symbols, who knows? The geocacher member mentions recategorizing these sets into "Skull"--wonder if that is a techy term or if he is simply joking.

Which thread, BKS? I'd like to read.

Which thread, BKS? I'd like to read.

Post#83 has some info on construction near GB4, I'm still looking for the discussion about the plantings there being similar to Halsey Manor. It was a short discussion, no one found that to be relevant. I wonder, because we are talking about employees that could be possible witnesses, since they would have been working in that area over a period of time. JMHO

Local Knowledge Needed? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

To repost the geocaching forum: http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=25352

I went ahead and looked for the broken and unbroken X's in Central Iowa and found a few, too. Fred&Edna, these geocashers are calling them "unmonumenteds" (noun)?

Using GoogleEarth "fly" over at about a 3k elevation. These sets of symbols can be easily found in the fields at:

Burns Rd. and Tiffan Ave., Marshalltown, IA

Parker Ave. and US 30 Bypass, Marshalltown, IA

Comments made on the geocacher forum quite interesting. I think they are calling them unmonumenteds. They may be a reincarnation of the old skull and crossbones symbols, who knows? The geocacher member mentions recategorizing these sets into "Skull"--wonder if that is a techy term or if he is simply joking.

In reading the first post on this page:

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=25055

If I'm understanding it correctly, the "skull" is used to indicated that a benchmark has not been found in a particular area. I don't know much about this geocaching... I think I do better with a bread crumb trail rather than GPS!

** Here's a link to geocaching in 2 minutes.

http://www.geocaching.com/videos/#cat=cat:newbies&vid=-4VFeYZTTYs

I'll give it my 2 minutes but doubt I'll be any the wiser for it.

BBM

I've wondered about that myself, Billy. I also find the location of her jacket, her body, and the rest of her personal belongings odd. Was everything found where she left them on the night of her disappearance? I just don't think so. Of course, that's strictly my opinion.

ETA: Do we have any msm link stating that her jacket was found on Anchor Way? Because, according to Brewer, it laid in his driveway for days.

Shannan's jacket, which Joe Brewer says sat in his driveway for days, may have been lost.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18559_162-20078763.html?pageNum=5&tag=contentMain;contentBody

Where do you think the jacket was lost? Where do you think it is located now? Unrelated question because I know you are a map geek: What do you make of the unmonumenteds or other symbols that are showing up in the early and late April 1994 USGS photos?

(working for the week, so thank you in advance)

She is a nurse...that much was proven.

Back in April or May 2011, some members wanted to take that route but IIRC we were reminded that she and others who had not been named by any MSS were not to be sleuthed. If we were going to speak on this topic, we would have to do so in a hypothetical manner and use only initials...

So, hypothetically, it seems one could discuss the merits of a woman's motivations, opportunity, medical experience, hobbies... that include the use of burlap and the in-home medical office/table etc.

The possibility of a tag team, with the woman being in charge, once crossed my mind. Something like "if they don't want to be rescued, saved or fixed" then "let's put them out of their misery and clean up the neighborhood while we're at it."

Honestly, this is probably an unlikely scenario, though. But having said that, it is not impossible

Do you know if BH ever worked as a nurse or administrator in a drug rehabilitation facility, specifically for young people?

Where do you think the jacket was lost? Where do you think it is located now? Unrelated question because I know you are a map geek: What do you make of the unmonumenteds or other symbols that are showing up in the early and late April 1994 USGS photos?

(working for the week, so thank you in advance)

I haven't had the time to look at them yet. I just caught alittle bit of that discussion between you and TS.

As for the jacket...I have no idea where it was lost or where it is now. I do find it odd that Colletti recalls it being over SG shoulder, and JB recalls it sitting on the curb near his house. If they are both telling the truth, that would certainly mean SG somehow made her way back to Brewer's AFTER her encounter with Coletti. Possible, but I doubt it. My guess is that either Coletti or Brewer are mistaken. But I honestly don't know.

I haven't had the time to look at them yet. I just caught alittle bit of that discussion between you and TS.

As for the jacket...I have no idea where it was lost or where it is now. I do find it odd that Colletti recalls it being over SG shoulder, and JB recalls it sitting on the curb near his house. If they are both telling the truth, that would certainly mean SG somehow made her way back to Brewer's AFTER her encounter with Coletti. Possible, but I doubt it. My guess is that either Coletti or Brewer are mistaken. But I honestly don't know.

You never know. There's also the possibility that there was two. One being a jacket, the other more of a sweater.

Do you know if BH ever worked as a nurse or administrator in a drug rehabilitation facility, specifically for young people?
The only thing I know for sure, re: her being a nurse, is that she went to Nursing School.

The only thing I know for sure, re: her being a nurse, is that she went to Nursing School.

I ask because if you google the name of the school where possibly the Asian male attended (Cedu) and the name of another school for troubled youth, up comes BH on the list of staff members. It's probably nothing. It's probably another BH! Who knows? Did they ever find out the unidentified bodies were? Any closer to that? http://www.fornits.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=27357

On the identity of the Asian male, it is probably not the guy missing from the Cedu school, due to the Asian male having missing and bad teeth??? The Cedu was an expensive school; probably parents sending their kids there also made sure that their kids went to a dentist regularly?

On facebook, somebody posted a picture of missing Linda Perricone, suggesting that she might be Jane Doe 6. What do you think?

I ask because if you google the name of the school where possibly the Asian male attended (Cedu) and the name of another school for troubled youth, up comes BH on the list of staff members. It's probably nothing. It's probably another BH! Who knows? Did they ever find out the unidentified bodies were? Any closer to that? http://www.fornits.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=27357

On the identity of the Asian male, it is probably not the guy missing from the Cedu school, due to the Asian male having missing and bad teeth??? The Cedu was an expensive school; probably parents sending their kids there also made sure that their kids went to a dentist regularly?

On facebook, somebody posted a picture of missing Linda Perricone, suggesting that she might be Jane Doe 6. What do you think?

Some thought that his teeth may have been damaged by a brutal beating or attack. As far as the missing Asian male...I'm assuming you mean the student whose family has never given up trying to find? I have never heard if the took his mom or a female family member's DNA to compare it to the UID male. (You are talking about the one found off OP, right and not the Manorville 2003 male?

RE: Linda Perricone...I don't know of her. Can you provide a link for me to her picture?

Some thought that his teeth may have been damaged by a brutal beating or attack. As far as the missing Asian male...I'm assuming you mean the student whose family has never given up trying to find? I have never heard if the took his mom or a female family member's DNA to compare it to the UID male. (You are talking about the one found off OP, right and not the Manorville 2003 male?

RE: Linda Perricone...I don't know of her. Can you provide a link for me to her picture?

no, sorry.

Does anyone know what brand Shannan Gilbert's cellphone was?

I ask because if it was an Iphone, it has some kind of GPS funktion in it that kan tell where she was, her moves, and at what speed she moved etc.

I know because there is a girl missing in Oslo Norway, and they found her iphone and police have said that they are examening her phone for thise detaills and have said that they will find out, her rute just prior to her disappearance, and if she was in a car prior to the iphone was lost by her, or dumped by the abducter.

I remember that LE said that SG's cellphone was in pretty good shape, so I wonder if they have examined the phone for thise kind of information, that if it was an iphone.

And even if it was not an Iphone, what did LE find of information in her cellphone???

LE never shared that as far as I know...

Anyone have the date of when SG's missing person report was filed, who filed it, what police department took the report and what was written down as the last date she was seen and her last known location she was seen?

I am doing research on something and it would be useful to obtain a copy of that report via a FOIL request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa