Share Your Theory: What happened to Hailey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this, though I don't think Hailey was alive when she left the house. I believe BD is one to look the other way regarding SA-- kind of a what's done is done sort of attitude, and after all, putting SA in jail is not going to bring Hailey back. :mad:

Sounds like the Cindy A. treatment.

Except that I don't think ICA has nearly the dirt on her mom that SA may have on BD.

I don't think she was alive when she left the house either, Quiche. But I think the rest of katy's theory sounds very plausible.

I agree with this, though I don't think Hailey was alive when she left the house. I believe BD is one to look the other way regarding SA-- kind of a what's done is done sort of attitude, and after all, putting SA in jail is not going to bring Hailey back. :mad:

BD's attitude prevents her from seeking justice for her daughter doesn't it

I'm not sure there was anything as overt as a full-on assault, although I also think SA is the most likely culprit.

In SA we have someone who is socially immature, feels isolated from his actual peer group and whose few friendships tend to be remote (internet forums) or age-inappropriate (younger cousins, etc). In BD, he finds at last someone who to some degree shares or at least does not object to his interests in horror and role-playing and who seems to defer to him as male presence, rule-maker and so on. Suddenly he is powerful, and in charge.

I expect that, confronted with his various creepy behaviours, SA is likely to have claimed that he was "just joking," or told HD to "lighten up," hoping to invalidate her feeling threatened, uncomfortable, even endangered. Then it all comes to a head: he crosses a line and she calls him on it, perhaps more aggressively or (to his mind) humiliatingly than before. A scuffle ensues; she is injured or dies. Then he scrambles to cover up, and, incredibly, the case is investigated so clumsily that he does, for awhile anyway.

I have no idea what weird codependency or perhaps LE-sponsored strategy is at work in BD's seeming support of and continued contact with SA. But I'm sorry to say that I think HD has been dead for some time, that she will eventually be discovered, and that then charges will be laid. I do not think that SA is a deranged sociopath with a trail of bodies behind him or a criminal mastermind who has been able to outwit LE and searchers.

I think this will turn out much like the Powell case and some others: a nasty but largely unpremeditated crime followed by a cover-up that is two parts dumb luck and one part investigative failure. A nasty, depressing, unnecessary crime.

IMHO, of course.

s

I believe HD & DD witnesed alot of various behaviors that were extreme in nature, from both adults in the home.
Drugs and lust played a major role in the extremes of overtly sexual, can't keep your hands off to agressively loud taunting fits of rage, jelousy, manipultion and control.

DD and especially HD were uncomfortable with all the drama
and tried to be out of the home at major hours both adults were home. No doubt both the children spoke up...however they were dismissed and that topic was dropped. Mommy was happy even if they weren't...get used to it...The End.

Both adults in the home spent a significant amount of energy emeshed in one another that the children of the hometook care of themselves and their own basic needs.

SA and his peacock chest used his control over the reltionship with BD to keep the children in line. I can almost see SA hugging BD really really close smiling at the children with amusement...if they looked at anything, with pleading eyes.

I believe the behaviors of the adults in the home was so atrocious with secret "sexual" skeletons that magnified over the course of their relationship, progressing to a horrific set of calculating actions, leading to the forced disappearance and cover-up of a precious child named Hailey.

Just my Opinion & theory...and I pray I'm wrong

WHERE IS HAILEY

I think she died on the infamous wandering couch, either from a drug overdose or having been strangled to keep her from reporting sexual assault or the drug and other unhealthy habits of the adults in the house. I think she is "not in the house," but very possibly under the house or under the flooring in the shed.

I think both adult inhabitants of the house at the time are aware that she is dead. I'm not ready to make a call on whether both were directly involved in her demise or whether one is responsible and the other is covering for various reasons. They both seem to have enough "dirt" on the other to keep them quiet. They both also seem perfectly capable of convincing the other that it was an accident. They both also seem capable of emotional manipulation, i.e., "Turning me in won't bring her back, and you will be without my love if I go to prison."

I believe HD & DD witnesed alot of various behaviors that were extreme in nature, from both adults in the home.
Drugs and lust played a major role in the extremes of overtly sexual, can't keep your hands off to agressively loud taunting fits of rage, jelousy, manipultion and control.

DD and especially HD were uncomfortable with all the drama
and tried to be out of the home at major hours both adults were home. No doubt both the children spoke up...however they were dismissed and that topic was dropped. Mommy was happy even if they weren't...get used to it...The End.

Both adults in the home spent a significant amount of energy emeshed in one another that the children of the hometook care of themselves and their own basic needs.

SA and his peacock chest used his control over the reltionship with BD to keep the children in line. I can almost see SA hugging BD really really close smiling at the children with amusement...if they looked at anything, with pleading eyes.

I believe the behaviors of the adults in the home was so atrocious with secret "sexual" skeletons that magnified over the course of their relationship, progressing to a horrific set of calculating actions, leading to the forced disappearance and cover-up of a precious child named Hailey.

Just my Opinion & theory...and I pray I'm wrong

WHERE IS HAILEY

There is no way Hailey felt safe showering and changing her clothes at home after BD allowed SA into their home. Hailey was beginning to mature physically and I imagine Hailey felt extremely anxious undressing while SA was around. JMO

My theory revolves around SA being one suspect. I do not see the facts that we know of adding up to a single perp. I believe LE has the evidence they need to tie SA in to the crime but they have missing or incomplete evidence to make a secure case for arrests.

I have followed this case from the first thread. My initial reaction watching BD on the first interview made me feel that she was in denial and acting oddly, she just didnt show the terror or fear of not knowing where Hailey was. I just can't get that out of my head.
SA on the other hand is a "perfectly obvious" perp. His gory interests, his quitting his job, the failed LDT, and quickly lawyered up. All "guilt" appears to be pointing his way. We can even rationalize that he had motive. But, SA dates older women. Could he be punishing BD for her actions by killing or hiding Hailey?

Theory: Taken out of her own room that night with the tv going, which was still going the next morning. Same thing as my theory about Haleigh C. Attacked outside the home.

There is no way Hailey felt safe showering and changing her clothes at home after BD allowed SA into their home. Hailey was beginning to mature physically and I imagine Hailey felt extremely anxious undressing while SA was around. JMO

I completely agree. When I saw the school video and Christmas pictures she seemed to me to be a girl who felt anxious about her new body changes.

In my mind, in my heart, I struggle to protect this poor girl, it was so not fair. I have a sick feeling of dread that HD was deliberately drugged, and SA got a chance to act out his fantasies. I don't even want to go there - imagining what those might have been.
BD was either high as a kite or just a cheering spectator. I think that when it was over, both SA and BD realized that they had to cover up their crime, and perhaps SA took her somewhere to an isolated place where he could silence her permanently then, or where he could return later for a bit of un-witnessed ugliness before strangling her and taking her somewhere else for "disposal". Because of the vast amount of territory where he knew of good hiding places, she may never be discovered. If she is found, it may be purely by accident, but not for a long tong time.
I have to admit that I have hated reading theories about what could have happened to her. I wish that she could have lived a normal life in a normal town with a normal family where every day was safe, and boringly normal. There is no "normal" anymore, and no more belief in fairy tales and happily ever after. What has happened? I know that every time something horrific happens to a child and the details are released to the media, I think "that was the worst", and then another happens that is uglier.

My most recent theory is possibly that the suspect has no clue what has really happened to Hailey, beyond she is gone now....and the chosen lifestyle is only adding fuel to the fire...and the smoke is thick.

I don't know if Hailey is alive or not, but my theory right now is that she was lured away from the house by someone she knew and trusted. I do not think Billie was/is involved in any way.

Theory:

Don’t have all the details Ironed out but these are some thoughts…

Maybe What sparked it: Hailey wanting to stay out in the living room to watch TV or Sleep, and/or leave to go to her father’s house.
Hailey did not want to live in that house, For Many Good Reasons.

Estimated Time: Dec 26th around 9:30 pm – 1:00 am

Aggravating Factors: People under the influence of Drugs and/or coming down from drugs, Jealousy, Self Centered, Anger, Lust.

Where: In the Living Room, On the Couch.

Secondary Location: Hailey’s Bedroom

Final Location:?

Perpetrator/ Perpetrators: :ziplip:

This is for your theory on what happened. Make sure your theory makes some sense in regards to what we know about this case. And do not make statements that people who are not named as suspects have harmed her. If that's the theory you have, then you need to pass on this thread.

:bump:

Theory 1:
Hailey overdosed on drugs on the evening of 12/26, on the couch in the living room of her mother's home. Whether she did so accidentally or by choice, I'm undecided. She was desperately unhappy in her mother's home and felt trapped. Shawn Adkins disposed of the body per the direction of another adult. The drugs Hailey ingested belonged to these 2 adults and the attempt to cover up the death has escalated and snow balled out of control.

Theory 2:
Hailey was taken, alive, from her mother's home by force because of something that was already done or something she threatened to do. Shawn Adkins and another adult very close to Hailey felt threatened by Hailey starting to open up about her home life to others and arranged for her to be taken somewhere until such time as they felt the threat had passed. They did not expect anyone to doubt that she was abducted and/or ranaway and the cover-up has escalated and snowballed out of control. Accomplices are involved.

I am not sure which thread to post this is bit since it is a theory of mine I'll put it here.
The 2:00pm text to MB...
said WYD- correct? I know there were a few people that thought it meant "What you doing" but were confused because typically a teen uses "u" for you not a "y" - so I looked up slang text acronyms WYD
http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=WYD

never crossed my mind but I know some have questioned if SA or BD had sent the text. MB didn't respond either way, but could ot have meant WHO's Your Daddy? as if SA maybe did send toHD through MB as a way to deliver a message/threat? to HD ? or to taunt her? IDK
my thoughts only!
android posted please excuse typos

I would like to know if any of HD's teachers were questioned by LE. I also wonder who at school (besides maybe a friend) HD confided in.

This is more of a theory about what led up to this. I think the suspect is so addicted to horror, gore, & crime, that he planned this out, in an effort to live out his own crime fantasy. His speech about loving Hailey with all his heart, was a dead ringer, for Misty Croslin's 'that little girl' speech. I think he studied true crime shows, read the blogs, etc...until he had it planned out, even down to what he'd say to reporters. & I think the cheerleader thing, plays into that real life, horror movie fantasy.I don't see one original aspect, in this case, & I think the whole thing was premeditated & an ellaborate copy cat crime...probably a murder. MOO.

Theory: Taken out of her own room that night with the tv going, which was still going the next morning. Same thing as my theory about Haleigh C. Attacked outside the home.

I think this is possible. I mean, apparently the house was never locked, broken windows, little adult supervision in the house, etc.. But then, why did Shawn say he saw her at 3 p.m. on Monday (unless it's not a stranger who took her out of the house)? If this theory is correct, LE either thinks Shawn took her and lied or Shawn knows who or why she was taken and lied. Shawn wants everyone to think Hailey was fine and left the house on Monday afternoon, so there's no way he's not involved if she was taken by someone on Sunday night...

Any theory should be based on facts or alledged facts. This is what we know:

1) HD was observed by the neighbor hairdresser on the monday during the day. She was also apparently seen by other people as well, but let us accept the hairdressers claims as the most important sighting for now.
2) A text message was sent to MB from BD's phone at around 2, and presumably the phone was at home. It is not known who sent that message but it obviously could not have been SA or BD.
3) SA's phone places him at or near his mother's residence at around 2.40PM.
4) DD arrived home at around 4PM with a friend, met SA there, and remained there.

If all of that is true then if SA harmed HD, and disposed of the body, it would have had to have all occurred in the time frame from when he arrived back in CC. Assuming 35-45 minutes traveling time, he would have arrived back home at the earliest sometime between 3:15 and 3:25. This in turn would leave him with 35-45 minutes to do all of these things: (a) have some sort of altercation; (b) attack her; (c) dispose of the evidence so well that nothing has been found; (d) clean up so well that there was no trace of anything suspicious in the house.

The chances of all that happening in 35-45 minutes is improbable, which leaves us with the possibility that he is telling the truth, that he arrived home and shortly afterwards she left to go to her fathers house with the claimed intention of setting something up with MB. SA did have an unusual day, but that could be just coincidence and it doesn't negate the other facts.

The question then is what happened to her after that and we simply don't know because there is nothing known. SOMEONE knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa