Presumed Located NC - Shawn Christopher Sampson, 33, Robeson County, 23 May 2018

doodles1211

Reaction score
056L00003VN0.JPG

"Gender: Male DOB: 09/08/1984 Age: 33 Race: Indian Height: 6' 1" Weight: 205 pounds

Hair Color: brown Hair Length: medium Eye Color: brown

Clothing Description:
black t-shirt, blue jeans, flip flops

Reporting Law Enforcement Agency: Robeson County Sheriff's Office

Contact Information: G. Leggett at 910-671-3170

Location of Incident: 2442 Tom M Rd, Rowland, NC 28383

Location Last Seen: 2442 Tom M Rd, Rowland, NC 28383"

NCDPS - Silver Alert - Active Alerts

Presume it was resolved when cancelled and he is not the body found

@Darling136 I believe Silver Alerts automatically expire after a set number of days so it's not always an indication the person was found just because the alert was canceled. That said, I can find no other info about Shawn being missing. Hopefully he was found.

@Darling136 I believe Silver Alerts automatically expire after a set number of days so it's not always an indication the person was found just because the alert was canceled. That said, I can find no other info about Shawn being missing. Hopefully he was found.
Up to now i have not seen a NCDPS alert that has expired, but some other ones i am with you.

Up to now i have not seen a NCDPS alert that has expired, but some other ones i am with you.

It might be different in different states, I'm not sure.
I just know I have seen cases where the alert was canceled but the person remained missing.

ETA: Here is an example form NC: Silver Alert inactive, man still missing
But they were clear that the alert expired after 90 days and the man was still missing.

So I guess canceled probably means found most of the time or they would say if he was still missing. (I hope)

JMO.

Last edited:
Local NC law-enforcement explained to me sometime ago that silver alerts do expire, or are active for only a set period of time ( maybe 2 weeks?) and then are removed unless local LE alerts NCDPS to keep the alert active.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back