Sheila and Katherine Lyon-sisters missing since 1975 - #2

Is the case still open? Maybe more specifically, have authorities ruled out ever finding their bodies? I was wondering if the documentary might have stirred someone's conscience and might compel them to finally say something. Or maybe it made things worse for LLW2 (with his fellow inamtes) and he'd gladly exchange more info for, I don't know, prison privileges? My hope is that the girls' remains can be found and brought home before their parents pass away. Though I'm sure their brothers will never give up, either.

Is the case still open? Maybe more specifically, have authorities ruled out ever finding their bodies? I was wondering if the documentary might have stirred someone's conscience and might compel them to finally say something. Or maybe it made things worse for LLW2 (with his fellow inamtes) and he'd gladly exchange more info for, I don't know, prison privileges? My hope is that the girls' remains can be found and brought home before their parents pass away. Though I'm sure their brothers will never give up, either.

Reading _The Last Stone_ now. Interesting book, definitely. It doesn't say anything about why they released the Long Hair Man sketch awhile before they named LLW as a POI/suspect.

I really think there is more to tell about how they found Lloyd than just his statement magically appearing.

I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on the idea of a conspiracy by some in LE. I mean, how does the ONE piece of physical evidence to possibly tie the crime to Taylor's Mountain...just disappear the day after it was found? It doesn't take a vast conspiracy for that to happen, just one person who has relatives on the mountain (what are the odds at least one person in LE in Bedford doesn't?)

While one person has been convicted after pleading guilty of the abduction and murder of Katherine and Sheila Lyon, the case is far from "solved".

The girls' bodies have never been located, recovered, or identified. Many questions remain.

Who was the Tape Recorder Man? How did he figure into the crime?

Why did LE withhold from the public the sketch of the Long Haired Man for 40 years?

Who was the person who contacted the Lyon family to demand a 10 thousand dollar ransom? Was it Welch?

So much of what LE has stated in their narration of how things occurred sounds like early informant stories about Raymond Mileski. How did he play in the eventual identification of Lloyd Lee Welch, Jr.? How was Mileski involved? Who else was involved?

Investigators have expressed beliefs that several other persons were involved in the girl's disappearance and likely murder - but only one was named as a person of interest, and no charges were filed against him.

The case remains open to further investigation.

Last edited:
Extremely thankful he was tried and convicted. When my mother was a teenager, I’m guessing around 17-18, a member of that family tried to abduct her when she got off the school bus. Would have been around 1951-1952.

Thank you for sharing that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back