Shelly Miscavige - Wife of David Miscavige

Wow. This is news to me. So the LAPD didn’t even go to gold base OR bring this woman in to the police station to verify her identity. The LAPD allowing their officers to meet with a possible missing person at a COFFEE SHOP is ridiculous. The officers’ taking/accepting bad fingerprints from this woman is ridiculous. The coffee shop’s surveillance tapes being scrambled is ridiculous. The LAPD requesting the tapes A WEEK LATER is ridiculous.

The FBI needs to step in. Shelly is still missing and could be presumed dead. I think this should be an abduction/murder investigation.

Also, no coffee cup evidence for DNA testing? Pffft, Cory Palka didn’t even try…

Leah Remini is suing Scientology.

Leah Remini is suing Scientology.

So this could be their ‘dirty little secrets’

I wonder if she could truly find joy and happiness in life if she were free to leave after the likely brainwashing she’s experienced most of her life? I’ve seen documentaries of other religious cults and the struggles many seem to experience after leaving with people often expressing their desire to return and some who actually do return because that’s the only life they know. Not sure if this makes sense or not.

I wonder if she could truly find joy and happiness in life if she were free to leave after the likely brainwashing she’s experienced most of her life? I’ve seen documentaries of other religious cults and the struggles many seem to experience after leaving with people often expressing their desire to return and some who actually do return because that’s the only life they know. Not sure if this makes sense or not.
Leaving the cult would be incredibly difficult - Imagine being out on the street without education, without a job or professional employment history, penniless, and homeless. Every friend you had is now forbidden from associating with you or supporting you in any way. You will be stalked online and in person. All of these policies were designed by $cientology to make it impossible to leave.

Shelly has been involved in the cult since childhood (her mom was already a member), so I would imagine it would be especially difficult to navigate the world without the benefit of a public school education. Remini was only able to reach an 8th grade level, herself.

I think with help from The Aftermath Foundation, it's possible to survive and thrive after $cientology.

For anyone interested in what life is like for those who become disillusioned with Scientology after being born and raised inside of it and literally knowing nothing about what life is like outside of it, I highly recommend the book Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape by Jenna Miscavige Hill. She's David Miscavige's niece. Many of her immediate family members have also left the church, but many others have not. I personally believe the former members who choose to go back or refuse to leave do so because they can't bear to lose the family members they've left behind.

Book Synopsis:
Jenna Miscavige Hill, niece of Church of Scientology leader David Miscavige, was raised as a Scientologist but left the controversial religion in 2005. In Beyond Belief, she shares her true story of life inside the upper ranks of the sect, details her experiences as a member Sea Org—the church's highest ministry, speaks of her "disconnection" from family outside of the organization, and tells the story of her ultimate escape.

Piercing the veil of secrecy that has long shrouded the world of Scientology, this insider reveals unprecedented firsthand knowledge of the religion, its obscure rituals, and its mysterious leader—David Miscavige. From her prolonged separation from her parents as a small child to being indoctrinated to serve the greater good of the Church, from her lack of personal freedoms to the organization's emphasis on celebrity recruitment, Jenna goes behind the scenes of Scientology's oppressive and alienating culture, detailing an environment rooted in control in which the most devoted followers often face the harshest punishments when they fall out of line. Addressing some of the Church's most notorious practices in startling detail, she also describes a childhood of isolation and neglect—a childhood that, painful as it was, prepared her for a tough life in the Church's most devoted order, the Sea Org.

Despite this hardship, it is only when her family approaches dissolution and her world begins to unravel that she is finally able to see the patterns of stifling conformity and psychological control that have ruled her life. Faced with a heartbreaking choice, she mounts a courageous escape, but not before being put through the ultimate test of family, faith, and love. At once captivating and disturbing, Beyond Belief is an eye-opening exploration of the limits of religion and the lengths to which one woman went to break free.

Appears to me that the chief, himself, is either a Scientologist, on Scientology's payroll or both.
I think it’s a pretty well-known fact that Scientology donates large sums of money to LAPD charities and those of other law enforcement agencies in areas with large Scientology populations. They also frequently gift officers with tickets to special Hollywood events like movie premieres and charity dinners where the guest of honor is a renowned Hollywood Scientologist. While the Chief and his officers may not be on Scientology’s payroll, per se, they certainly get kickbacks and benefits for choosing to look the other way.

L Ron Hubbard was an extremely narcissistic man (and quite possibly a bit psychotic), but he was also intelligent. Indeed, he found a way to generate a great deal of wealth that couldn’t be taxed by throwing together pieces of his science-fiction novels and calling it religion. The leaders of Scientology are well-versed in the art of utilizing legal loopholes to get what they want and have been doing it for decades.

Snipped...
...And, according to one of his closest lieutenants, he 'exiled' his wife Shelly seemingly without a second thought because he was 'done with her.'

...But according to Brisker, he saw Shelly in 2008 – a year after she supposedly vanished.

He said: 'Shelly's not missing, and she's not being held prisoner anywhere, that's my honest belief.'

Instead, he is certain, she is living in Scientology's secretive bunker-like base in the mountain town of Crestline, California.

Last edited:
The people I find most reprehensible are the celebs that lend credence to the Scientology organization by way of star power: Greta VanSusteran and her poisonous husband, Cruise, etc.

Those folks will never experience what the rank and file will. They never do, inside or outside of Scientology. They are so narcissistic that I’m sure it either doesn’t occur to them that those without the immensely privileged lives they lead might be treated entirely differently. Or, they don’t care. It really makes no difference. In the long run, they are the most evil in my mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back