Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never saw the video. I missed that! I must say that is pretty sick and twisted to laugh about strangling an animal. :eek:

Thank Goodness. I don't trust those Inquests after what happened with Kathleen Savio. I noticed the reporter didn't bring up what a botched job they did in her case.

In IL the house would be marital property and divided in a divorce whether Sheri's name was on the deed or not. The only benefit to having Sheri's name removed would come into play upon her death, especially if boys were dead as well. If Sheri's name were on the deed it would be possible for her immediate family to claim part of the house in probate court. The same applies to the vehicles.

CC intended to end the marriage but not by divorce. It appears that he underestimated MCS and Sheri's family. I would bet that a wrongful death suit never entered his mind.

According to my attorney, if it is the marital home, and only one party is on the deed, the entire home goes to the other party in the event of the death of either. (ie if only my spouse is on our deed, and he died, it will not go to his other heirs, but, all the marital home would go to me. ) This does not apply to any secondary residences or other property. And again, according to my attorney, being on the deed just makes it easier. If both not on the deed, the party not on the deed could face a battle with someone (like a child from a prior marriage) but, the surviving spouse (not on the deed) would prevail.

But on the day of the Prelim, in court, the defense can waive their right to a prelim - basically saying they concur that there is enough evidence for a trial. This would serve the purpose of not having the State put on the evidence then they have to convince the judge there is enough to have a trial.

I can't wait until this has the Guilty charge! :behindbar

Have we heard anything else about Tara?

Sheri could be heard laughing in the background on the video. How soon that is conveniently forgotten. :mad: There were comments about Sheri's laughing in the background and her sense of humor was termed "weird" ... way back in some of the original threads.
Hmmm..... I don't recall anything about hearing Sheri's laughter in the background of the video....... do you happen to have a link handy?

No linky, no thinky.

But on the day of the Prelim, in court, the defense can waive their right to a prelim - basically saying they concur that there is enough evidence for a trial. This would serve the purpose of not having the State put on the evidence then they have to convince the judge there is enough to have a trial.
Thanks! I guess I forgot that part. :blowkiss: (I have only taken WS Law 101 and have not passed the WS bar yet. LOL)

Hmmm..... I don't recall anything about hearing Sheri's laughter in the background of the video....... do you happen to have a link handy?

No linky, no thinky.

I'm fairly certain after reading the link referenced that the original comment was taken out of context. SC did not laugh in the video. (BTW I see that the link has been removed.)
The person who made the comment about SC's sense of humor only said that she'd heard SC had a sense of humor. Nothing wrong with that.

BBM - I love your comment! I may have to go around saying that for the rest of the day!

According to my attorney, if it is the marital home, and only one party is on the deed, the entire home goes to the other party in the event of the death of either. (ie if only my spouse is on our deed, and he died, it will not go to his other heirs, but, all the marital home would go to me. ) This does not apply to any secondary residences or other property. And again, according to my attorney, being on the deed just makes it easier. If both not on the deed, the party not on the deed could face a battle with someone (like a child from a prior marriage) but, the surviving spouse (not on the deed) would prevail.

True but if the children are also dead then it does leave an opportunity open to existing immediate family. A small window of opportunity but perhaps one that CC didn't want left open. That is if he even knew about it. CC miscalculated so many things in his plan that it really is hard to know for sure what he was thinking.

True but if the children are also dead then it does leave an opportunity open to existing immediate family. A small window of opportunity but perhaps one that CC didn't want left open. That is if he even knew about it. CC miscalculated so many things in his plan that it really is hard to know for sure what he was thinking.

I don't think he WAS thinking with his big head IYKWIM! :crazy:

That is what I think - that CC made erroneous assumptions. Many people apparently think that name off or not on the deed, means all rights of that person are gone. Now, if someone is on the deed during the marriage, and then takes their name off, I am not sure just how that will play out in court/probate court.

The children wouldn't have anything to do with it. The marital home is considered joint and sole interest goes to the surviving spouse. Heirs of the dead spouse don't have any interest in it, as long as there is one of the spouses surviving.

Hi all! Newbie here and I must say a frustrated one! There have been so many posts I wanted to reply to and now that I can all I have to say is Hey!

http://media.bnd.com/smedia/2009/05/20/12/ColemanCharges.source.prod_affiliate.98.pdf

Bail denied based upon 725 ILCS 5/110-4(b) which reads:

(b) A person seeking release on bail who is charged with a capital offense or an offense for which a sentence of life imprisonment may be imposed shall not be bailable until a hearing is held wherein such person has the burden of demonstrating that the proof of his guilt is not evident and the presumption is not great.

http://law.onecle.com/illinois/725ilcs5/110-4.html

Hi all! Newbie here and I must say a frustrated one! There have been so many posts I wanted to reply to and now that I can all I have to say is Hey!

i88806406_84742.gif

Your first post made me LOL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members