Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt8

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that's just it. We would all like to hear both sides, many here have asked for something, ANYTHING to support this claim of innocence yet there is nothing but crickets.

Normally when one states they believe someone guilty or innocent they will provide insight into this belief.

I said normally.

And it isn't because they aren't still here, they were just playing PM games a little bit ago................

BBM - I have already been through this with that particular person......so, for my own sanity, I'm not going there!!! :bang:

BBM - I have already been through this with that particular person......so, for my own sanity, I'm not going there!!! :bang:

Indeed, analytically speaking, it's just not worth analyzing or going there!!!!:)

Where or when did we first hear of the saran wrap? This is the first I heard of it - and I can't understand the purpose of it unless he wrapped it around their heads to facilitate strangling them. But I'm sure they would have put up quite a fight - that innate fight or flight response.
Geez - I can't believe anyone could do that - it hurts just to type it.

Last night on this site was the first time I heard about it. Since then, I asked a a few others about it. No one heard of Saran Wrap specifically. But, a couple of people did say that they had heard speculation that something was on the boy's bodies - specifically across their faces or over their heads. So the speculation is that they were smothered with plastic or it might have been put on after strangling them.

To be fair, anything is possible in this case and the suspect that has been arrested. I am a person, to be honest, that has my own opinion concerning guilt and question the reasons as to "why". I very much love to discuss the difference of opinion because it may shed a thought that I may not have considered. To question another is not to challenge their own thought, but to ask the why they may believe differently than I do. *That* is good stuff. It may not sway me away from my own beliefs, but it does make for wonderful and enlightening discussion. It should never be be made personal/ Just a great "chat" between members.

:)

I very much love to discuss the difference of opinion because it may shed a thought that I may not have considered. To question another is not to challenge their own thought, but to ask the why they may believe differently than I do. *That* is good stuff. It may not sway me away from my own beliefs, but it does make for wonderful and enlightening discussion. It should never be be made personal/ Just a great "chat" between members.

Yowza! But we've yet to be enlightened.:rolleyes:

To be fair, anything is possible in this case and the suspect that has been arrested. I am a person, to be honest, that has my own opinion concerning guilt and question the reasons as to "why". I very much love to discuss the difference of opinion because it may shed a thought that I may not have considered. To question another is not to challenge their own thought, but to ask the why they may believe differently than I do. *That* is good stuff. It may not sway me away from my own beliefs, but it does make for wonderful and enlightening discussion. It should never be be made personal/ Just a great "chat" between members.

ITA OL!!! I believe most of us are here to discuss and examine all the possibilities. At this point, I don't think anything presented would seem any stranger than the saran wrap rumor! Since CC's defenders have been completely silent, I would LOVE to hear some insight into his possible defense from anyone who cares to share!

But I don't believe that will happen....

Hello Rockman,

Good to see your fine self today! About the following, I am not asking "who" (in particular) the sources of the info are, but rather if these would be people who you might trust to have legitimate info?

Last night on this site was the first time I heard about it. Since then, I asked a a few others about it. No one heard of Saran Wrap specifically. But, a couple of people did say that they had heard speculation that something was on the boy's bodies - specifically across their faces or over their heads. So the speculation is that they were smothered with plastic or it might have been put on after strangling them.

ITA OL!!! I believe most of us are here to discuss and examine all the possibilities. At this point, I don't think anything presented would seem any stranger than the saran wrap rumor! Since CC's defenders have been completely silent, I would LOVE to hear some insight into his possible defense from anyone who cares to share!

But I don't believe that will happen....

IMO most of us would like to hear the reasons someone could believe CC is innocent - meaning, we would like to see what we are (or are not) missing. However, when you ask, and then are bullied by PM instead of given a real answer (as I was), makes you kind of go hmmmm..... Those who do believe in his innocence have that right and I realize they don't owe ME an explanation. I WISH I could see something that would make me question his guilt - it's especially painful to imagine the last seconds of the kids' lives. Somehow, it would be easier believing it wasn't their daddy who did it.

I'm not sure how many posters on here still believe he is innocent.....but it would be interesting to hear their opinions, not just "he is innocent".

To me, CC is a child only a mother could love........

Hallo All,

Well, anybody here that is particularly knowledgeable about what might occur at the preliminary hearing tomorrow? How might things go?

W

Hallo All,

Well, anybody here that is particularly knowledgeable about what might occur at the preliminary hearing tomorrow? How might things go?

W

I'm on pins and needles - wish I could be there to see for myself. I'm wondering how much info will get into the news........

For whoever can be there - I'm jealous (and eternally grateful for any info you can share)! :)

Hello Rockman,

Good to see your fine self today! About the following, I am not asking "who" (in particular) the sources of the info are, but rather if these would be people who you might trust to have legitimate info?

I don't know any of the individuals personally.

Edit - I believe I have been directed to not disclose any additional info. Therefore, I have edited this post.

We are here to discuss facts and theories, NOT EACH OTHER. So don't do it in any way, shape or form.

I'm on pins and needles - wish I could be there to see for myself. I'm wondering how much info will get into the news........

For whoever can be there - I'm jealous (and eternally grateful for any info you can share)! :)

Same here. It is my understanding the hearing starts at 10 AM CST. Like you, I appreciate any and all reports by attendees.

Same here. It is my understanding the hearing starts at 10 AM CST. Like you, I appreciate any and all reports by attendees.
I had a babysitter lined up so that I could attend, but she flaked on me earlier this evening. :banghead:

Hello Who Knew,

I was just starting to look on the internet for what might occur tomorrow. Evidently, there are at least several major things...

1. Prosecution will "argue that they have enough evidence in the case to go to trial." (check out this article on another prelim coming)

2. Defense will try to kill the case. [ugh!]

Witnesses may be heard. Defense will try to find out what the prosecution has.

The case must be brought to trial in a limited amount of time:

>>Because Coleman is being held without bond, the case must be brought to trial within 90 days instead of the typical 120 days. If the case has not gone to trial within 90 days, bail must be set, according to law.<<

My hope is that there is no chance in hell that bail will be set. My other hope is something brought up in the case I mentioned above, i.e. perhaps they will "ultimately push for a plea deal in the interest of discretion." I could feel okay about a plea deal that let the murderer eat one or two more jail house dinners before he gets sent to life in prison, without the possibility of parole, or death row.

But what kind of sparks fly at things like this? We have so many trial watchers...what are some of the oddball things they have seen at prelims of such as this.

Woah...

I was thinking, how long can a prelim last when I tripped across the case of Sara Smart, alleged murderer her step father who had evidently (by someone) been reported to have been molesting her for years and threatened to kill others in the way that this girl was found killed.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=10428661

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=124565&threadid=2046728

While I'm looking at this Coleman case, I trip across Sara's case, and it sure seems like we need to kick into prayer and do whatever could be done to bring justice to Sara. Is this crime being discussed on WS?

Analytical, I do not want to discuss you. However, I am most interested in discussing your facts and theories on why you believe CC is innocent. Thanks in advance!

Dorkette that I am...10 AM CST would be 11 AM EST. Right? It's just after 11 PM here and my brain stopped working at 9 PM EST. Hey, it happens. Often. :D

Analytical, I do not want to discuss you. However, I am most interested in discussing your facts and theories on why you believe CC is innocent. Thanks in advance!

This has been rehashed over and over .. initially when I first came here.

LET IT REST!! I'm weary of the personal attacks and sarcastic remarks (from Sal, who knew?, TCO) that have filled this page today!

I have not asked any of you to back up some of your very strange and bizarre theories and I won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member