Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy All,

Got any thoughts on these things... In the search warrants:

Page 18, KD-5 ... anyone want to brainstorm this part:

>>... , Galls law enforcement magazine (found in storage room in northeast basement of 2854 Robert Dr.)<<

I'm heading to look at the webpage for Galls...

Also...same page, KH-7

>> ... Taser Citizen Training DVD, ...<<

Does anyone know much about tasing? When someone is hit with one, do they shout? What happens?

I can ask a few of the officers tomorrow about the tasing. Every now and then at the jail I work at someone has to be tasered but I've never seen it when it's happened. From everything I've understood, it affects the person so fast they really don't have the chance to yell before they drop.

VB

Hello Y'all,

I decided to cruise Chris Hayes notes on the prelim again (thanks Chris!)

These can be found here -- if you have not read them yet.

Puting the thinking cap on, Who Knew :) BTW, you look pretty cute in yours -- is that a tassle I see hanging from the back? :crazy:

I'm hoping all of you other late night sleuthers, will slip your cap on and brain with me too :)

I think the opportunity misspelling is key. How would a phantom stalker know CC didn't know how to spell that word? In my mind that takes away any chance that someone else had access to his pc and typed the threats.

I can ask a few of the officers tomorrow about the tasing. Every now and then at the jail I work at someone has to be tasered but I've never seen it when it's happened. From everything I've understood, it affects the person so fast they really don't have the chance to yell before they drop.

VB

The "don't taze me bro" guy did a lot of yelling. That was the video of the college student who wouldn't leave the library and was tazed by campus police. It used to be on YouTube.

Hello All,

Bluesnotes, that was very cool what was done for those children. Wasn't that Sheri's family who presented it to the children? Is that correct?

Knox, you asked (and thanks for the taser video, educational):
>>One other thing to consider, didn't someone say CC made dinner that night? Not sure if we discussed and dismissed that rumor? That would make the deed easier if they were drowsy or straight up asleep.<<

I believe that this was a rumor, but I believe that the rumor began with someone who said they were a friend of Sheri's -- for some reason this rang very true. I can't recall now when we heard that, hmmm... It seems that in addition to that, it was mentioned that he never did the cooking, so it was supposedly an exceptional (like as in rare) event. We also heard a rumor that he was at the gym the night before, and "I think" (would have to find it again) working out with one of the children hmmm... Would be interesting to get the truth on these two items. But, the drowsy could have been something put in the food (and/or full stomachs) AND, now that I think of it, working out with one of the kids could have been to wear them out (where they would sleep very soundly). Someone also mentioned Chris was on the front lawn playing with the boys (throwing a football maybe?) the night before... Ugh, wish I had a nice searchable list of all of these things.

On the other hand, the dinner, gym and football (whatever is true), could have just been to put on a good dad show.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear of some type of drug in all of their systems.

Who Knew...
I'm thinking that Sheri was the first one to have her life taken... I don't think Chris would have stood for an adult interrupting his plans. Also...that which appears to be a great deal of rigor mortis noted in Sheri (per Chris Hayes notes), seems to indicate the possibility of her having been first, BUT we are, as yet, unaware of rigor in the little ones or in which order they might have died :(

Bluenotes, seems I saw that shouting "don't taze me bro" thing. Also...as per weighted gloves... I think a punch in the face and a broken jaw could have caused someone to pass out pretty quickly (knock out.)

Vegas Bride, it could be helpful if your friends could tell us if tasing caused shouts in everyone.

My husband and hundreds of our friends have a defibrillator. When they are hit with the 700 volts it packs to their hearts, they are prone to shout (just a shout, or a swear word, etc.) This isn't something that usually continues, it is usually a one time "shocking surprise" shout.

Ewwwwwwww really good point... I had written something up and made a "note to self and investigators" on his spelling of the word "travelling" in the threats -- did that a week or two ago, I believe. Also made a note on his use of "all caps" in the mail box notes -- indicative of someone who used this type of behavior on the internet (all caps being known to be a form of yelling.) I suggested they look to see if Chris used that type of pattern in his emails and other messaging.

BUT...your point really is important, how would the ninja know which word to mispell to try to indicate Chris.

I think the opportunity misspelling is key. How would a phantom stalker know CC didn't know how to spell that word? In my mind that takes away any chance that someone else had access to his pc and typed the threats.

OT:

I am so glad to see you post. I was worried about you. I had no idea where to ask if anyone had heard from you... :crazy: I always read your posts in several threads and the other day I told my husband "SS has not posted in a few days, I am worried" and he was like...you notice that stuff?? LOL

Welcome back!
OT: :blowkiss: Awwww~ Sorry to worry you. It is nice to be missed tho. :) Thanks!!

Tell hubby of course you notice that stuff...you are a great sleuth! LOL

You are right. There is no way someone else could have written the threat.

Thinking about the posting earlier today and also about Chris Hayes notes:

>>The girlfriend reported Coleman saying he planned to divorce Sheri May 5th. Officers found no evidence that was real Joyce Meyer does not employ people who get a divorce."

[Ron Coleman and his wife looked at each other at this point, smiling and shaking their heads in such away that they thought this was ridiculous.]<<

I'm sure that all of those who were in court could not write down everything that they heard/saw and still keep up with things if they had no laptop in court.

I'm wondering if any of those who were at the prelim saw heads bow, or tissues come out, or people start trembling on the CC side of the audience as they heard things like the time of death mentioned, the rigor status of Sheri, the ligature marks on all of them, their appearance when found, and the evidence found on Gavin. Did they show any reaction when they learned that the first threat evolved from CC's computer and was sent via his air card? Did they get shookup when they heard that the neighbor's video surveillance didn't see anyone else going to or coming from that house. Or about the hand writing samples were probably the same as that on the wall. Or about the abrasion lie?

Was the evidence so overwhelming, or their desire for delusion so high, that they "mocked" at this one, possibly questionable, divorce point?

Did they smile and shake their heads in disdain when they heard that there was no way that Sheri was alive and sleeping when Chris left at 5:43AM as he told LE?

Any of our people who were at the prelim have any comments on their behaviors during the black and white stuff?

I am appalled about the way his family acted in the courtroom. Smiling and laughing?! This tells me everything I need to know about his father. What a disgusting display! :furious:

Good morning to all!

Have I lost my mind, or did someone post way back on an earlier thread about hearing screams from Sheri around 2 a.m.?

No, your mind is intact. IIRC, A neighbor reported hearing a loud argument coming from the home at 3 am. :)

Exactly! I just hope and pray that its not because all of those ministries are not true ministries!!! They wouldn't be able to heed the Spirit if the Spirit didn't dwell among them! So, I'd like to know more about what was going on in those churches! If anyone from those churches is lurking, please enlighten us ~ if only a little bit! This is just gnawing at me like crazy! Thanks!:confused:

I wonder if JM didn't think something was kind of off with Chris but since she had known him since he was a boy she didn't heed what the spirit was trying to tell her. I believe it's harder to discern things in people we are the closest too. Just because we either don't want to see it or we can't believe what we are thinking.JMO

Greetings and G'evening McDraw,

Per whether JMM knew of the threats, Analytical dug up the following reference and, I believe edited it into one of their messages (end of page 8 this thread, I believe) -- perhaps you didn't see it after the edit? Did you see the following?

Edited to fix this link:
From the article here:

>>Mike Cole, an employee of Joyce Meyer Ministries, in April "provided a list of names as well as photos of people that have threatened Coleman and other Joyce Meyer Ministries employees and who Coleman stated he believed could be responsible for the threats" the Coleman family had received.<<

Note the part that says "who Coleman stated he believed could be responsible for the threats." Coleman knew he was writing the so-called threats, but obviously formed a list to point a finger at others who could possibly be doing this terrible thing.

Check this SW out, bottom of page 18:

>>TM-1 (1) one sealed envelope containing misc. paperwork from basement office including sales orders for executive innovations, inmate letters to Joyce Meyers taken from basement office at 2854 Robert Dr.<<

Some of us have wondered if CC rummaged through those inmate letters to find someone to implicate as a possible writer of the so-called threats. CC would have had to dig up someone who was no longer incarcerated, I might guess.

Wrinkles,

Thanks for reminding me. I remember reading all of that now. I had just forgotten. I certainly believe he was looking for someone to blame this on. I just wonder with him being in security and all, why he wouldn't have considered time of death and where the evidence trail would lead.

I am appalled about the way his family acted in the courtroom. Smiling and laughing?! This tells me everything I need to know about his father. What a disgusting display! :furious:

SS, I think their behavior in the courtroom is an "up in the air" opinion. I've been emailing a local off the board who went there and they said they didn't think they behaved out of the ordinary. They were "pleasant" and "well-mannered". They even said they didn't act any different than other families act in serious situations. We chatted about how our family acted during my sister's hospice days...strained, but trying to keep a "stiff upper lip", as it were...:blowkiss:

Hello Kimster, CountryGirl, RollinOn86 and other prelim observers

Kimster, about the person with whom you are communicating about the prelim, is this a close personal friend? i.e. would this be someone with whom you have been and observed a situation before and both of you observed basically the same things? In other words, do you fairly well trust the observations of this person to be those that you might also have? Also, might this person be someone who has observed really tough court cases before and so could compare observations in the behavior of one set of people, to those of others who have been in similar circumstances?

CountryGirl and RollinOn86, did the two of you have different foci when in the court room, i.e. did one of you tend to watch CC's behavior more than his families or Sheri's family, or vice versa? Or did you continuously shift your attentions? Can you give us an idea of your vantage points? i.e. Was all you could see the back of everyone's heads, could you see their countenances when they turned their heads, head nodding and so on? Were you able to see one family better than the other? etc.

CountryGirl and RollinOn86, could the two of you take some time to review with us your observations on behaviors of the families?

Thinking about the posting earlier today and also about Chris Hayes notes:

>>The girlfriend reported Coleman saying he planned to divorce Sheri May 5th. Officers found no evidence that was real Joyce Meyer does not employ people who get a divorce."

[Ron Coleman and his wife looked at each other at this point, smiling and shaking their heads in such away that they thought this was ridiculous.]<<

Was the evidence so overwhelming, or their desire for delusion so high, that they "mocked" at this one, possibly questionable, divorce point?

Did they smile and shake their heads in disdain when they heard that there was no way that Sheri was alive and sleeping when Chris left at 5:43AM as he told LE?
Wrinkles, I'm convinced that there's some confusion in in parsing this part of Hayes' notes and the Colemans' reactions to it.
>>The girlfriend reported Coleman saying he planned to divorce Sheri May 5th. Officers found no evidence that was real Joyce Meyer does not employ people who get a divorce."<<

I believe, although I haven't emailed Hayes about it, that there's a simple punctuation error here that makes it all make sense. I really think Hayes meant to write it this way:

The girlfriend reported Coleman saying he planned to divorce Sheri May 5th. Officers found no evidence that was real. Joyce Meyer does not employ people who get a divorce."
That's the only way all this makes sense, to be honest. I think it would also explain the Colemans' reaction better. To clarify, I think that Hayes is saying that there was no evidence that CC was filing for divorce, not that there's a question about JMM employing people who get a divorce. I think the Colemans were reacting to the idea of CC filing for divorce to leave his beautiful family for a someone like TL, because that puts him in a less than perfect light.

I suspect the apple doesn't fall far from the (narcissistic) tree.

Just my :twocents:

Good article with information on JMM's divorce policy in the PD today:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/columnists.nsf/keepthefaith/story/5BB1245EEE3DEE1C862575D40008AD3E?OpenDocument

Coleman case brings up question of evangelical divorce
Tim Townsend

06/13/2009

Police involved in the Coleman triple-murder case hit on a thorny theological question this week that goes back to the time of Jesus: Under what circumstances can Christians divorce?

(snippage)

Three former employees of the ministry described the no-divorce policy for the Post-Dispatch, though they couldn't say whether it was a written rule, or just an ingrained part of the Joyce Meyer Ministries culture. They said that people who have already gone through a divorce can be hired to work at the ministry, but that anyone divorced while working at the ministry is let go.

I've been pondering a possibility that has HUGE ramifications and could explain a lot of the Coleman's behaviors. IIRC, reports said that RC was the one who told MCS about TL, correct? Well, what if RC (or his wife) let it slip to SC as well. . .

When I was a young thing in my twenties, I was married to a scoundrel with a wandering eye. His little brother thought I was Princess Leia personified. One day he came knocking on my door (He was about 13 yrs old at the time) and handed me a sealed letter addressed to my husband, from a female living in another state. The had her send it to his mother's house! I debated about opening it for a minute and then cranked up the tea kettle and steamed that sucker open.

I'm wondering if RC, who obviously knew about Tara, thought SC should know. Or, maybe CC had a conversation with his dad about divorcing SC - and RC took it upon himself to "help" in some inexplicable way. . . It would certainly stir up the guilt and denial pot!

Equally disturbing is the possibility that CC HAD confided in JM - possibly alluding to SC being unfaithful to him. . . another way to explain the carnage - say HER psycho lover did it. Did JM, or someone JM talked to, have a conversation with Sheri?

I'm thinking that CC did more to set up the scenario for the divorce in a way that wouldn't cost him his job. . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike