Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised (poll included)

Should Caylee's Memorial Be Televised?

• Yes, it should be televised, locally.

Votes: 19 4.4%
  • Yes, it should be televised, nationally.

Votes: 118 27.1%
  • No. I am concerned about money being made off Caylee.

Votes: 110 25.3%
  • No broadcast. It's private for those attending. No concern of finances exchanging hands.

Votes: 168 38.6%
  • No opinion.

Votes: 20 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They should keep it quiet and under wraps. No spectacle. I find it tacky that they would think of videotaping this...it's not a freaking wedding, it's a memorial service.

Just another act to the circus.

How do you have a "public memorial" without announcing it ??

I think it's up to the press as to if they film & televise 'public' gatherings.

Sure let's hold it under a big top, we can have vendors selling food and Caylee tokens....the family can all ride into the center ring and get out of a clown car. Casey should be allowed to watch and we can all see her reaction on the jumbo tron in the corner. Where in the hell did morals and common sense go with this case???????????????????????
I have a feeling this is going to be a real circus and I wouldn't be surprised to see Caylee memorabilia being sold because I'm sure there's just so many requests for it. :furious:

I don't have a problem with media having access to the public memorial.

I am suspicious of "exclusives".

I oppose using the victim for funds for the murderer's defense. "Exclusive" = somebody getting money. The "exclusive" carrot seems to influence reporting too.

IMO

I voted yes, only because an entire nation searched tirelessly for Caylee and became emotionally involved in her over the months she was missing. I see no harm in allowing those who took second glances at every 2yr old they saw in hopes of finding Caylee, the opportunity to say goodbye via broadcast, since most will be unable to attend the services. However, nobody should profit from the broadcast and it should not be a media spectacle. I don't know how this can really be accomplished....

I voted yes, only because an entire nation searched tirelessly for Caylee and became emotionally involved in her over the months she was missing. I see no harm in allowing those who took second glances at every 2yr old they saw in hopes of finding Caylee, the opportunity to say goodbye via broadcast, since most will be unable to attend the services. However, nobody should profit from the broadcast and it should not be a media spectacle. I don't know how this can really be accomplished....

IMO, it can't be accomplished, that's why I think it is sooooo wrong. We have seen the craziness that follows these people around. For the love of that little Angel....it does not need to be broadcast. I can just see the helicopters hovering now...............

Edited original post to "public memorial." (Unable to modify title of thread) Mods feel free to reword if needed further :)

I seem to remember many crime victims having public memorials ,not funerals per se. Did they make money off of those memorials? Just curious, because that thought never occurred to me when I watched them on tv.

I seem to remember many crime victims having public memorials ,not funerals per se. Did they make money off of those memorials? Just curious, because that thought never occurred to me when I watched them on tv.

When all of the media has access, it is news. President Kennedy's funeral and the televised memorial service for Princess Di are examples.

When one network or specific media group gets "exclusive" rights somebody tied to Caylee's next-of-kin has benefited.

Anna Nicole's and her son Daniel's funerals were exclusives that were bought with $$$$$$$. Somebody paid somebody else for the film/pictures of those.

IMO

You know one of the things that I remember about Princess Dianna's funeral was the silence from the media. If the service is broadcast, I hope that silence will be replicated.

Funny you mention Princess Diana, that was exactly the televised service I was thinking of when I made that remark. :) It was such a lovely service, and one which I bawled my eyes out through. The world and I watched her fairytale wedding when I was a very little girl. I never expected that we would also get to see her Eulogized at such a young age. :( Yes, I agree the media was incredibly respectful that day, and completely silent as is befitting such a somber occasion. I hope to see that same type of deference at Caylee's Public Memorial. I cannot imagine the Church allowing anyone from the media to "stage whisper" blow by blow descriptions of the Memorial to the viewing public. The focus for this Memorial is on healing, and hopefully that is where the focus will remain.

I voted yes....because with the case of so many others that have touched our hearts....(Kelsey, Brooke,...) it is nice to be able to see and "attend" in our hearts.

When all of the media has access, it is news. President Kennedy's funeral and the memorial service for Princess Di are examples.

When one network or specific media group gets "exclusive" rights somebody tied to Caylee's next-of-kin has benefited.

IMO

Didn't Lacey Peterson and her child have a public memorial that was broadcast by the media?

They should keep it quiet and under wraps. No spectacle. I find it tacky that they would think of videotaping this...it's not a freaking wedding, it's a memorial service.

Just another act to the circus.

My thought exactly!

:seeya:

Funeral, no.

Public memorial service, yes. But not an exclusive for any one network, no money changing hands.

Didn't Lacey Peterson and her child have a public memorial that was broadcast by the media?

I am not sure.

I don't object to the media having access.

I DO object to exclusive rights to the event being sold.

I have seen memorial services handled both ways. How I feel about Caylee's memorial being televised depends upon which this is.

When all of the media has access, it is news. President Kennedy's funeral and the memorial service for Princess Di are examples.

IMO

ITA-the concept of "exclusive" rights taints this "public" memorial. How can it be "public" yet "exclusive"?:waitasec:

Sure let's hold it under a big top, we can have vendors selling food and Caylee tokens....the family can all ride into the center ring and get out of a clown car. Casey should be allowed to watch and we can all see her reaction on the jumbo tron in the corner. Where in the hell did morals and common sense go with this case???????????????????????
:clap: you said it sister :clap:

If someone films the funeral will they have exclusive rights the way Inside Edition did to Anna Nicole's funeral?

Besides money there are questions of bias in reporting that seem to go along with "exlusives"...

No one saying 'funeral' being filmed/televised.

This is a "public memorial", & I doubt you can give a media "exclusives" to it.

Funeral, no.

Public memorial service, yes. But not an exclusive for any one network, no money changing hands.

I agree, with a big but-I don't think the memorial should be broadcast if there is ANY chance that that KC, JB, or the A's are receiving any $, either directly or thru some third party.

I also doubt that CA is as in charge of this as the media is stating....JB and KC still have control and I believe they may be letting CA play at deciding things about the service to placate her, but this will be done exactly as JB wishes, to shine the most flavorable light on KC- look for speeches at the memorial about what a wonderful mother KC was, how much she loved Caylee, how heartbroken she is not to be there, etc, etc, etc.....JMO

Wow you sure added to what's being reported....

I read Cindys planning the memorial at a church.

No matter what the A's do, it will indeed be a media circus, however the blame should be placed on the media......you know the media that set up live web cams on the A's house for months.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back