• Both CA and GA

Votes: 96 87.3%
  • Neither one

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single time I sign in here and see the title of this thread I am always tempted to just say:

Absolutely!

Phew, I feel better. :D

YES! They should be charged! PERIOD!

Sounds like a simple answer, but I have a lot of things to do tonight. I promise I will be back tomorrow to give ALL my reasons!

If during the course of KC's murder trial evidence is submitted that confirms GA and/or CA have perjured themselves while under oath then I do believe they should be charged with perjury and prosecuted. If evidence is submitted that confirms they committed other offenses, they should be tried and prosecuted for those as well. Grieving is one thing, knowingly breaking the law to thwart justice is another.

Yes they should be punished to the full extent of the law. I'd like to see them both in jail.
A helpless little girl is murdered by her own mother, and they knew it.
I can tell you this, if my daughter harmed a hair on the head of my little grandchild, she would not look to me or her Father to cover up for her.... would not happen.
They betrayed their grandchild in the most unforgivable way. Then they sold her to ABC.

I just want to ask how many other grieving grandparents get attorneys? Seriously, I have not heard of this before.

...not because I think they've complied w/ the spirit & the letter of the law, rather, because I'm answering the specific question, "..should they be charged?" in practical terms.

I'm a big believer in the theory that you should punish behavior if you expect to ever reduce/eliminate it. That left unchecked, thumbing your nose @ authority just encourages others to do the same. Still...

Since suspecting criminal behavior is separated from proving it by a mountain of manhours and taxpayer expense PLUS the opportunity cost of what those resources would be doing if they weren't assigned to it...I'm inclined in this case to go w/ something someone (Einstein :waitasec:?), once mused,

"The important thing, is to keep the important thing the important thing."

IOW...because I expect that criminally charging G and/or C would have the effect of taking finite resources away from proving Caylee's case...I'll pass.

Saying nothing of the potential to cast the SAO as a desperate, zealous bunch out to victimize the Anthony family whereby handing Casey a single, artificially-created, sympathetic juror. :snooty:

IMHO, you pick your fights...and the fight w/ G and/or C isn't the "important" one. Yes - it is definitely beyond unsettling to think G and/or C might be interfering w/ justice for Caylee. But, in this case, IMHO, the evidence is sooo overwhelming that I'm convinced the impact either G or C could have is marginal @ best. :twocents:

ot for just a second here -

astraea, i just want to say i don't always agree with you, but i really, really appreciate and respect the way you express yourself in your posts. They are never taunting or have the appearance of 'pot-stirring'. They make me think and willing to take time to revisit old docs, depos, etc..i am always willing to reevaluate my stance on a particular view, if someone can show me a good reason to reconsider. Anyway, just wanted to thank you. :)

that's all. Carry on now. :d

thank you thank you thank you

I really disagree with your statement regarding how much GA, and CA loved Caylee. If they loved her so much why didn't they go to court, and get custody of that innocent baby. As per her mother's words KC was an unfit mother, who steals, and lies about everything. Apparently CA was right about KC, because she said, she loved Caylee, and then she murdered her and threw her away in some wooded area for the animals to feed off of. They may not be guilty of a mortal crime, but in the eyes of their maker they could have saved this baby's life, and they know it. Just because CA wears a holy cross around her neck does not mean it will ever erase her sins. As for GA he can get tattoo's of Caylee all over his body, because that makes him feel closer to Caylee, but if that were really the case why would he want to commit suicide? Perhaps, he knew the truth about his killer daughter, and he couldn't stand to be near her. As per GA words he wanted to be with Caylee in Heaven. Well, I doubt KC, GA or CA will ever see Heaven's gates. JMO

I think CA/GA loved Caylee, but not in the way grandparents should. I think Cindy liked the "idea" of Caylee....shopping for cute clothes for her, buying her many toys...a do-over of KC since KC didn't turn out so well. Plus, I think Cindy thought that Caylee made her look "younger"...after all, CA was all about HER (CA) being the "mom" of Caylee, not KC.

OT for just a second here -

Astraea, I just want to say I don't always agree with you, but I REALLY, REALLY appreciate and respect the way you express yourself in your posts. They are never taunting or have the appearance of 'pot-stirring'. They make me think and willing to take time to revisit old docs, depos, etc..I am always willing to reevaluate my stance on a particular view, if someone can show me a good reason to reconsider. Anyway, just wanted to thank you. :)

That's all. Carry on now. :D

I agree. You have a different viewpoint than a lot but don't infuriate me. You make me think. Thanks.

Who wants to bet that after the trial, they buy an RV and head for Costa Rica?

CA stating in her statements and depos that she handed the sticky with the phone number to the lead LE investigator that night in the house. The investigator said CA did not give him that information. I know, you're going to say LE was lying....but if there is no nanny how can there be a telephone number????

And, yes, this one....reporting the car stolen, when it was sitting in their garage.

JMO

It's hard to pick an answer right now but if I was Forced to I'd have to go with no charges for either one. Now, before I get slapped :slap:, I suspect that since CA thought she was crafty enough to give LE the wrong hairbrush when they asked for Caylee's brush, chances are she probably tried similiar stunts and if that's the case she should be held legally accountable for her actions.
After all is said and done I'd say they both will face some degree of legal punishment.

Discovering the car which smelled like death, Caylee's absence for 31 days, having no clue(cough) what KC had been up to, and never, not once sitting KC down and demanding to know the truth and even went further and kept others from talking to her. That's the part of this equation that null and voids any innocence with this crime. IMO

Novice Seeker

OT for just a second here -

Astraea, I just want to say I don't always agree with you, but I REALLY, REALLY appreciate and respect the way you express yourself in your posts. They are never taunting or have the appearance of 'pot-stirring'. They make me think and willing to take time to revisit old docs, depos, etc..I am always willing to reevaluate my stance on a particular view, if someone can show me a good reason to reconsider. Anyway, just wanted to thank you. :)

That's all. Carry on now. :D

I know I am carrying on the O/T (I am very sorry), but somehow I missed this and I wanted to say thank you. I certainly do not intend to stir any pot, nor would I want to taunt anyone. I have been trying to not let my emotions cloud my logic while examining the evidence, but I do understand for some that is very difficult. I know many here have made up their mind, but juror members certainly will not have (at least we hope they havent). It is also hard to pick through what will be presented at trial and what is just "web sleuthing".

Anyway, now I am getting way offtopic when I really just wanted to thank you deeply for that post!

CA stating in her statements and depos that she handed the sticky with the phone number to the lead LE investigator that night in the house. The investigator said CA did not give him that information. I know, you're going to say LE was lying....but if there is no nanny how can there be a telephone number????

And, yes, this one....reporting the car stolen, when it was sitting in their garage.

JMO

How about CA stating that she was looking up chlorophyl because the dog was throwing up and that led to a chloroform search on their computer. She stated this in a depo under oath. If she sticks with that story during the trial that will most likely be perjury and easy tp prove with computer forensics.
One of the many things CA has said and done that can bring charges. IMO

If CA and GA knew in November that Caylee was dead then they were committing fraud.They were collecting money for their foundation to look for Caylee. They showed a picture of a little girl that obviously was not Caylee.They went on Larry King and continued to say Caylee was alive.They said they were following up on new tips while in California.It may not be illegal to lie on TV, but if you are telling the public something you know is not true, and collecting money from the public based on those lies, I bet that IS illegal.JMO
And just two of the many things the Anthony's have done that could bring future charges.

Not to worry Astraea because I would hope there will be a question on the jury questionaire which asks the question: "Have you been a steady blogger on this case?" If you have not blogged most of the evidence will be all new to you. JMO

I know I am carrying on the O/T (I am very sorry), but somehow I missed this and I wanted to say thank you. I certainly do not intend to stir any pot, nor would I want to taunt anyone. I have been trying to not let my emotions cloud my logic while examining the evidence, but I do understand for some that is very difficult. I know many here have made up their mind, but juror members certainly will not have (at least we hope they havent). It is also hard to pick through what will be presented at trial and what is just "web sleuthing".

Anyway, now I am getting way offtopic when I really just wanted to thank you deeply for that post!

There are also some members who have made up their mind that she is innocent, regardless of how much the evidence proves otherwise. We must hope they don't get on a Jury, that would be a terrible miscarriage of justice, don't you think?

There are also some members who have made up their mind that she is innocent, regardless of how much the evidence proves otherwise. We must hope they don't get on a Jury, that would be a terrible miscarriage of justice, don't you think?

I am not sure how this post relates to my post that you quoted. I never stated anything in regards to guilt or innocence here. But to answer your question, yes I do feel that would be a miscarriage of justice.

I am not sure how this post relates to my post that you quoted. I never stated anything in regards to guilt or innocence here. But to answer your question, yes I do feel that would be a miscarriage of justice.

Well maybe I misunderstood? You said " I know many here have made up their mind, but Jury members certainly will not have (at least we hope they haven't)".

Are you referring to people here who have made up their mind she is guilty- or what do you think they have made their minds up about that you hope the Jury has not.... ?

Well maybe I misunderstood? You said " I know many here have made up their mind, but Jury members certainly will not have (at least we hope they haven't)".

Are you referring to people here who have made up their mind she is guilty- or what do you think they have made their minds up about that you hope the Jury has not.... ?

I was referring to both.

So destroying/tamperiing with evidence in the investigation of a child murder does not merit punishment? I think the law says it does. They want exceptions made because they are relatives.. People are punished every day for aiding and abetting, harboring fugitives, same kind of attempts to pervert justice - they are often doing it for family members, and that's not just stupid, it's criminal.

AMEN! Destroying the car evidence alone caused many, many more hours of investigation and IS a crime ... lying to LE and FBI IS a crime ... slander and false accusations are crimes ... although their deceptive media campaign of Caylee is alive may not be punishable, it confirms how deceitful they are and how determined they were to change the direction of the investigation ... and all of there criminal actions and words have been broadcast publicly ... I don't think the authorities have any choice but to prosecute them. JMO

Of course this doesn't even include moneys collected under false pretenses and how that money was handled ... they could be in a lot of trouble there ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26