SIDEBAR #15- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening daisy :seeya:
We always had a Dell PC 'til my older son bought me a Acer. Walmart doesn't have any Dell's that I saw today.
How was your day?
I finally went food shopping this AM before the heat set in :floorlaugh:
I've been looking on-line for reviews for notebooks and I'm getting :scared: with all of them.

This is for you. I'm pretty down on "usage" with IP, so here goes:

White Christmas - Sisters.flv - YouTube

-and the original;

White Christmas - Sisters - YouTube

Acer's are top notch computers. Are you just wanting a larger screen? Ask your son what he suggests and he'll lead you in the right direction. I know nothing about computers so can't help you!

LOVED the sisters youtubes!!

I watched the movie Sliding Doors and thought it had a fascinating premise. It showed how just a simple little change in your life can have such different consequences. Interesting. It got me thinking about fate and destiny.
I don't know if I believe in fate- I think you make your own luck/destiny and that takes a lot of work on your part.

It’s expected for us human beings that when we find ourselves in any type of undesirable circumstance to immediately think back to situations where we could have altered our behavior or decision in order to receive a better outcome. This of course is a necessary measure that needs to be taken because if we don’t learn from our past mistakes how can we effectively avoid repeating the same ones in the future. But one thing we need to accept is that sometimes no matter how well or affectively we strategize our lives, there are always external forces that hand us little and sometimes not so little surprises

=======================================================================

SLIDING DOORS is a study of how a single event in our lives can drastically change our future. This movie explores what would happen if a young British woman, named Helen (Gwyneth Paltrow), just barely caught the subway train traveling home after a difficult day and what would happen if she just missed the train. The movie alternates between these two lives showing the similarities and differences of Helen's two different futures based on that single event.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not believe in predetermined destiny, divine destiny, or even manifest destiny.

Our actions as humans are solely ours to make bases on our evaluations and choices. Of course there is a number of additional outside forces: economy, society, political, your parents, etc....but any claim that something happened "because that's how its supposed to be" is a cop out.

As soon as we are born we are introduced into a world full of assigned meanings and values and most of these are instilled within us, however, through rationalized critical thinking it is up to the individual to decide exactly what they believe (or if they believe anything at all!).

To say that something happened out of fate or for some divine reason takes away from the real human condition of decision-making. We are free to make our own decisions and sometimes this decisions result in good or bad consequences...as a result people build perspective and learn through experience.

Anything good that has happened in your life...congratulations you earned it ! (even if helped)
Anything bad that has happened in your life...congratulations too...you have learned something new.

Sliding Doors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://thecelebritycafe.com/movies/full_review/100.html

Thanks for the movie suggestion, Yes. I just started a "movies to check out" list today, and that is number 3! The other two are "Vantage Point" and "Warm Bodies" (supposedly a funny zombie movie). :smile:

As far as predestination or whatever, I don't know if I should get extensively into my beliefs, but I do believe in karma, i. e., what you do comes back to you. To me, it's a law, like gravity. But I totally agree that we must take full responsibility for our actions, and will, of course, have to live with the results of those actions!

Not a big "destiny" fan, but appreciate the fact that we have free will. :fence:

Before I bought my iPad I bought a notebook... Hated the notebook! My husband came home with an iPad. I played with his and I fell in love! I have mine in an otter box, the top comes off and doubles as a stand. I also have a wireless keyboard and wireless speakers ( bought just for streaming the trial live:)

I'm not exactly sure of the measurements but you can enlarge your screen as big as needed:)

It connects from my wireless router or if you pay alittle more you can connect with 4g like cell phones do.

Everything is synced. If I take a picture using my iphone for example, I can look on my iPad and there it is! I can access mail anywhere, print wirelessly from either device... Look in the cloud using my old dell laptop.

I bought a iPad 2 direct from apple ... I bought my son the iPad 3. For the money... I don't see much difference. I recommend the iPad 2

Linda, Linda- your talk is Japanese to me :floorlaugh: :scared:
Router? 4G? I don't own a cell phone- can't get a signal here in the sticks. I have satellite for the internet that limits my use (according to FCC rules :stormingmad:) and I have the highest "usage" allowance and pay mucho $ for it.
What about that computer from Walmart- the HP Pavillon 17-e049 in my post to you?

Linda, Linda- your talk is Japanese to me :floorlaugh: :scared:
Router? 4G? I don't own a cell phone- can't get a signal here in the sticks. I have satellite for the internet that limits my use (according to FCC rules :stormingmad:) and I have the highest "usage" allowance and pay mucho $ for it.
What about that computer from Walmart- the HP Pavillon 17-e049 in my post to you?

My second computer was a HP... So was my first laptop. Been through a Gateway and an Acer. ( the Acer was special made for Walmart to offer at a low price... That means it was a total piece of crap. IMO the keys popped off and the pad broke in three weeks.

I had really great luck and loved the Dell ... I was a Dell gal for years & years and perfectly happy. Everyone here has a Dell Lap top and we have a desktop in the office.

I'd still be using it and loving it ... If I didn't fall in love with the iPad.

Edited to add... I always ordered my Dells custom straight from their website. They have some screaming deals on there too ( usually)

Acer's are top notch computers. Are you just wanting a larger screen? Ask your son what he suggests and he'll lead you in the right direction. I know nothing about computers so can't help you!

LOVED the sisters youtubes!!

I want a larger screen and more memory and, what's that other thing???,
more storage(?).
Younger son is not as savvy as older son, who lives in NJ. Younger son told me to buy this tiny Acer laptop that I hate. I hate to bother older son about computers- he's always so busy. He was suppose to visit this month, but can't- maybe next month (he's 5 hours away from me).
I'm just as clueless as you, sister :scared: :scared: :scared: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

My second computer was a HP... So was my first laptop. Been through a Gateway and an Acer. ( the Acer was special made for Walmart to offer at a low price... That means it was a total piece of crap. IMO the keys popped off and the pad broke in three weeks.

I had really great luck and loved the Dell ... I was a Dell gal for years & years and perfectly happy. Everyone here has a Dell Lap top and we have a desktop in the office.

I'd still be using it and loving it ... If I didn't fall in love with the iPad.

Edited to add... I always ordered my Dells custom straight from their website. They have some screaming deals on there too ( usually)

Thanks, Linda. :seeya:
I'll look on Dell's website.

Enough about damn computers.
I'm thinking about selling my house and buying a little trailer to put on my older son's land up here (use to be my parents land) about 10 miles from me. Anyone live in a trailer? My son is suppose to, eventually, move up here and build a house on the land (9 acres). There would be no more taxes for me to pay since he pays the taxes on the land.
what do you think? Anyone ever live in a trailer?

It is really a good thing that 12 of us are not on a jury discussing PC's, laptops, iPad's, notebooks, Acer's, Gateway's, Dell's, Mac's, etc. - it'd be a hung jury for sure!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

DHEOF_rcND8

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHEOF_rcND8"]Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home - YouTube[/ame]

RIP Travis

It is really a good thing that 12 of us are not on a jury discussing PC's, laptops, iPad's, notebooks, Acer's, Gateway's, Dell's, Mac's, etc. - it'd be a hung jury for sure!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

For sure on that :floorlaugh:

Yeah....to attend her three minute hearing the Inmate had to get up around 3:30...be taken to a different holding cell and wait around several hours while the other inmates who had court today are gathered. Then they are chained together and put on a nice big bus to go to the courthouse where she waits several more hours in a holding cell until the judge is ready. Then back to wait til 4pm or so til the other ladies are finished

Meanwhile, i suspect Jenny wakes up in her nice home, eats breakfast with her husband takes a warm shower, picks out a dress then gets in her air conditioned Mercedes at 10am to get to the 10:30 hearing.

Einstein Arias :banghead:

Perhaps she spent the time on the bus teaching Spanglish and promoting her new book club.

My big question is, do you have a recipe for those banana quesadillas? They look delicious! :smile:

Thanks, PSM! Speaking of "Dell's":

Prosecutors say Sneiderman manipulated Neuman, who is diagnosed as being bipolar and delusional, into killing her husband November 18, 2010, so she could be with another man, Joseph Dell.
but

When I watched some of the "Hemi" trial, I found Andrea to be very off-putting, but could not readily say whether she was involved directly in the killing. I think the problem was, I didn't find her or him interesting enough to watch enough of the trial to come to an informed opinion.

I think throwing Dell into the mix will make it more - gosh, I don't know how to say that. More compelling? Soap opera-like? Gotta be honest, some trials are more interesting than others. :blushing:

Enough about damn computers.
I'm thinking about selling my house and buying a little trailer to put on my older son's land up here (use to be my parents land) about 10 miles from me. Anyone live in a trailer? My son is suppose to, eventually, move up here and build a house on the land (9 acres). There would be no more taxes for me to pay since he pays the taxes on the land.
what do you think? Anyone ever live in a trailer?

I've never lived in a trailer but it's something for you to consider, especially because you are not in hurricane or tornado territory. I, too, have been thinking about that. Bought a house 3 years ago and am not particularly fond of being a home owner. Too much work! But I am in hurricane territory. Thought about a condo, but then you have condo fees. Thought about selling this house which is paid for, putting all the money in a trust or something, and renting an apt! Or a tent in someone's backyard. :)

Can a trailer hold the weight of a ton of snow?

I've never lived in a trailer but it's something for you to consider, especially because you are not in hurricane or tornado territory. I, too, have been thinking about that. Bought a house 3 years ago and am not particularly fond of being a home owner. Too much work! But I am in hurricane territory. Thought about a condo, but then you have condo fees. Thought about selling this house which is paid for, putting all the money in a trust or something, and renting an apt! Or a tent in someone's backyard. :)

Can a trailer hold the weight of a ton of snow?

Yes, a lot of people live in trailers here and there doesn't seem to be a problem with the snow.
My house will be too big for me when my son leaves and it's 150 year old- needs a new roof now. I have 4 bedrooms, 1 1/2 bathrooms, living room and a palour (sp?), kitchen, attached greenhouse, dining room, basement, and almost 1 acre. A lot to take care of. I've even thought of renting in the senior housing here, but I don't want to have to walk The Queen or if I would be allowed to keep her. I haven't lived in an apartment for so long- don't know if I'd like having so many people around :floorlaugh:. I'm not very social.

Where is everyone? On a different thread?

Yes, a lot of people live in trailers here and there doesn't seem to be a problem with the snow.
My house will be too big for me when my son leaves and it's 150 year old- needs a new roof now. I have 4 bedrooms, 1 1/2 bathrooms, living room and a palour (sp?), kitchen, attached greenhouse, dining room, basement, and almost 1 acre. A lot to take care of. I've even thought of renting in the senior housing here, but I don't want to have to walk The Queen or if I would be allowed to keep her. I haven't lived in an apartment for so long- don't know if I'd like having so many people around :floorlaugh:. I'm not very social.

Give it some more thought - seems like a good idea to me. Parlor? When your son builds maybe they can add a mother-in-law suite for you!

I'm not very social either; anti-social disorder. :floorlaugh:

Give it some more thought - seems like a good idea to me. Parlor? When your son builds maybe they can add a mother-in-law suite for you!

I'm not very social either; anti-social disorder. :floorlaugh:

Yes, "parlor" (I can't spell anymore :floorlaugh:).
I don't want to live with my son and his soon-to-be wife. She's great, but I don't want to be the third wheel and I don't want them bossing me around either- you know, "taking care" of the old lady :floorlaugh:.
I once took a personality test and one of my traits was "anti-social" :floorlaugh:. Just because I like to be alone- doesn't have to be a negative to me. :seeya:
Do you have children, daisy? They seem to treat us like children when we get older- like I haven't lived for 63 years :floorlaugh:. pftttttt :floorlaugh:

Perhaps she spent the time on the bus teaching Spanglish and promoting her new book club.

My big question is, do you have a recipe for those banana quesadillas? They look delicious! :smile:

Yes ma'am

Banana Quesadilla

Ingredients

2 (10-inch) flour tortillas
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 medium banana, thinly sliced
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar, plus more for top
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream, optional--(not really optional)
Caramel sauce, optional

Directions
Preheat pan to medium-high heat.

Brush 1 side of a tortilla with some melted butter. Place the tortilla on the skillet buttered-side down. Arrange the banana slices on the tortilla and top evenly with the chocolate chips. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Place the remaining tortilla on top to cover the bananas. Brush with more butter and sprinkle some brown sugar on top. Grill until the chocolate is melted and the bananas are soft, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Cut into wedges and serve with ice cream and caramel sauce, if desired. Serve immediately

It has been so gross out. This past week Ive been getting up at 5:15 to go on daily bike ride before I go to work. By the time I was finished at around 8:15 it the heat index felt around 95 degrees. Only 3 more days of this...

Yes, "parlor" (I can't spell anymore :floorlaugh:).
I don't want to live with my son and his soon-to-be wife. She's great, but I don't want to be the third wheel and I don't want them bossing me around either- you know, "taking care" of the old lady :floorlaugh:.
I once took a personality test and one of my traits was "anti-social" :floorlaugh:. Just because I like to be alone- doesn't have to be a negative to me. :seeya:
Do you have children, daisy? They seem to treat us like children when we get older- like I haven't lived for 63 years :floorlaugh:. pftttttt :floorlaugh:

No kids and really no family either. I walk these roads of life alone. It's good most of the time but worry about my later years. Have a couple of dear friends nearby if ever needed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebecca.ingram1214@gmail.