SIDEBAR #16- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to be so quiet. I'm cold, then I'm hot, etc. It's time for cherry jello I made today. :)

Hey y'all. Been trying to get caught up. The jokes are great Queen! M, glad you are better. Daisy, my fun flower, hope you feel better! I am so envious of those of you who cook, bake and create good food.

Just was wondering if anyone knew why the KCL thread was locked? Is KCL ok? Is her brother ok? I saw the note from Tricia, but I am worried. Her blog is fabulous and I listen to her every time she is on Tricias radio show. You all are "friends in my head" if you know what I mean.

Yikes, it was locked? I read there occasionally....hope everything is ok. KCL has such an amazing blog, her writing is phenomenal. Such a wonderful woman.

My idea of cooking is throwing a potato in the microwave, so I can't contribute to that part of your post :blushing: . Although, I made a huge pot of pasta salad today that I'll be eating on for the week.

Yum, love cherry jello, it's my favorite flavor. With a little whipped cream or ice cream. Mmmmm.

I love cherry anything! This summer I'm obsessed with sour cherry preserves. I put them on plain Greek Fage yogurt. I also love love love the Blue Bunny cherry chocolate chunk frozen yogurt I found at Wal mart recently.

Hi m :seeya:! What part of Iowa are you from? I lived in Vinton for 5 years when I was very young. Small little town about 30 miles from Cedar Rapids.

I'm in Des Moines....smack-dab in the center of the state. :seeya: I complain about the weather but I really do love it here.

Hey y'all. Been trying to get caught up. The jokes are great Queen! M, glad you are better. Daisy, my fun flower, hope you feel better! I am so envious of those of you who cook, bake and create good food.

Just was wondering if anyone knew why the KCL thread was locked? Is KCL ok? Is her brother ok? I saw the note from Tricia, but I am worried. Her blog is fabulous and I listen to her every time she is on Tricias radio show. You all are "friends in my head" if you know what I mean.

I just read and I think it was closed because the trial is "over," and there really wasn't a need to keep it open. Maybe it'll open up again once the sentencing phase starts? JMO

I'm in Des Moines....smack-dab in the center of the state. :seeya: I complain about the weather but I really do love it here.

I remember early springs, lovely summers, late falls, and mild winters with very little snow. Is it different now? Weather seems to be changing everywhere from what it used to be.

Daisy, mff, there is a virus going around. Hope you feel better.

I am in NC visiting my 81 year old mother who I have not seen since last February... 2012. I don't get out much and my daughter agreed to drive down with me. I haven't ridden more than an hour in a car in 4 years. Well, I95 was bumper to bumper south of DC. I did some of the driving and alarmed my daughter with how I drive.

I drive fast. In my car. However, I took my car to the shop to make sure it was ok for a long trip. The suspension coil was cracked and so it made my car not safe. Well, I have loaded 400lbs. Of horse feed in the trunk of my Mercedes! No one apparently does that. So my car won't be ready till Monday and I had to leave. So I took my husbands Jeep Grand Cherokee. That thing is a beast! And it hauls bu**. Horrible seats for bad back people.

We finally got to a rest stop so we could switch drivers. I open the car door, fell out of the car as my legs were numb, and well, I embarrassed myself. My daughter is just looking at me in disbelief and decides to regale the tale of my misfortune to my other daughter who has probably put it on FB.
8 hours is way too long in a car. But 8 hours is worth every tortured minute just to see my mom Nd sister.

I am going to be spoiled to death by my southern mother. My daughter too! Nothing like our Moms. They remain close at heart, even if yours is living there.

Daisy, mff, there is a virus going around. Hope you feel better.

I am in NC visiting my 81 year old mother who I have not seen since last February... 2012. I don't get out much and my daughter agreed to drive down with me. I haven't ridden more than an hour in a car in 4 years. Well, I95 was bumper to bumper south of DC. I did some of the driving and alarmed my daughter with how I drive.

I drive fast. In my car. However, I took my car to the shop to make sure it was ok for a long trip. The suspension coil was cracked and so it made my car not safe. Well, I have loaded 400lbs. Of horse feed in the trunk of my Mercedes! No one apparently does that. So my car won't be ready till Monday and I had to leave. So I took my husbands Jeep Grand Cherokee. That thing is a beast! And it hauls bu**. Horrible seats for bad back people.

We finally got to a rest stop so we could switch drivers. I open the car door, fell out of the car as my legs were numb, and well, I embarrassed myself. My daughter is just looking at me in disbelief and decides to regale the tale of my misfortune to my other daughter who has probably put it on FB.
8 hours is way too long in a car. But 8 hours is worth every tortured minute just to see my mom Nd sister.

I am going to be spoiled to death by my southern mother. My daughter too! Nothing like our Moms. They remain close at heart, even if yours is living there.
We southern people are the best. Have a great trip!

I just read and I think it was closed because the trial is "over," and there really wasn't a need to keep it open. Maybe it'll open up again once the sentencing phase starts? JMO

Oh thanks for clarifying for me. I hope it does reopen and she blogs more there.i feel better, thanks :seeya:

I remember early springs, lovely summers, late falls, and mild winters with very little snow. Is it different now? Weather seems to be changing everywhere from what it used to be.

It's hit or miss here. Last year we had an very early spring (70's in March) and hardly any snow. This past year we've had a late, rainy spring, (snow in May), and horribly hot temps and dry so far this summer. Gotta love the Midwest :)

Tex Mex you really are a fabulous chef. You put pics up of the most delightful feasts. If you find bits gone, it is not the dog.

As I drove south, the heat and humidity that was so predominant in the Mid Atlantic where you couldn't breathe is gone. The difference was in Richmond and south to Eastern North Carolina. Not what I expected.

Good night! I'm going to watch TV and hopefully fall asleep. Have fun. :seeya:

Oh thanks for clarifying for me. I hope it does reopen and she blogs more there.i feel better, thanks :seeya:

That's just my thought on it, don't take my word!

So I just updated my online dating profile....God help me. lol I really need to get a life.

Thanks Princess for the rib rub. I am saving that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chaucer