SIDEBAR #19- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the docket:

9/25/2013 OBJ - Objection/Opposition. - Party (001) 9/26/2013
NOTE: DEFENDANT'S OBJECTION TO KPHO'S MEDIA REQUEST
9/25/2013 REL - Reply - Party (001) 9/26/2013
NOTE: DEFENDANT'S REPLY; MOTION FOR CHANGE OF VENUE

Article by Michael Kiefer (so take it with a grain of salt). She is apparently meeting with Prosecutors on October 24th for a "settlement conference" at the request of the Court. She has an evidentiary hearing tomorrow which will be sealed.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ors-settlement-conference.html?nclick_check=1

--------------
Princess, thanks so much! I was half asleep this morning but it did sound like today. The picture showed her, up in the corner it said "live" I still wondered as the picture looked like the same from her last appearance. Robin HLN made it sound like today! a while ago I saw the date for Oct. 24.. I figured the message this morning was a come on! From now on I will need other proof!! :banghead: P.S. now they are showing all sorts of carp!Mike is taking phone calls. Did she admit guilt for a plea deal..Maybe its rating time and they are slipping.

I really hope the state doesn't offer a deal or she doesn't accept if they do,the Alexander's want the DP, I want the DP. She deserves nothing less!!!!!

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

-----------
Hi Josie, I want that too but the people of Arizona would rather save the money. They are fed up with spending on her. They are talking about it right now. This has been going on over 5 years, it's time for settlement..LWOP is ok by me. Sigg's trial starts next Wednesday. He committed the murder of Jessica Ridgeway in 2012!!.. Her days are over. As harsh as it sounds the family of the victim does not choose whats to be done. The court often goes along with them as a gesture of kindness but they dont have to. :seeya:

Before I start reading what you all said last night - I forgot to post some stuff!! :floorlaugh:

Anyway, the Huz went to the store yesterday and bought me some Ghost Peeps!! I love Peeps!!

Attachments

• Ghost Peep.jpg
    Ghost Peep.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 6
You learn something new every day!!

*Does red meat beat the blues? A 2012 Australian study found that women who ate between two and four ounces of grass-fed beef or lamb a few times a week were twice as likely to be free to depression or anxiety as those who ate less or more; researchers think it's the omega-3s in the animal's diet.

*Weird reasons you're tipsy so quickly. Unrelated studies show that mixing liquor with diet soda, drinking from a curvy glass, and liking the way a cocktail tastes can all raise blood-alcohol levels.

*How to prolong Smartphone battery life. If you find yourself constantly recharging your device, experts advise closing unused apps, deactivating location services and push notifications, turning off Wi-Fi, and this little-known trick: lowering screen brightness.

*How the Coccyx got its name. Fun trivia about your tailbone: Its name is derived from the Greek word for cuckoo (kokkyx) because the curved shape of the bone resembles the bird's beak. Another body part with a neat-to-know backstory is your glabella, that flat area above your nose and between your eyebrows: Its named for the Latin word for hairless.

:seeya:

and a couple of jokes from Reader's Digest!

*I'm not the easiest guy in the world to get along with. So when our anniversary rolled around, I wanted my wife to know how much I appreciated her tolerating me for the past 20 years. I ordered flowers and told the florist to enclose a card that read, "Thanks for putting up with me so long."
When my wife got the delivery, she called me at work.
"Where are you going?" she asked. "What do you mean?" I said. She read the card aloud as the florist had written it: "Thanks for putting up with. So long."

*On a trip to Sweden, I asked a few people where I could find some good local cuisine. "This is a pretty cosmopolitan city, so you can find just about any kind of international food that you'd like," said one man. "But if you want truly local cuisine, get the meatballs at IKEA."

*While phoning a friend, my grandmother dialed the wrong number. She apologized and tried again, but she got the same number. Once more she hung up and redialed--same result. Now Grandma was frustrated. "Look," she told the person on the other end, "I'm going to call my friend again. This time, don't answer her phone!"

Mods, is it okay to quote from the FB page being used by her family to release information to the public?

Just wanted to share this article. I'm sure glad I'm not in jail. :smile:

Sheriff Joe Arpaio institutes cost-saving, vegetarian meals for inmates
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...--vegetarian-meals-for-inmates-220538735.html

Yum, I don't need meats. Only eat them on occasion. This would be right up my alley!

There's controversy regarding soy foods and hypothyroidism.

I guess I'd still rather have soy than those frozen bad meatballs being discussed.

Reading the article though, I say, at least, wash the carrots better, Sheriff Joe!

There's controversy regarding soy foods and hypothyroidism.

I guess I'd still rather have soy than those frozen bad meatballs being discussed.

Reading the article though, I say, at least, wash the carrots better, Sheriff Joe!

There are lots of health issues with too much soy. I get so confused reading all the articles, so I stick to tofu once or twice a month.

Sheriff Joe is in for a surprise though. To balance out a vegetarian diet with proper amounts and kinds of proteins and vitamins you can go into greater cost than a diet with some meats. In fact, not everyone can be healthy on a properly balanced vegetarian diet, and his first clue will be a lot of irritable inmates, but many health issues will begin to show up.

If he decided that some days are vegetarian, not all days, he may fair better.

Favorite sitcoms?

I haven't watched any of them over the last ten years or more, so mine will show my age and viewing time.

As a kid...Bewitched and I Dream of Jeanie

Mash, Cheers, Tool Time and Scrubs.

I don't think that I've ever watched an entire episode of Seinfeld, but I've heard it was very good.

My apologies to all you Frasier fans...I know nothing about it. :blush:

sorry, never watched Frasier or Seinfeld... :blushing:

BUT doesn't anyone here remember I Married Joan, December Bride, Life of Riley or The Honeymooners??? Loved those! Okay, more recent oldies - Golden Girls was good and I watch MeTV. Just watching Leave it to Beaver and Perry Mason!!

Hi all night-owls (when you come out...) :seeya:

Edited to add: for Halloween:

Attachments

• WitchDecision.jpg
    WitchDecision.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 7
The Laci Peterson case still baffles me. Why not just divorce her? It's way better than death row. Also, on a shallow note, Laci seemed way prettier than Amber Frey. But I do feel for Frey. Imagine dating someone and not only are they married, but a killer.

That's what Sharon Rocha asked him "Why didn't you just divorce her?". IMO he didn't want to pay child support for 18+ years.

I have posted this before but I'm still mad because NancyGrace shows cases and cases
and then we hear nothing more about it like Baby E. it was one week to the day she had the case on her show again and that was one week after the baby was found I only turn it on to see what it is about and I turn it to something else

sorry, never watched Frasier or Seinfeld... :blushing:

BUT doesn't anyone here remember I Married Joan, December Bride, Life of Riley or The Honeymooners??? Loved those! Okay, more recent oldies - Golden Girls was good and I watch MeTV. Just watching Leave it to Beaver and Perry Mason!!

Hi all night-owls (when you come out...) :seeya:

Edited to add: for Halloween:

Yes, Nore, I remember Joan, Riley and Honeymooners - all great shows! Remember Sky King, Hazel, Rifleman .. and so many more!

Hi Daisy and everyone else!!!

I used to love Hazel. My one of favorites was the Beverly Hillbillies. I once watch a BH marathon on TVLand for 8 hours. It was so much fun.

I'm ambivalent about a possible deal. I'm actually against the death penalty. But hypocritically, I'm not against death row for certain criminals.

jodi is one of those.

Sociopathic types like jodi tend to adapt quite well to prison, especially when it's not death row. Regular prison will be a playground for jodi, of people with a host of issues who she can manipulate, which is what she lives for. She will be free to continue her platform of being the victim, to give media interviews, have a twitter account, and to have multiple romantic relationships with various people she will pit against each other.

My old firm hired some women on a work release program (believe it or not). One told me about either Diane Downs or Susan Atkins (i cant remember which), in Chowchilla, who strutted around with a shirt that had her name stenciled across it. She apparently had tons of groupies and "ran" the place. A good manipulator can do that.

I don't need to see jodi executed for her crimes. In fact, I dont think she should be. Although I wouldn't lose much sleep about it. But death row is so much more restrictive and that I do want for her.

I'm ambivalent about a possible deal. I'm actually against the death penalty. But hypocritically, I'm not against death row for certain criminals.

jodi is one of those.

Sociopathic types like jodi tend to adapt quite well to prison, especially when it's not death row. Regular prison will be a playground for jodi, of people with a host of issues who she can manipulate, which is what she lives for. She will be free to continue her platform of being the victim, to give media interviews, have a twitter account, and to have multiple romantic relationships with various people she will pit against each other.

My old firm hired some women on a work release program (believe it or not). One told me about either Diane Downs or Susan Atkins (i cant remember which), in Chowchilla, who strutted around with a shirt that had her name stenciled across it. She apparently had tons of groupies and "ran" the place. A good manipulator can do that.

I don't need to see jodi executed for her crimes. In fact, I dont think she should be. Although I wouldn't lose much sleep about it. But death row is so much more restrictive and that I do want for her.

Gitana1, what is the talk in the legal community about how this will probably play out? Is Bill Montgomery under any pressure one way or the other regarding the retrial of the penalty phase? If this does go to retrial, could it possibly be nastier than the original trial?

That's what Sharon Rocha asked him "Why didn't you just divorce her?". IMO he didn't want to pay child support for 18+ years.

You know, I actually think it had more to do with maintaining the golden boy image he had with his parents and siblings.

jodi is one of those.

Gitana, I agree with you totally. Would CMJA be placed in restricted custody or whatever it is called for several years? I thought I read that privileges would have to be earned when she goes to Perryville and that included being around other inmates. I truly don't believe she will fare well in Perryville despite being a master manipulator. I imagine it is going to be a rude awakening, but that is coming from my perspective. I worry about Steven Alexander and his sisters going through another mini trial. I personally would love to see her get LWOP just to be done with her, the piece of garbage that she is. Jmv :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damnthatsux