SIDEBAR #21- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20131024jodi-arias-files-motions-fire-attorney.html

Community » Mesa » Article
Jodi Arias files motions to fire lead attorney Kirk Nurmi

OH my, this coming from a murderer.
Arias writes that Nurmi has an “utter poverty of people skills,” and “has little to no tolerance for my emotional and psychological shortcomings.”

SHE Admitted that she has short comings?
Ugh where is this leading???
Is she going to claim he didn't represent her fairly?
Claim he tried to "touch " her?

I have a bad feeling she just may get a "do over "
Please tell me I'm wrong!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

FYI to everyone who wondered about the "no provision for parole" issue. Apparently, AZ's "Truth in Sentencing" laws, effective 1994, abolished parole for everyone committing a crime after that time. Who knew? (Well, probably all the criminal lawyers, lol.) I can't find any AZ case assessing whether this was constitutional, but it probably is...UNLESS someone is given a sentence after 1994 that specifically says they are eligible for parole after X number of years. Then I think, as JM said, that person would have a right to FORCE the state to consider their application for parole after X years.

BUT when I look at the capital case sentencing statutes, they do NOT say that the "25-to-life" sentence means the defendant is eligible for parole after 25 years. They say, "If the defendant is sentenced to life, the defendant shall not be released on any basis until the completion of the service of twenty-five calendar years..." That, to me, does NOT grant the right to apply for parole. It just says that IF parole is ever an option in AZ again, then the defendant CANNOT get parole until 25 years are served.

So I think JM was wrong about this. He was arguing as though the sentence would be "life with eligibility for parole after 25 years" instead of "life with NO eligibility for parole until at least after 25 years."

Nurmi did try to object when JM was presenting this, but Judge Stephens overruled him. I remember that part of the trial very well.

SHE Admitted that she has short comings?
Ugh where is this leading???
Is she going to claim he didn't represent her fairly?
Claim he tried to "touch " her?

I have a bad feeling she just may get a "do over "
Please tell me I'm wrong!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Heaven forbid it.
IDK, but she has something up that jailhouse sleeve.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20131024jodi-arias-files-motions-fire-attorney.html

Arias writes that Nurmi has an “utter poverty of people skills,” and “has little to no tolerance for my emotional and psychological shortcomings.”

This is very, very interesting especially considering the source. Michael Kiefer, to be precise.

This filing is not even reflected on the court docket, yet Kiefer has knowledge of the precise language of the 12 page handwritten document?

Hmmm...Mr. Kiefer, something is really rotten in Denmark when it comes to you, your reporting and this trial.

KCL will be livid when she learns of this.

Good. I am glad Juan and the Alexanders did not take a plea.

Justice for Travis!

I'm going to post the entire Kiefer article, as I have a feeling this might disappear from the web. He's yanked things before.

By Michael Kiefer The Republic | azcentral.com Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:35 PM

Jodi Arias, who has been convicted of first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her boyfriend, Travis Alexander, but has not yet been sentenced, filed motions in Maricopa County Superior Court Tuesday to fire her main defense attorney.

Arias said in a 12-page handwritten narrative that her lead attorney, Kirk Nurmi, had not seen her since May 23, the day the jury reached an impasse on whether to sentence her to life or death. She claimed that she attempted to fire him in June as well, but Judge Sherry Stephens did not grant her request.

Arias writes that Nurmi has an “utter poverty of people skills,” and “has little to no tolerance for my emotional and psychological shortcomings.” She offered, as an example, her emotional reaction when the defense played in open court a lurid recording of a phone call between Arias and Alexander; Arias said she wanted the tape to be played in a closed courtroom only to the jury and not to the general public.

More at link.

This is very, very interesting especially considering the source. Michael Kiefer, to be precise.

This filing is not even reflected on the court docket, yet Kiefer has knowledge of the precise language of the 12 page handwritten document?

Hmmm...Mr. Kiefer, something is really rotten in Denmark when it comes to you, your reporting and this trial.

KCL will be livid when she learns of this.

Chris Williams ✔ @chriswnews

CLIPS: #JodiArias handwritten request to fire atty Kirk Nurmi. #Phoenix #TravisAlexander more @ 5 on… http://instagram.com/p/f3U3PiqUqc/
Retweeted by Meadow wolf

You can see bits and pieces of her handwritten motion/letter in the instagram.

I read the hand written letter she wrote the judge when Nurmi was trying to quit and she was pleading with the judge to not let him, how much she needed him, her life depended on it, blah blah. That was before she was convicted, of course, I guess things are different now and he is also expendable.

I read the hand written letter she wrote the judge when Nurmi was trying to quit and she was pleading with the judge to not let him, how much she needed him, her life depended on it, blah blah. That was before she was convicted, of course, I guess things are different now and he is also expendable.

Just as bad as her saying she wants to DP, then nope she doesn't.

Jodi just being her manipulative self whenever she sees fit.

She was "overwhelmed" when got convicted of 1st Degree Murder, because there was no "premeditation". Gas cans? Going under the radar while in AZ?

I guess she believes everyone is a fool.

I'm going to post the entire Kiefer article, as I have a feeling this might disappear from the web. He's yanked things before.

By Michael Kiefer The Republic | azcentral.com Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:35 PM

Jodi Arias, who has been convicted of first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her boyfriend, Travis Alexander, but has not yet been sentenced, filed motions in Maricopa County Superior Court Tuesday to fire her main defense attorney.

Arias said in a 12-page handwritten narrative that her lead attorney, Kirk Nurmi, had not seen her since May 23, the day the jury reached an impasse on whether to sentence her to life or death. She claimed that she attempted to fire him in June as well, but Judge Sherry Stephens did not grant her request.

Arias writes that Nurmi has an “utter poverty of people skills,” and “has little to no tolerance for my emotional and psychological shortcomings.” She offered, as an example, her emotional reaction when the defense played in open court a lurid recording of a phone call between Arias and Alexander; Arias said she wanted the tape to be played in a closed courtroom only to the jury and not to the general public.

More at link.

Thank you so much for posting this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Waaaaa...he doesn't understand my psychological shortcoming?! That is genuinely incredibly funny! A poverty of people skills? LMAO. Wonder if murder counts as evidence of a poverty of people skills?

And the taking 12 pages to say what probably could be said in 2 sounds just like her MO.

Adding....I love Montgomery's quote that her case wasn't important enough to warrant his involvement. :D

Waaaaa...he doesn't understand my psychological shortcoming?! That is genuinely incredibly funny! A poverty of people skills? LMAO. Wonder if murder counts as evidence of a poverty of people skills?

And the taking 12 pages to say what probably could be said in 2 sounds just like her MO.

A lawyer is not there to soothe you. That's what Dr.'s are for.

I guess when he advised her to not interview post-verdict; Jodi has a lack of listening skills and a rebel to boot. :scared:

Do you have a link to that letter? Thanks!

And just how much time does little missy think she is entitled to spend with her lawyers?

Maybe this handwritten "motion" is the reason that there was ice between her and counsel during that September hearing. Remember how they barely spoke?

I'd be very curious to find out just how Michael Kiefer got this breaking story. Either he is seeing CMJA directly in jail, or he's acting as an intermediary who is seeing her. Remember who got the interview with Darryl Brewer after the no-show for the mitigation phase...you guessed it...Michael Kiefer.

As for Chris Williams instagram pix of the motion, I have to believe that he got the picture from Kiefer, just by looking at the times that news was breaking.

1374909_10151986090784493_904157719_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member