SIDEBAR #22- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am listening to Christmas music at work via the internet. Celine Dion hurts my ears.
I think I am too 'country' for Celine. Ouch my ears hurt.

I love her too:)
Pitch black at 8 am? How can that be? :(

Guess we're all trying to get our last minute Christmas preps done. I've got to go get the ingredients for my Texas Trash and some other things as well. Christmas shopping is fun except for the horrible traffic and crowds. . At least we're blessed with a beautiful day, 50 degrees with sunshine :) Storms are moving in by the weekend though so I've gotta get going. Have a great day everyone! :seeya:

Josie is in Scotland and they are pretty far North. So I guess it must be still dark in Scotland at 8am their time? Josie is this true?

Josie is in Scotland and they are pretty far North. So I guess it must be still dark in Scotland at 8am their time? Josie is this true?

Hi LC ! You ready for Christmas? :christmastree:

I'm from Alberta and yes, it is still dark at 8 am at this time of the year. Today, the official sunrise time was 8:44 am (MST) and the sun will set around 4:15 pm this afternoon. So basically you go to work when it's dark and go home when it's dark (we consume a lot of Vitamin D in these parts during winter :D). In July however, the sun rises around 5:00 am and sets around 10:00 pm at night.

This is a great article about this trial and the circus like atmosphere around it: http://www.allthingscrimeblog.com/2013/12/18/the-infamous-trial-of-candy-crush/
I agree with the circus-like atmosphere around the trial, but that was because Jodi never met a camera she (or her various body parts) didn't like. Otherwise, I found the author of this piece to be very biased in favour of Jodi. I mean she described the knife wounds on Travis' back as 'superficial'. There is nothing ever superficial about 27 stab wounds. She totally lost me when she referred to Laviolette as a 'well-respected domestic violence expert'. :floorlaugh: She also referred to the 'haters', one of Jodi's favorite terms, so there you have it. (No offense intended to the person who posted the link.) :twocents:

This is a great article about this trial and the circus like atmosphere around it: http://www.allthingscrimeblog.com/2013/12/18/the-infamous-trial-of-candy-crush/

I agree with the circus-like atmosphere around the trial, but that was because Jodi never met a camera she (or her various body parts) didn't like. Otherwise, I found the author of this piece to be very biased in favour of Jodi. I mean she described the knife wounds on Travis' back as 'superficial'. There is nothing ever superficial about 27 stab wounds. She totally lost me when she referred to Laviolette as a 'well-respected domestic violence expert'. :floorlaugh: She also referred to the 'haters', one of Jodi's favorite terms, so there you have it. (No offense intended to the person who posted the link.) :twocents:

She wrote: "...the ones on his back were more superficial..."

She is correct. There are different levels of penetration regarding stab wounds. Here is the autopsy report if anybody is interested and has not read it before.

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/redactedtravisautopsy.pdf

its dark by half 3/4pm and still dark til about half 8 in the morning. its so depressing.

now we have 80+ mph winds....i hate wind,such a scardy cat :floorlaugh:

i have read some horrible horrible things from cases on here and on another forum but this,iain watkins case has really disturbed me.

do not read if you want to stay calm
http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/Documents/Judgments/r-v-watkins-and-others.pdf

really surprised this is out there,not often you get these documents over here

its dark by half 3/4pm and still dark til about half 8 in the morning. its so depressing.

i have read some horrible horrible things from cases on here and on another forum but this,iain watkins case has really disturbed me.

http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/Documents/Judgments/r-v-watkins-and-others.pdf

I read the judgement document and was absolutely horrified. I can't get over the relatively light sentences these 3 received. I had not heard of this case and unfortunately I think there are far more cases like this that we don't hear about. Very very disturbing indeed. As a mom, I do not understand women who would violate their own babies and toddlers. OMG.

Oh! I just read about his sentencing.
HOW had I never heard anything about this case?
And HOW did he only get 29 years (which he likely will not serve all of).
I can only hope people like him are treated the same in UK prisons as they are in the US. And I usually am sickened by jailhouse violence, but in this guys case it is practically required.

I have to get Josie's post out of my head. Just wanted to know if the weather has impacted anybody's Christmas shopping? And I would love to know what you all have asked Santa for this year. I know all of you have been very NICE and only a little naughty when nobody was looking!

I come here often but just to read. As that was all time has permitted as of late. I luv to see and read the kinship that has been formed. So a silver ling has come from a horrific crime. I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday now matter how you celebrate. My Family is a bit fractured right now. For the first time ever in my 56 years. We are making the best of it. And the beat goes on....

Just saw that there is a thread dedicated to the case Josie was talking about. So I won't post any more about it on this thread. I yearn for the light hearted banter we have shared!

She wrote: "...the ones on his back were more superficial..."

She is correct. There are different levels of penetration regarding stab wounds. Here is the autopsy report if anybody is interested and has not read it before.

http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/redactedtravisautopsy.pdf

I don't think JA was correct by a long shot. Superficial means close to the surface such as being consistent with scrapes or scratches. The ME's report list them under "sharp forced injuries" and stab wounds. Some were not deep because she hit his rib and back bones. "Wounds displayed blunt and sharply incised ends." All wounds (on his back) impacted ribs and the lateral aspects of his vertebral bone. Some wounds were not deep as his chest's wounds because she hit bone. Not exactly what I would describe as "superficial". Not even his defensive wounds were superficial. Where does she come up with this stuff? Most people can't get past the fact that she cut his throat from ear to ear. jmo

I come here often but just to read. As that was all time has permitted as of late. I luv to see and read the kinship that has been formed. So a silver ling has come from a horrific crime. I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas, Happy Holiday now matter how you celebrate. My Family is a bit fractured right now. For the first time ever in my 56 years. We are making the best of it. And the beat goes on....

Mine too Bravo. Making the best of it is exhausting, and I wish I could just sleep from now until 12/26. Things were so much easier when my kids were little.

Thanks Mrs. G. This is one wordy journalist. What I take away from her article is that she obviously opposes our justice system and our freedom of speech, and that's she's a stout defendant advocate and sympathizer, regardless of the crime committed. Of course she's entitled to her opinion, but I think she may be outvoted. :rolleyes:

So some of the less deadly wounds that Travis suffered were technically "superficial". Why, because she hit bone? Well, the wounds that killed him were in no way superficial, such as the near decapitating slash to his throat. So what is her point, that the "superficial" wounds were a mere accident and result of anatomy? And a failure on CMJA's part in her attempts to take Travis' life. Ok. :scared:

And to the crux of the issue, what does any of this author's whining pity and complaining about the trial, have to do with the vicious and violent nature of this crime. She just goes on, and on, and on, and on. :scared: I just couldn't continue reading, she lost me somewhere in her vitriolic rampage. It would have been equivalent to subjecting myself to a whining, spoiled brat having a temper tantrum.

This journalist is always going to side with the defendant, regardless of how heinous the crime, imo. Her issue seems to be that she believes that televising and making the trial public compromises and makes it more difficult for the defendant to get away with murder. Imo, she doesn't understand the principle of accountability, i.e., justice. She doesn't understand that it has nothing to do with being placating, indulgent, enabling, or empowering the murderer. It has to do with empowering the victim and their family. And, about protecting our society from people like Jodi Arias. That's justice. :moo:

I don't think JA was correct by a long shot. Superficial means close to the surface such as being consistent with scrapes or scratches. The ME's report list them under "sharp forced injuries" and stab wounds. Some were not deep because she hit his rib and back bones. "Wounds displayed blunt and sharply incised ends." All wounds (on his back) impacted ribs and the lateral aspects of his vertebral bone. Some wounds were not deep as his chest's wounds because she hit bone. Not exactly what I would describe as "superficial". Not even his defensive wounds were superficial. Where does she come up with this stuff? Most people can't get past the fact that she cut his throat from ear to ear. jmo

Yes, yes, and yes. Thank you LambChop.

Mine too Bravo. Making the best of it is exhausting, and I wish I could just sleep from now until 12/26. Things were so much easier when my kids were little.

Yes they were sigh...... It is exhausting since I have to hold 2 Xmas dinners now. We made it clear this will be the only holiday that we will accommodate until the 2 adult Children resolve. They never have ever had an argument to date in their lives. Who da thunk now. We always thought we had it easy peasy. Smart choices. Good Professional careers. Bang. Hit the wall. Hubby and I were devastated. It is what it is. Like I said the beat goes on.....

Oh and just to add. As much as our Children are not speaking. Hubby and I are cranking the tunes and rocking around the Xmas tree. Yet deep down our hearts are a bit heavy. Thank gawd for our Partners that pull us up when needed. I want to sleep for a week too LOL. Recently my Supervisors van was broken into. They stole our Agency keys amongst other things. She new I was going into the Office that morning to do some data early and would be alone. Gave me a heads up. Police involved all was good as far as safety. I said too bad I would welcome a kidnap right now so I could sleep LOL. No disrespect intended to Victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa