SIDEBAR #28- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
So she has until tomorrow noon to get JM her witness information?

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 6m
BREAKING: #JodiArias objects to cameras in the courtroom. I, for one, am shocked.

It's been the media motioning for the cameras, she just doesn't want to look like a moron in front of the whole world with her courtroom pretense of being 'a lawyer'.

I don't know, geevee. I'm not sure she's capable of seeing herself as a moron. IMO this is just part of her delusion that she'd have gotten off if it weren't for those darn cameras.

Many thanks to you, YesOrNo and everybody else -- having trouble with my Thanks button again.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 10m
#JodiArias - Kirk Nurmi asks that interviews be scheduled when he can attend in case he once again takes over. No go. @michaelbkiefer

LinTX & YesorNo - does "no go" mean the judge ruled against him? How could this impact her defense if she gives up (again)? I can't believe we are in the place we are in now. (at least there will be another trial for the sentencing unlike CMA)

It's been the media motioning for the cameras, she just doesn't want to look like a moron in front of the whole world with her courtroom pretense of being 'a lawyer'.

:seeya: TY, geevee !

Yes, the media wants cameras ... ratings = $$$

Now this is JMO, but I think JA wants those cameras because she knows this is her final act ... and of course, it will be an epic fail !

:moo:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1h
Casey Anthony Judge Retires, Joins Private Firm http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/casey-anthony-judge-retires-joins-private-firm/ …

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/casey-anthony-judge-retires-joins-private-firm/

Casey-Anthony-July-7-2011-photo-AP-Orlando-Sentinel-POOL-.jpg

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 10m
#JodiArias - Kirk Nurmi asks that interviews be scheduled when he can attend in case he once again takes over. No go. @michaelbkiefer

Wow. and, ........wow.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 39s
Witness interview has been rescheduled to tomorrow #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m
#jodiarias hair is down and we are beginning

BBM: I knew it ... she will NEVER cut that mane of hers !

Again, THANKS to all for these updates !!!

:seeya:

If the killer/defendant/counsel refuses to comply with the court order, what can they do to her? Sanctions? What does that mean for a person in her position? Contempt of court? That is usually a day or two in jail, isn't it?

How will the court enforce its orders of the defendant and keep this proceeding moving along at even a snail's pace? What recourse is there to make her do something when she stomps her foot and says NO?

Jodi objects to cameras because they have already done too much damage.

Yep...cameras in the courtroom resulted in a guilty verdict for a murderer.

They must have used a different model than was used in that other state with that other killer.

Jodi objects to cameras because they have already done too much damage.

Yep...cameras in the courtroom resulted in a guilty verdict for a murderer.

They must have used a different model than was used in that other state with that other killer.
BBM - Yeah, and a completely different model than the ones used for Jodi's multiple interviews before and after her conviction. :facepalm:

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 11m
A hearing on whether or not delayed video can be broadcast day to day in #JodiArias case will be held on 9-15.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 7m
Court PIO says #jodiarias video hearing will begin at 830 am. If I'm betting, I say day of video allowed. My opinion.

If the killer/defendant/counsel refuses to comply with the court order, what can they do to her? Sanctions? What does that mean for a person in her position? Contempt of court? That is usually a day or two in jail, isn't it?

How will the court enforce its orders of the defendant and keep this proceeding moving along at even a snail's pace? What recourse is there to make her do something when she stomps her foot and says NO?

If she doesn't turn over contact info, JSS can preclude her witnesses from testifying.

And if she defies the court again tomorrow this brazenly I think she won't even make it to voir dire.

#jodiarias OMG, Can JS just get a backbone & tell her this is THE PENALTY PHASE NOT A RETRIAL!!

So the woman that purchased Travis' home will be forced to have multiple strangers enter and view her entire house? I feel sorry for her and her family too.

If she doesn't turn over contact info, JSS can preclude her witnesses from testifying.

And if she defies the court again tomorrow this brazenly I think she won't even make it to voir dire.

Yes, this time the judge has recourse. But what all about the foot stomping episodes yet to come? JSS may have to acclimate herself to ruling on the spot (today was a good start!) rather than scheduling a future hearing date for each and every tantrum. JMO.

This is 1 request I would have agreed to if I was the judge. We keep hearing about wanting to avoid any possible appeal issues and I think this would be a valid request to help prevent issues down the line.

This judge sometimes floors me.
JMO she lets JA get away with things that I think could have been legally prevented, and then something like this which I see as a valid request that perhaps should have been allowed to avoid any future potential problems.

Oh well. I hope the judge knows best. LOL

One other thing. I take this as a huge RED FLAG that JA has had discussions with her lawyers that she is ready to give them control at the first opportunity as soon as things start to go wrong for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa