SIDEBAR #30- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a point, a 'tick', such as in some type of Tourette's disorder. Just think how many times she must have thought about, obsessed about, practiced this. Before she actually committed this horrific crime. :(

I know what you both are saying....but I sure hope she does not come out during this penalty phase saying she has Tourette's! She has tried so many other things! JMO

Nancy Grace will be in Phoenix tomorrow covering the trial. :)

Nancy Grace will be in Phoenix tomorrow covering the trial. :)

Nancy Grace was excellent during the Scott Peterson trial although she did not have her own show back then. I like her because is a great advocate for victims and in the world of Keifers and Zervakos' we do need that. I just wish people like Nancy who have experience and knowledge would just stick to facts (accurate reporting). That's all we want.

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
10/20/2014 8:00 AM

10/10/2014

ORDER SEALING PLEADING / CAPITAL CASE

The Court having received and considered the State’s Motion to Seal Pleading Filed on
October 10, 2014, and good cause appearing,

IT IS ORDERED granting the Motion and directing the Clerk of the Court to seal the
State’s pleading entitled Objection to Defendant’s Motion to Strike the Death Penalty Due to
Continued State Misconduct, not to be unsealed absent further Order of the Court. All as set
forth in the formal Order signed by the Court October 10, 2014 and filed/entered on October 10,

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/102014/m6536404.pdf

Nancy Grace was excellent during the Scott Peterson trial although she did not have her own show back then. I like her because is a great advocate for victims and in the world of Keifers and Zervakos' we do need that. I just wish people like Nancy who have experience and knowledge would just stick to facts (accurate reporting). That's all we want.

NG has become so mean, mightier than thou sort of attitude. Last week one guest kept saying "you know" and NG kept screaming and cutting this person's mike. She rolls her eyes and allows no other point of view except her own. I abhor the sickening sweet tone that she instantaneously jumps to when attempting to show compassion for someone. It feels so hokey and fake that it makes my skin crawl.

I do like that she will question things that don't make sense, but the guests on her program must be getting paid extra to endure her wrath for bringing up possible scenarios. I still watch the show just to get the tidbits of bombshell tonight's but I hate the one sentence bombshell to be repeated ad nauseum.

How do you think trial coverage will be portrayed?

10/10/2014

The Court having received and considered the State’s Motion to Seal Pleading Filed on

IT IS ORDERED granting the Motion and directing the Clerk of the Court to seal the
State’s pleading entitled Objection to Defendant’s Motion to Strike the Death Penalty Due to
Continued State Misconduct, not to be unsealed absent further Order of the Court. All as set
forth in the formal Order signed by the Court October 10, 2014 and filed/entered on October 10,

What does this actually mean?

NG has become so mean, mightier than thou sort of attitude. Last week one guest kept saying "you know" and NG kept screaming and cutting this person's mike. She rolls her eyes and allows no other point of view except her own. I abhor the sickening sweet tone that she instantaneously jumps to when attempting to show compassion for someone. It feels so hokey and fake that it makes my skin crawl.

I do like that she will question things that don't make sense, but the guests on her program must be getting paid extra to endure her wrath for bringing up possible scenarios. I still watch the show just to get the tidbits of bombshell tonight's but I hate the one sentence bombshell to be repeated ad nauseum.

How do you think trial coverage will be portrayed?

I think it's all an act--or most of it is. NG is not stupid and with her so often coming off as intolerant, well, it does little for her credibility. I can only think that the network is dictating how she has to be and how the show has to go down.

Some people follow NG religiously; I do not, but I can understand and sympathize with those who do in kind of a "forgive them for they know not what they do" fashion.

I would like to see NG in a different venue, without the restraints of the network, and see how she conducts herself. If there is no change I will assume that she is not as bright as I currently give her credit for.

:wave: Hi everyone!! My Niners lost... :tantrum: well, at least Seattle did too! :)

She makes me burn up. She and her defense are so righteous about wanting to sequester, and wanting/needing to know jurors twitter handles and FB info so they can make sure that no-one is reading what they shouldn't, or posting what they shouldn't, and she is doing her level best to put out there crap like this hoping they will read it and have doubts planted in their minds. She makes me so sick.

So... did the jurors have to turn over their twitter handles & FB info?? I didn't hear (read) anything like that on the tweeter postings here?? :waitasec:

:seeya:

What does this actually mean?

It means that Judge Welty sealed the States (JM's) answers/objections to Nurmi's motion on the supposed prosecutor's "misconduct" until further :blah::blah:

I can assume that JM has squashed whatever Nurmi and co. have dreamed up as "prosecutorial misconduct" and the retrial will proceed tomorrow. :rolleyes:

10458314_10204118683507637_2309460563635826473_n.jpg

10/10/2014

BBM

Now I'm confused. I thought it was the defence who wanted the 'Objection to Defendant's Motion to Strike the Death Penalty Due to Continued State Misconduct' sealed.

Where did I hear that?

ETA: Is this then the motion that Arias tried to speak to and JSS sent her off to another judge?

Monica Lindstrom ‏@monicalindstrom 2h2 hours ago
Attorneys are arguing motions today at 1:30 in #JodiArias , as of Friday it was likely the courtroom would be closed

BBM

Now I'm confused. I thought it was the defence who wanted the 'Objection to Defendant's Motion to Strike the Death Penalty Due to Continued State Misconduct' sealed.

Am I reading this wrong?

This is what was tweeted, but don't know what the "motion to compel" is about. I couldn't find any other tweet about Nurmi's supposed prosecutorial misconduct thingy and who wanted it sealed. I can assume it's Nurmi.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · Oct 16
Motion to compel- Nurmi wants it done under seal. Juan objects. #jodiarias #Judgewantsitsealed

Maybe this is the "compel" : Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago
Now another motion from Nurmi asking Stephens to compel Martinez to turn over "an item" as evidence. Broken record.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m1 minute ago
They are dealing with the DP motion behind closed doors

Henri DelRey @Henri_DelRey · 1m1 minute ago
Arguments, motion to dismiss dp being heard Juan Martinez defending himself against defense charges of misconduct.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 12s 12 seconds ago

Nurmi wants a sealed hearing. It was granted. Nurmi throws a chicken wing as he goes over an issue with defense experts. #jodiarias

With everything "under seal", we don't have a clear picture of what is really going on, IMO. :gaah: and :scared:

10371919_306065492920367_3888134501155838544_n.jpg

YesorNo, thank you for compiling those tweets. Very interesting! All this sealing rouses my fancies. I am envisioning a courtroom with full dress standing lizards, all with their lips sewn shut as they face the judge, who smiles.

This new trial has not even started and I am already tired of the circus. I am not in the best of moods today.

YesorNo, I just have to thank you for all you do, providing us with tweets and newly listed court minutes. You are such a help, and much appreciated. :loveyou: :loveyou:

I was under the impression that they were supposed to address the mammoth motion to dismiss the death penalty today--the one Nurmi filed that essentially restates previous motions and throws something else in...Corinna Flores on twitter or something. There was mention of prosecutorial misconduct in there too, but that falls under the first category. So with the exception of the crazy twitter allegations, it has all been ruled on before.

I was under the impression that they were supposed to address the mammoth motion to dismiss the death penalty today--the one Nurmi filed that essentially restates previous motions and throws something else in...Corinna Flores on twitter or something. There was mention of prosecutorial misconduct in there too, but that falls under the first category. So with the exception of the crazy twitter allegations, it has all been ruled on before.

I think the minutes YesorNo posted above only refer to having Juan's Objection sealed. It sounds like JSS is hearing the whole motion now.

I'm already tired of this "tweeted" trial.
It's so hard to follow and, even tho' I appreciate all who are tweeting from court, it's not at all that clear to me what exactly is being said and what's going on.

I. hate. it. :sigh:

twitterbird.png

This new trial has not even started and I am already tired of the circus. I am not in the best of moods today.

I think that blonde lady's tea (in your signature) is cold by now. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member