SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries! :facepalm: Neighbor looked its not a bite, not oozing or red. Just a bump, going to take an aspirin, and a tubby! It's just in the perfect storm of a spot I couldn't see it no matter all the mirrors and gadgets in the world, my giant head kept getting in the way!:blushing: luckily my neighbors are night owls too.
Thanks for the input everyone! :seeya:

Sorry, I missed this update. I'm glad you're okay. Still keep and eye on yourself, and remember my big post if you ever do get bitten :) .

i'm stunned that the jury was befuddled by the court's instruction and what the ramification of their votes would mean, how is this possible? although pure speculation, i'm guessing the foreman got it wrong and the rest assumed he knew what he was doing. with that said, it seems highly doubtful they would have voted any differently had they been up to speed on the process, those who were set on voting lwop would not have changed their minds even if they knew it meant a hung jury imo. however it does seem that those who did vote lwop took comfort in thinking that this would put the final decision in the judge's hands and let them off the hook.

re the foreman - i found it ironic that he said it was important to point out that the court of public opinion, which has "crucified" ja, was not privy to all of the details of the case as was the jury - ironic because i think it was the other way around. also, clearly, the foreman felt that ta brought this on himself, which i find absolutely staggering. finally, i find this guy to be both delusional and insincere - he wants to believe that he compassionately saved "the young lady" from the dp when in fact it seems more likely that he was simply easing his conscience for voting m1, a conscience the judge would ease even further by having the final lwop say, based on his misunderstanding of the instructions.

anyway, i think i'm pretty much done following this thing, ja is headed for a very bleak future and that's good enough for me, i think justice was served, hopefully the alexander family will find a way to live this, and steal peace and happiness when they can.

btw, have any of you folks checked out robert blecker's (a frequent ng guest) take on the death penalty? some very, very interesting stuff.

What this foreman said is what I posted during JM's cross of Jodi. JM was coming across as a bully because Jodi was playing well the meek widdle picked on victim. In actuality, JM was trying to pull out answers from her word salad games, but that's not how it was appearing.

I truly have sympathy for the Alexander Family. No verdict will quell the loss. Not even an execution. What they can know is they've done everything possible.

Nothing more could they do.

How anyone could feel sorry for Arias knowing she premeditated that grotesque murder of that poor Travis is beyond me. She slaughtered him and barely sustained an injury. It's not that hard to see.

An alternate juror told The Arizona Republic that she would have gone with the majority on the death penalty. Carol Gosselink of Scottsdale said Arias showed a lack of remorse. Arias' claims about being emotionally abused also didn't ring true.

"I don't doubt she was in a situation where she shouldn't have put up with some of that stuff. But she had a choice," Gosselink said. "She's a pretty girl. Why did she continue in a relationship that caused that much negativity for her?"

Gosselink said jurors and the three alternates agreed not to disclose which of the four were against sentencing Arias to death. She said the gender of the jurors "didn't make a difference" in how they voted. But she was disappointed that they couldn't come to an agreement.

I am sure the foreperson was chosen because he was looked at with respect because of his age and he most likely asked for it, it seems like he sees himself in charge. I think we shouldthank God they delivered a guilty with cruelty verdict , after hearing him!
Well Mr Foreperson, Jodi is the one who went on tv to do all these interviews, way BEFORE any of us knew about this case, and much like you has kept on talking to reporters after the fact! And the fact that you all agreed not to disclose the way each juror voted ? Lol really? Hmm, I think we know how you voted!
At least Jodi is shut down for now..
I think his age def played into his decision, and he felt a connection with LaViolet , both old fashioned ideas.
Like I said I am thankful for this conviction, with him leading the way it could of went a whole different way!
Now I want him to shut up, get on with his life....something Travis Alexander can not do!

I just really hope more will speak out. This is one persons opinion and not the majority. It's a shame when only one person is speaking and the verdict is what it is, it's hard not to generalize. I'm very much looking forward to hearing to the other's opinions and thoughts.

OK trying to catch up.
Thread locked, everyone is now some type of gilligan pod person, and Mr. Foreperson has anyone who keeps up with this case going batpoop. Sounds about right.

After watching some interviews and reading some of the posts here I have come to the conclusion that the "jury of peers" qualification needs to be reworked.
This guy is 69 years old. Some people that age probably are more in the know, but it seems like this guy rolls on the old fashioned train. I think he was seeing more than JA, I think he was seeing his daughter, a grandaughter, niece, etc.

Does anyone think if they limited ages of juries to try and match defendants that things might be different?
Imagine a group of 25-35 years olds judging her. They would "get" the phone sex, the texts, the emails. The talk of the "rape" tied to the tree would not be as shocking, it was fantasy talk, that is all.
They would understand the concept of Travis' IM where he is pretending to "talk" to the Jodi who is peeping in (not take it as LITERAL because Jodi could not have really been seeing it and dismiss it being a joke because of the "LOL"). I understood it, he was joking about her stalking, but dangit he was also SERIOUS. Can someone 2-3 generations removed grasp it?
Please, no one be offended by this either. I know a lot of older people are right up to speed on this kind of stuff also. But I will go out on a limb and say many are not (thinking of my Dad, my Gramma. On the other hand my Mom WOULD get it). And also most sleuthers don't count because it is an entirely different breed. Not sucking up, but you all invest in knowing about people like Jodi, you get it.
I don't know. Just picturing 12 ladies and gents of around JAs age, possibly some having been through a stalker themselves and understanding how much social media has helped the modern stalker become 10 times the monster it used to be.

Do you all get what I am saying? Or am I just overtired and thinking too much on this?

I'd like to know, out of TWELVE PEOPLE, how he ever got to be foreperson!

Good Morning.

I am sure over time we will hear what the Individual jurors did that caused a hung jury.
I have not watch one interview but did see a flash of the foreman come on the TV because it is all over the place. I just don't want to hear it. This part is over and now we will start all over again. There is nothing we can do to go back.

One thing I have not seen on here and maybe it had been discussed and I missed it I am sure is Juan. He looked devastated when the NO Verdict was announced. All that work.
He is cool when he is sitting at his table always.

Apparently Mr. F and I saw different trials, and different defendants:

BBM

SunnyinMO
Walk softly and carry a big stick Join Date: Dec 2010

I thought about not posting this because it really salted the raw wounds of yesterday for me.....but....it might give us some insight to what the hell happened !!

http://www.eveningsun.com/nationworl...r-no-consensus

snipped:

"You heard (prosecutor Juan) Martinez say she was only 27. ... She's old enough that she should have known better," Zervakos said. "I didn't look at it that way. I'm looking at 27 years of an absolutely normal everyday young woman that was living a life that was perfectly normal. Then something changed the trajectory of her life after meeting Travis Alexander, and it spiraled downhill from there."

YHG2BKM!

OMG! I just woke up to more B.S. from this foreman? Who asked him to agree to be on the jury if he finds it unfair that they have to decide between life or death???

Normal life? What???? I can't take this! I really can't!

He wants this for arias?

"The only thing that I can hope for her is that she comes to peace with herself, that she comes to grips with herself

PEACE???????????????

OMG! I just woke up to more B.S. from this foreman? Who asked him to agree to be on the jury if he finds it unfair that they have to decide between life or death???

Normal life? What???? I can't take this! I really can't!

He thinks it's unfair that they have to decide between life or death?
HOW was he allowed to be a juror in a death penalty case!?

Good Morning.

I am sure over time we will hear what the Individual jurors did that caused a hung jury.
I have not watch one interview but did see a flash of the foreman come on the TV because it is all over the place. I just don't want to hear it. This part is over and now we will start all over again. There is nothing we can do to go back.

One thing I have not seen on here and maybe it had been discussed and I missed it I am sure is Juan. He looked devastated when the NO Verdict was announced. All that work.
He is cool when he is sitting at his table always.

I noticed he didnt react with a facial expression but his face turned beet red..im sure he was devastated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker