SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurmi was right in that regard.

informed, having an opinion and wanting justice is not a witch trial.

There were no such things as witches, they were wrongly accused, wrongly convicted and wrongly burned to death.

Please show me the similarities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And not to mention the automatic appeal.

This has been dragged out for over 5 years and 5 months of hell trial for everyone. But, especially the Alexanders. Whatever they want, it should be what they're striving for. But, imo there's no sense at being at this jury if they followed the rules.

It's almost as if the powers to be in Arizona said we will have a death penalty only if there is a mitigating clause to give all the convicted people a chance to get off the dp.

I think the majority of us would have been okay had the foreman simply written a message. The alternate juror did that. All he needed was to say they tried their best but couldn't do it. And a kind word for Travis and family. The end. We all move on. And I'm surprised that he didn't think it would be best (at least for Travis' family) to keep quiet. He had the choice between spewing BS or being kind. He chose the former.

Mitigation factors that hurt you
Age over 35
At least one prior offense equal in nature to the one committed
No remorse or emotion
Parents must have been killers as well
Have a really ugly face with scars
Male sex is preferable

I have said this over and over again, if it were a male who did this crime he would be on death row. Our society makes too many excuses for women who do the same horrible things..sometimes maybe they should find a way to conceal or hide the perps sex and then try these cases..I know they really can't but I wish they could.

I think, and this is only my opinion, that Travis broke up with Jodi but Jodi wouldn't let him slip away. I think she did anything to make him happy and keep her in the marriage race. She's probably very good in bed and knows how to use her feminine charm. Unfortunately Travis allowed himself to become addicted to her. I think she recorded the phone call and threatened to release it to his friends. That's what prompted the angry email. The angry email led to his death. She probably felt like she had put a lot of time into seducing him into marriage and now all of her work was about to be blown to hades.

She probably felt like she had at times allowed herself to be used while simultaneously using him (She probably didn't look at it as using him though.) She wanted a guy with power like Travis had in PPL, and wanted to be just as powerful and married to a well off man.

When she first took the stand she didn't seem that bad. If I had met her at a party for 20 minutes I'd have left with a positive opinion of her. More than 20 minutes and I'd have had her pegged.

I think a lot of it was that the jury wasn't allowed to see a lot of what we saw. If the parents statements to Det. Flores had been let in with a lot of other stuff we saw the verdict may have been different. JMO

They saw enough to all agree it was premeditated first degree murder. They were right there and didn't want the responsibility. IMO

If they decided life, and had good reasons I could respect that. Of they believed teaching the illiterate and English classes was enough, I could respect that.

I agree Bravo. In addition to coming off as an advocate for the murderer, Mr. Foreman does not say nor does it appear from his interviews that he had permission from the other jurors to speak on their behalf as he continually made reference to 'we' as if he was speaking for the rest of the jurors, presumptuous much?

I am hoping other jurors come forward so that we can get a clear picture of how they arrived at their decision. .

On another note, I hope JA is offered a plea of LWOP, and goes away. I don't want to hear/see her again or give her the satisfaction to deliver another grandiose self serving allocution, only because she relishes the spotlight. She will only garnish more media frenzy, and who knows what else, as this trial was full of many twists and turns, no thank you.

It's bizarre to read Mr. Foreman believed CBK was abused! Where did the DT ever prove that, apart from the lies of CBK and the DT's witnesses? That has to be so hurtful for Travis' family to read.

I do hope to hear from other jurors.

And, Totally Agreed, I want her gone so yesterday!

Maybe i'm missing something.

Is the hung jury part that everyone is upset over?

Would it have been better if the verdict came back as LWOP?

No, but it should require........A VERDICT.

:blushing: Never mind.

No problem!

It's the reason I homeschool. I want to raise a kid that gathers information and can make his own informed option.
Not one that just listens and knows how to follow others directions.

No. That's not true. They swore they could sentence someone to death (Jodi Arias was not part of the picture at this point) if the evidence convinced them that was the right thing to do. Not everyone on the jury was convinced. They were under no obligation to quit. Their obligation, in fact, was to follow through on their convictions concerning this case.

He wanted the judge to decide for them. He said it. Not me. And he was wrong for thinking that. It was his job

Agreed!

I would have either excused myself from this jury after I discovered I was unable to sentence her to death for personal reasons or hopefully before I was seated.

But they ALL said they could, swore they could. They each had an obligation to quit if they discovered they couldn't because of personal reasons and let an alternate take their

You assume a capacity for honest introspection. 'Nuf said.

Isn't it bizarre that the public is accused of being blood-thirsty, being 'emotional', wanting a witch-hunt etc when all we ever do is want Justice for the victim? Would this foreman have gotten the sort of criticism he's now getting had he not gone on national television hours after the hung jury verdict to talk about how Travis was abusive and JA should get peace?

It's strange to me that we, who are non-violent, and only express ourselves through words (often passionately) are called blood-thirsty while the actual criminals who butcher, slice and dice victims are supported and defended.

JM is right. Things are topsy-turvy in today's world...

Totally agree Rose!

Attachments

• Upside_down.jpg
    Upside_down.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 15
My memory recalls that all 12 jurors voted pre med and an additonal 5 voted both pre med and felony murder. Am I correct that in the penalty phase 8 jurors voted DP and 4-Life? With the alternate, juror #8 personally saying they would vote DP..I think that there is a pretty fair chance this new jury will be open to DP. And in the event this next seated jury cannot decide or give life..CMJA will in the least be sentenced by JSS to LWOP..I cannot see JSS do otherwise..she did listen and hear all the evidence allowed and excluded, including the JA antics and interviews..I can't wait for the info to be unsealed...JMO

The 1st degree guilty verdict was read as:
5 premeditated murder
0 felony murder
7 both premeditated and felony murder

Penalty phase has been reported as 8 for death and 4 for life

I watched some of the Foreman's interview and one thing stuck out. He said something to the effect of; "When I walked in and first saw her I thought there was no way she could have done this. She looked too (demure?)

I am disgusted by people who think they can judge someone by their looks. A lot of these are the same people who came into the retail places I worked and got really angry when you applied a rule that EVERYONE was required to do. Like show your license when writing a check. It always seemed that they believed that after 30 seconds of knowing them I should be able to tell that they weren't dishonest. :banghead:

They didn't understand either that the people who ARE dishonest will behave that way to try and push you.

:rant:

Maybe i'm missing something.

Is the hung jury part that everyone is upset over?

Would it have been better if the verdict came back as LWOP?

I would have voted for the death penalty on day 3 of the trial. But I would have 100% respected the jury's decision if they decided on life, although the window of her getting out in 25 years made me physically ill.

I don't believe their were mitigators at all, but again, if the jurors disagreed, I would respect the choice.

The idea that it was 1) hung and 2) led by a murderer-sympathetic foreman is what bothers me. That was (imo) the worst verdict, being NO verdict. The Alexander family has suffered and suffered and suffered. It just plain sucks.

The irony! Travis is being blamed for not getting out of the relationship, for being naive. And yet that naivete is perfectly okay in a juror who ironically is mirroring Travis' attitude that it's hard to believe that a fragile 'girl' could do such a thing. And so it must be Travis' fault. No matter which way you turn, Travis can never win, it's always his fault.
And yet that naivete is perfectly okay in a juror who ironically is mirroring Travis' attitude that it's hard to believe that a fragile 'girl' could do such a thing

Except there is a huge, huge difference in not thinking someone would actually kill you and then being presented with the evidence that someone did just that!!! It's hard to beleive until you see the evidence. Go figure

Spare me. If it was a witch trial she'd be dead. Justice then was to throw a suspected witch into the water. If she drowned, she was innocent. If she lived, she was guilty and killed on the spot.

Adding...suddenly did feel a flash of nostalgia....;)

No, a time when only Nurmi, bobbing happily, would have survived is best forgotten.

I get what you're saying, this jury is comprised of a group of 12 unique individuals. Individual thoughts, emotions, experiences, likes, dislikes.

Maybe the justice system needs an to overhaul be brought up to 21st century standards.

Have a text to vote for a criminal's execution or not.

JMO, Maybe it will create a climate of personal responsibility. Being open to listening, discussing, setting aside prejudices., (ageism isn't just about over 50, it's also about possibly justifying why a sweet young thing might have to murder... Cause she's so cute, there must have been a great reason ...). I hope juries carefully ponder each and every jurors input, and not just form a solid opinion extremely early on in deliberations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd