SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
MidwestMamma,
When logging in you should see, Remember Me- click the box to put a check mark. That should do it, works for me. :)

OMG! THANK YOU! That is so frustrating! Thank you for helping me fix it :great:

My strong understanding is that CMJA has no choice IF JM takes the DP off the table. IT will be up to JSS to sentence LWP or LWOP. The only " negotiation" that would be possible is IF JM offers CMJA LWOP and " no appeals" IF he takes the DP off the table...

And require her to never speak to the media again. As much as I believe she deserves the DP, even if she gets it she will have appeals and interviews and the Alexander's will always have to worry about some sympathetic judge reversing a decision or finding a reason for a new trial. If she agrees to no appeals and no media then they get their wish; she will go away forever, never to be heard from again. And she gets a punishment worse then death. She will be ignored and forgotten.

It's almost a miracle the defense didn't end up "winning" this...

I've been thinking about what the foreman said...

He thought TA was to blame for Jodi's change... he didn't like Juan Martinez... he couldn't believe someone who looked like Jodi was capable of the brutalilty she was accused of...
The man barely mentioned TA's name while being interviewed, it was all about Jodi...He was a dream juror for the defense...

If the defense team produced any evidence of physical abuse, and I mean anything, they would have been able to get JA off murder one...

Bill Z had no original thoughts. He picked up the defense talking points verbatim. He did not deliberate imo.

Wild About Trial: Knoot and I want to know what was up with cup toucher. Why did he touch the stacks of styrofoam cups?

tarakelley32: lol! He didn't like them being uneven! He would push one stack down an it would rise back up! It was pretty funny to watch!

Wild About Trial ‏l: lolo! I am glad to know I wasn't imagining the cup touching. Sitting in there made me a bit loony I think.
Expand
Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320: I think I made a lot of us feel that way!

It's almost a miracle the defense didn't end up "winning" this...

I've been thinking about what the foreman said...

He thought TA was to blame for Jodi's change... he didn't like Juan Martinez... he couldn't believe someone who looked like Jodi was capable of the brutalilty she was accused of...
The man barely mentioned TA's name while being interviewed, it was all about Jodi...He was a dream juror for the defense...

If the defense team produced any evidence of physical abuse, and I mean anything, they would have been able to get JA off murder one...

BBM - he didn't believe she was capable of it, yet she confessed to doing it and he is saying accused ? Wow, wonder who he thought did it ? IMO, he may be living in an alternative reality.

and it's curious to me that they agreed to wait, but the foreman didn't abide by the agreement, ensuring HIS opinions would be out there first. i'd be very angry if i were one of 'his' jurors. VERY angry!!

So the rogue juror was in fact the GD foreman. How the hell did that happen?

No. That's not true. They swore they could sentence someone to death (Jodi Arias was not part of the picture at this point) if the evidence convinced them that was the right thing to do. Not everyone on the jury was convinced. They were under no obligation to quit. Their obligation, in fact, was to follow through on their convictions concerning this case.

To believe that they didn't know Jodi Arias was the case they were being seated for, you have to believe the attorneys didn't ask if they knew the defendant. That's usually the very first question they ask. Since it was all over the news here in NC, I can't believe one person in Arizona didn't know who she was, what she did, and didn't know her face. I disagree with the assessment they were to follow through on "their" convictions. They were to weigh the mitigating factors against the aggravating factors, per the rules of the court. Her plans to implement recycling, teach Spanish, donate hair, etc don't outweigh the multiple stab wounds, the slashed throat, and the bullet through the head. It just doesn't wash......to use the foreman's own words!

and it's curious to me that they agreed to wait, but the foreman didn't abide by the agreement, ensuring HIS opinions would be out there first. i'd be very angry if i were one of 'his' jurors. VERY angry!!

And it would be very interesting to find out why he was the foreman,can't wait to get the story on that.

Read on twitter that alt juror #17 did state they ALL agreed to rest and wait until Tues to speak..That included the foreman...

i'm thinking he made the rules----to make sure he'd be the star of the show.

Key word there: Star.

But, not making too many points. He went hard after Juan Martinez...but me thinks this will backfire.

Blaming it on Juan...he's sounding like Alyce.

To believe that they didn't know Jodi Arias was the case they were being seated for, you have to believe the attorneys didn't ask if they knew the defendant. That's usually the very first question they ask. Since it was all over the news here in NC, I can't believe one person in Arizona didn't know who she was, what she did, and didn't know her face. I disagree with the assessment they were to follow through on "their" convictions. They were to weigh the mitigating factors against the aggravating factors, per the rules of the court. Her plans to implement recycling, teach Spanish, donate hair, etc don't outweigh the multiple stab wounds, the slashed throat, and the bullet through the head. It just doesn't wash......to use the foreman's own words!

when i've gone for jury duty, the defendant was present during voire dire. so she was sitting right there!

J No 17, an alternate is speaking out: https://twitter.com/tarakelley320

Edited to add more tweets

You don't need Twitter to read:

I asked her,"after all the lies you told,why should we believe u now?"I wanted her to know she wasn't fooling me!!

I was an alternate in this trial and I am disgusted and outraged with the interviews our "foreman" has done! He needs to stop!

definitely not happy with what is being said! Keep an eye out, there will be other jurors talking soon!!

there will be other jurors coming out and speaking, including myself! We had all agreed to wait until next week to interview!

him and I were together from day 1 of jury selections! I'm definitely disgusted and upset in the awful things he is saying!

In response to being asked why the foreman spoke out soooner:
@jdemboyz he did agree to it! We all thought it was best to just take the wknd to relax! We've been at this so long we wanted a break!

As an alt on this trial, I am very disgusted with what our "foreman" has said! Please know that we didn't all feel this way!!! #jodiarias

I was an alt in this trial and I am devastated by the outcome! I have been in touch with his sister and friends! Keep praying!

I loved Juan!! He was sooo passionate for Travis and his family! He was Travis's voice! I understood!

To Chris: @cshughes was nice meeting you today!! This picture is too funny!

I hate to say this but I think wilmott did just enough to put doubt in jurors minds!Not mine but I do think that possibly happened

Talking about the objections from the DT
oh trust me...I am right there with you! It was beyond frustrating for us to sit through!

It's so crazy how many people watched! I've been able to talk to his friends and sister and I love them all!!!

Being asked about interviews: @angel7878 I have....not surprised by them honestly! Just confirms she is a disgusting person! She will continue to bash Travis's name:/

@jdemboyz awe thank u! I asked her ALOT of questions! Idk why he broke it...maybe so he could be the first?! It's a shame really!

When asked at what point did you know she was not being truthful?
in opening statements when we heard all the stories!Then it was confirmed when she took the stand! Everything she said was a lie!

THANK YOU! This is such a relief to read. The world has been crazy and chaotic enough. Sweet sweet reason..... So kind and compassionate to the family....Lovely.

I think we will see the unmasking of the foreman.

I think the majority of us would have been okay had the foreman simply written a message. The alternate juror did that. All he needed was to say they tried their best but couldn't do it. And a kind word for Travis and family. The end. We all move on. And I'm surprised that he didn't think it would be best (at least for Travis' family) to keep quiet. He had the choice between spewing BS or being kind. He chose the former.

Every word he speaks emphasizes the fact that Juror #8 was the stabilizing force in that room until he was summarily dismissed.

I know Juror #8 is having a hard time right now and I hope he realizes that even if he hadn't been dismissed, there is no guarantee there still would not have been a hung jury.

BBM - he didn't believe she was capable of it, yet she confessed to doing it and he is saying accused ? Wow, wonder who he thought did it ? IMO, he may be living in an alternative reality.

In the part of the interview I saw he said AT FIRST he couldn't believe it. When the jury first walked in and saw who was on trial for murder. Totally understandable, imo. When I first walked in and saw her in person I was surprised at how small and unmurderer-like she looked. And I'd already seen her tv interviews and knew some details about the injuries inflicted.

Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 1m

I want to let everyone know I will be live in studio with Dr Drew this Tuesday!!!!

(Alternate Juror 17 for those just joining us)

She (Tara Kelley) will be on DD this tuesday.

Whoops .. sorry Gauntlet!

Just wanted to say I have not listened or watched ANYTHING this foreperson has said. Your comments here are enough for me. I am just going to hold my tongue and sit on my hands about this "man."
I do hope all of you will continue to see this out until the very end. I KNOW I will. I owe that to the family.

Between this "non verdict", sitting in this hospital watching poison dripping slowly into my child's body, AND leaving my anti-depressants at home......I am having a really hard time. I cannot take much more. HOPEFULLY we will go home tomorrow for 2 whole weeks!

I do take pleasure in thinking of CMJA being locked up 23 hours a day without being able to open her lying *advertiser censored* mouth... I wish nothing but the worst for that creature.

Hi Rosemary,
Haven't been on the boards a lot (DUCKING FOR COVER LOL) but saw your post.

I totally agree about the foreman. When the verdict came in I defended the jury, sure they had tried their best. Then this guy (not what I really want to call him) comes out with all of this. Disgusting! I still withhold judgment on other jurors, but am praying he is the exception rather than the rule on this jury!
I am sorry for all you and Kyle are going through. Just know the "poison" is there to help. Sometimes the good only follows the pain.
On the issue of your meds, can't you call the dr and have him ok a temporary ( a few pills) of your meds so you aren't going without them? I would really try that. If needed talk to one of Kyle's docs you trust and ask him/her how you could go about it. It isn't good for you to have to deal with that on top of everything else you are going through right now. And the longer you are off, as I'm sure you know, the more you will feel the effects of going without it. PLEASE check into getting the meds you need.
Still praying for you and Kyle.
Tell Kyle I said ":rockon: Rock on with your bad self, Kyle! :rockon:"

I don't have a link but some on the court watcher threads have said MK has issues with Juan. It isn't about JA, the trial, or her guilt/innocence - it is an issue he has with Juan. Again, I don't know this myself. The poster(s) have stated that this is true, but due to the trial going on they didn't want to elaborate further.

Wonder what his problem with Martinez if that is case? I mean, heck, it isn't like Martinez suddenly changed his style "just for this trial". This is why I don't understand what makes this so different vs 30 years of being the same style of prosecuting in cross examining? Kiefer has been a journalist in that county for a long time, he should know Martinez's style. This isn't Martinez first high profile case either.

Curiouser and Curiouser

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members