SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did JM concede that they had consensual sex on the day Travis was murdered?
This is a worthwhile consideration IMO. Travis made it clear that he ended the relationship. Inmate Arias disregarded what Travis wanted. She imposed her own reality on him and continued to pursue him against his will manipulating him with her sexual availability. Sex was offered him, he took it, but did not want to continue.
Covertly, she travelled over 1000 miles to Mesa. She arrived at his house at 4.00am in the morning, carrying tools for murder. Most people were asleep in their beds. She got into Travis's house. Again this was against his will. He was her victim. It seems she seduced him with her sexual availability. If she was the sexual aggressor, it could be considered rape IMO. After her sexual adventures, in which he was her object, then she brutally murdered him. In my humble opinion, this seems sociopathic in nature and has similarities with other sociopathic murderers who combine sexuality with murder. It is about having the ultimate power over another. Inmate Arias imposed her reality on him. e.g: her being in his house uninvited many times against his will; her intrusions into his email accounts & private property against his will; her sexual manipulation against his will. He was her victim once the continued pursuit happened against his will. Her relentless pursuit and disregard for his wishes made him feel unsafe IMHO. It was Travis who felt anxious, trapped, frustrated and helpless before sending that rejecting email. He was already her victim and her plan was already forming IMHO. He felt unsafe with inmate Arias and stated to friends something like "don't be surprised if you find me dead one day". He sensed he was in danger, but being male and strong, he has underestimated her. We need to be thankful that the Jury got it right when they convicted inmate Arias for Murder 1. This real life scenario has similarities with the move Fatal Attraction and Play Misty For Me.

Each to their own, but my mother stopped watching the trial because she found Juan too harsh. :what:

Wonder what his problem with Martinez if that is case? I mean, heck, it isn't like Martinez suddenly changed his style "just for this trial". This is why I don't understand what makes this so different vs 30 years of being the same style of prosecuting in cross examining? Kiefer has been a journalist in that county for a long time, he should know Martinez's style. This isn't Martinez first high profile case either.

Curiouser and Curiouser

JMHO

:giggle:

Hey guess what you guys?!?! I just picked up my new car!!! Well...its new to me lol....but I love it!!! Ive driven beaters for 20 years!! This is my first car EVER made in the 2000's :floorlaugh:
I almost got a ticket driving it hme because it actually goes over 65mph :scared: best of all--a killer sound system!!!! And omg--heated seats!!! And the ac works!!! And the gas mileage is triple what I'm used to ...
:skip: :skip: :skip:

Heated seats? Awesome....

Ahhhhh, Nothing like that new car smell...

I wish we could get a thread titled something like:

Primary Evidence for Retrial in Penalty Phase.

or

Most Important Evidence in Penalty Retrial.

At least it would give us more stuff to discuss.

Oh he** no...bi*** better not try to mess with Tara on cyberspace or otherwise. How dare she? She better back off. Ugly, fang-toothed creature.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: OMG

Do I need to hold you back??

:slapfight: :slapfight:

:giggle:

Hey guess what you guys?!?! I just picked up my new car!!! Well...its new to me lol....but I love it!!! Ive driven beaters for 20 years!! This is my first car EVER made in the 2000's :floorlaugh:
I almost got a ticket driving it hme because it actually goes over 65mph :scared: best of all--a killer sound system!!!! And omg--heated seats!!! And the ac works!!! And the gas mileage is triple what I'm used to ...
:skip: :skip: :skip:

I hope its not red! :floorlaugh:

This is a point worth pursuit IMO. Travis made it clear that he ended the relationship. Inmate Arias disregarded what Travis wanted. She imposed her own reality on him and continued to pursue him against his will manipulating him with her sexual availability. Sex was offered him, he took it, but did not want to continue.
Covertly, she travelled over 1000 miles to Mesa. She arrived at his house at 4.00am in the morning, carrying tools for murder. Most people were asleep in their beds. She got into Travis's house. Again this was against his will. He was her victim. It seems she seduced him with her sexual availability. If she was the sexual aggressor, it could be considered rape IMO. After her sexual adventures, in which he was her tool, then she brutally murdered him. In my humble opinion, this seems sociopathic in nature and has similarities with other sociopathic murderers who combine sexuality with murder. It is about having the ultimate power over another. Inmate Arias imposed her reality on him. E.g: her being in his house uninvited many times was against his will; her intrusions into his email accounts & private property was against his will; her sexual manipulation was against his will, and She disregarded him and imposed her own reality. He was her victim once the continued pursuit happened against his will. Her relentless pursuit and disregard for his wishes made him feel unsafe IMHO. It was Travis who felt anxious, trapped, frustrated and helpless before sending that rejecting email. He was her already her victim and her plan was already forming IMHO. He felt unsafe with inmate Arias and stated to friends something like "don't be surprised if you find me dead one day". He sensed he was in danger, but being male and strong, he has underestimated her.

For God's sake, there is nothing to prove she raped him.

Why is it so difficult to believe Travis slept with her that day? I know we wished Travis would have completely cut off contact with her on May 26. But he didn't. He was extremely pissed at her but he didn't think she would kill him.

They had sex that day, we've seen those pictures. No, they weren't staged. IMO the crime is even more brutal because they had sex that day and Travis would have never have expected that day's outcome.

Does anyone remember how many candidates there were during jury selection? Something tells me almost 600 but I have no idea where I got that but if there were a lot, maybe Juan didn't want to use up one of his peremptory challenges if Foreman Guy was early on?

Source: Arizona Crime Laws
I think it was about 400. These are links to extrcacts of the last minutes of jury selections
SUPERIOR COURT OF ARIZONA
MARICOPA COUNTY
CR2008
-

Discussion is held regarding Juror # 342 as stated on the record.
Juror # 342 is excused for hardship.
Further discussion is held on Jur
or #’s 303, 319, 324, 340, 367 and 373.
IT IS ORDERED excusing Juror #’s 303, 319, 324, 340, 367 and 373 for cause
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/122012/m5562635.pdf

Then the chosen jury nos
Eighteen (18) persons are selected and sworn to act as trial jurors in this cause: Ju
ror #’s
12, 21, 29, 33, 49, 62, 88, 115, 144, 161, 164, 172, 174, 187, 199, 202, 226 and 233
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/122012/m5564026.pdf

Not me. Thank god. I have never heard of that happening. They have sensors in the cockpit that won't allow us to move unless all doors indicate closed. I have seen some sealant get sucked out, so that it appeared about 6 inches open. Immediate landing. No real harm in it so long as it is under 10,000 ft. :scared:

Swear to god, I'm not making it up! It wasn't a big jet. Just slightly bigger than a puddle jumper and it was local iirc. One of the ones where you walk out onto the tarmac to board. So maybe that had something to do with how it could even happen in the first place. But the door literally opened. You could hear it making noise that got louder and louder as we taxied, then as we lifted off and turned slightly it just swung open. I had to laugh because the pilot came on and said something like "sorry folks, looks like we left the back door open. Gonna have to turn around and take care of that." It was just so unbelievable that something like that could actually happen on a commercial flight. :scared: And yes, we were very low to the ground, obviously, and no one was hurt.

definitely not happy with what is being said! Keep an eye out, there will be other jurors talking soon!!

Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320: most jurors probably won't talk about deliberations b/c there's still another phase!

I admire JM tremendously, but there were times he made me wince. Other times I wished he'd draw more examples/info out of witnesses like Dr. Horn and Dr. DeMarte than he did. JM was uber-organized throughout, knowing exactly what he wanted from each witness and, when he got it, moving on. If there's a Round 2, I hope he extracts every morsel of goodness from every witness and connects a lot more evil dots re JA for the jurors.

This is my first time in here, except for lurking. I've noticed somethings I would like to share.
When Nurmi accused Juan of bullying witnesses I was appauled. The worst bullying I saw and it infuriated me is when Nurmi questioned Deeana Reed. It was repulsive and not necessary.
When Jodi gave her speech at the end she was mirroring Willmot. Going up with the power Point like she was questioning a witness.
She also took things from Samantha and Steven's. She said Grandma was glue of the family to take that away from Travis. Said she has nightmares to emulate Steven. She also went for her missing out on family occasions. My guess was she was never at one.

Yeah, and didn't Bundy charm the pants off 1-2 female jurors during his trial?

ITA.

At the time, she was about 125 lbs. Filled with rage and armed with two weapons against an unaware, fatigued, naked man in a shower she'd have been MORE than capable of carrying out an assassination.

Please. Did Ted Bundy flash a neon psychopath sign? He looked like a prosecutor. That type of "well, she didn't look like a killer" logic is just beyond the pale. GMAMFB.

Well, then we will agree to disagree.
IMO they still have a lot to share after sitting in the courtroom for 5 months. The only part they can't give input on is the deliberation. Their sacrifice was the same as deliberating jury.

I'd really like to know what she has seen about this case since the verdict and what her thoughts are about it? They just had what was brought into court....not all that we had access to.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie