SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only time I thought she was effective at all was her Closings. Her directs were strictly by the book and her crosses painful

Agree! Only thing worse... Listening to Nurmi drone on and on endlessly..while sniffing that finger of his! "Lets go back" arghhhh "anal anal anal" I thought I'd die from boredom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM When I was on jury duty, the only one allowed to write a note to the judge was the foreman.

Not here in Georgia. I was on a jury and I wrote a note to the judge. 20 minutes later the case was settled. It was due to the note that I wrote.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Did she notice how much JA was not paying attention... Doodling, writing, etc ?

‏@chriswnews 1h
They noticed and it seemed disingenuous @WakeUpThankful

Sorry for the delay in posting this reply, but I have been away for several hours.

This first part below in quotations is my original post from 5:15 that Wishbone is commenting about (above).

"I have owned my own business for years and at one point had a staff of just under 50. Hiring people was the most important thing I did and over the years I could tell pretty quickly who was trustworthy and who wasn't. No, I haven't met the foreman in person, but it didn't take too long for me to not trust this guy. (all due respect)"

The reason I said I didn't trust the jury foreman is because he said when he was brought into the jury originally that he could vote for the DP if it was warranted. Then he goes on to say after the trial that he shouldn't have to decide whether someone lives or dies. Ok so maybe he changed his mind during the trial or perhaps during the deliberations. Imho (and I stress this is my opinion based only on my life experience of hiring many, many people) if he did indeed change his mind and he wasn't able to make a decision if someone should live or die...then he should have bowed out. He was going back on what he said he could do - thus to me that is not a trustworthy thing to do. Even though I want the DP for CMJA I would have respected the foreman if he would have given her life. Wishbone you said because he voted for what he believed it doesn't make him dishonest. What makes him dishonest is saying he was able to determine life or death and when he realized he couldn't he should have spoken up and told the judge. Continuing to be a part of the jury knowing that to me is not right, he should have told JSS. The judge is the boss, not him, it would have been up to her to decide how to handle the situation.

Just to take it a step further I could mention many examples of why I feel this way, but I will just give one. Years ago I hired a secretary....interviewed her, asked her if she could answer phone calls, type reports, and so forth. She agreed that she would do all those things. I believed her and trusted that she would do the jobs I hired her to do. After a short time on the job she didn't fulfill any of her duties that she signed up for leaving me in a real mess. I lost trust in her because I hired her based on what she told me and what she filled in on her application.

The last thing I want to say is again - if this foreman would have talked to the judge she may have brought in one of the alternates and who knows just maybe now the Alexander's, all the lawyers, the judge and so many other people wouldn't be in this predicament. Not to mention the millions of dollars more this will cost the state of Arizona. I don't get the feeling he realizes the ramifications and how serious it is to say you could do a certain thing and then not keep your end of the bargain. And it is not because he didn't choose the DP. It concerns me gravely and it makes it even more disturbing that it is the foreman that is saying the things he is. I am very anxious to hear from other jurors and also to find out how much actual control a jury foreman has.

Yes, exactly. To me, it sounded like, and I think he even said, that he didn't think "they" (I guess meaning him) should have the burden b/w choosing life or death for someone. Well, that was their burden. I mean, it's obvious that he chose life, so why didn't he just admit it and say it? He could have just said, well I think her age and her lack of criminal history outweighed the crime that she committed. Why didn't he just say that instead of talking about the "burden"?

Do you really? I can't remember the name of the hotel I was staying at, but it was in Rincon, maybe. I think the flight was a short hop from where the hotel was to San Juan. It was about almost 20 years ago, I think. (wow, time flies!)
Mine was even further back...but I was in the Isla Verde area.

I had never seen this part of the 48 Hrs interview, from the reporter's viewpoint.

I knew she was shallow and vain and narcissistic but da. yum.

And from just this 3.5 minute video I can see how a sheltered guy like Travis did not stand a chance against her when she decided she wanted him. No, I don't believe he walked up to her and stuck out his hand. She was on HIM.

Just da. yum.

Meeting CMja

I thought the same thing. Travis was just toast with her. He was crazy about her for awhile. He thought she was just the perfect image of womanhood.

I see a lot if similarities between the Jodi foreman and Casey's foreman. And that's all I can say without getting a TO.

LOL, dayum...I completely forgot his witty side! OMG, I love it also!
He had some great ones in this case, ha!

What was the one about her getting ummm, cosmetically "done" down "there?" OMG. And brassiere.

I bet he's a hoot on weekends :blushing:

Cosmetic approach to her pelvic region!

What were you going to do? Throw it at him?

Roflmao!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juror 6 q and a with Chris Williams

(there are just a few on twitter - more later - he is editing)

Was the 8-4 split male vs female?

No gender split.

What did they think about the gas cans?

Gas cans were key.

Did she notice how much JA was not paying attention... Doodling, writing, etc ?

They noticed and it seemed disingenuous

How does she think JM did? I loved him.

She was impressed.

How did she vote in the penalty phase and why?

She felt aggravators outweighed mitigators.

I don't believe those photos were ever released. If I'm mistaken, please let me know.
Nope...but will they was more the question.
I wonder how much will be released at the conclusion of sentencing (it will end, right?) I'd like to read what went on in chambers re: ALV.

a few thoughts:

> i've never met ja, nonetheless i can't stand her, despise her actually, had no idea i was being so illogical? perhaps this explains the foreman's comments and his position, once you meet the girl, have a chance to get to know her in person, you find she's really not that bad of an egg, even somewhat of a victim herself in this sordid affair.

> as a guy i'm finding the posts asking forum members to be kinder to each other amusing in that if find you guys to be extremely respectful and tolerant of each other, in fact i think it's very impressive. of course most of my forum activity/experience is limited to sports and political sites, by comparison this place is a breath of fresh air in terms of civility.

> the explanations given for both shooting and stabbing ta have never really made much sense to me. i'm thinking ja planned to make it look like there were two assailants, one armed with a gun, the other with a knife, in an effort to draw attention away from the notion of a lone killer, her phone conversation with the detective and her yarn about two intruders seems to fit this scenario, who knows tho.

Sorry for the delay in posting this reply, but I have been away for several hours.

This first part below in quotations is my original post from 5:15 that Wishbone is commenting about (above).

"I have owned my own business for years and at one point had a staff of just under 50. Hiring people was the most important thing I did and over the years I could tell pretty quickly who was trustworthy and who wasn't. No, I haven't met the foreman in person, but it didn't take too long for me to not trust this guy. (all due respect)"

The reason I said I didn't trust the jury foreman is because he said when he was brought into the jury originally that he could vote for the DP if it was warranted. Then he goes on to say after the trial that he shouldn't have to decide whether someone lives or dies. Ok so maybe he changed his mind during the trial or perhaps during the deliberations. Imho (and I stress this is my opinion based only on my life experience of hiring many, many people) if he did indeed change his mind and he wasn't able to make a decision if someone should live or die...then he should have bowed out. He was going back on what he said he could do - thus to me that is not a trustworthy thing to do. Even though I want the DP for CMJA I would have respected the foreman if he would have given her life. Wishbone you said because he voted for what he believed it doesn't make him dishonest. What makes him dishonest is saying he was able to determine life or death and when he realized he couldn't he should have spoken up and told the judge. Continuing to be a part of the jury knowing that to me is not right, he should have told JSS. The judge is the boss, not him, it would have been up to her to decide how to handle the situation.

Just to take it a step further I could mention many examples of why I feel this way, but I will just give one. Years ago I hired a secretary....interviewed her, asked her if she could answer phone calls, type reports, and so forth. She agreed that she would do all those things. I believed her and trusted that she would do the jobs I hired her to do. After a short time on the job she didn't fulfill any of her duties that she signed up for leaving me in a real mess. I lost trust in her because I hired her based on what she told me and what she filled in on her application.

The last thing I want to say is again - if this foreman would have talked to the judge she may have brought in one of the alternates and who knows just maybe now the Alexander's, all the lawyers, the judge and so many other people wouldn't be in this predicament. Not to mention the millions of dollars more this will cost the state of Arizona. I don't get the feeling he realizes the ramifications and how serious it is to say you could do a certain thing and then not keep your end of the bargain. And it is not because he didn't choose the DP. It concerns me gravely and it makes it even more disturbing that it is the foreman that is saying the things he is. I am very anxious to hear from other jurors and also to find out how much actual control a jury foreman has.

BIBM (bold & italicized by accident by moi)

ITA with your assessment.

The thing many people forget or don't realize is that Juan is not there for entertainment purposes, it does not matter if you or I like him. He is there to get a conviction and Justice for the victim. He has a stellar record. Doesn't matter what Josephine Public thinks.
It wasn't till the end of the guilt phase that I realized what Juan was doing when he went after JA about not answering the questions directly. I didn't see the point that he was making...that JA always blamed someone else. Call me slow. lol

a few thoughts:

> i've never met ja, nonetheless i can't stand her, despise her actually, had no idea i was being so illogical? perhaps this explains the foreman's comments and his position, once you meet the girl, have a chance to get to know her in person, you find she's really not that bad of an egg, even somewhat of a victim herself in this sordid affair.

> as a guy i'm finding the posts asking forum members to be kinder to each other amusing in that if find you guys to be extremely respectful and tolerant of each other, in fact i think it's very impressive. of course most of my forum activity/experience is limited to sports and political sites, by comparison this place is a breath of fresh air in terms of civility.

> the explanations given for both shooting and stabbing ta have never really made much sense to me. i'm thinking ja planned to make it look like there were two assailants, one armed with a gun, the other with a knife, in an effort to draw attention away from the notion of a lone killer, her phone conversation with the detective and her yarn about two intruders seems to fit this scenario, who knows tho.

BBM (bolded by me) - There are several of us here that think that was her premeditated attempt to make it "appear" that there must have been more than one person.

juror six with chris Williams

th_jurorsix.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads