SIDEBAR #7- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think they didn't understand something, though?

They are expressly instructed to follow their individual consciences.

Didn't the foreman say he was upset that jurors "were expected to be lawyers" or some such nonsense? This guy was clueless

Yes, but at least she wouldn't be getting national attention and attracting groupies the same way she would as one of the few females on death row. I just hope she finds herself in a place where she'll be very unhappy, whereever that is.

She would have the same attention in prison. She would also have groupies and attention out of prison. Look at the menendez bros who married their penpals and they are not on DR. DR is far stricter in this state. Safest for everyone is where she is alone constantly....LWOP gen pop is not where that is

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Why do you think they didn't understand something, though?

They are expressly instructed to follow their individual consciences.

I do not have a problem with them being hung if they truly deliberated.

I do not believe he understood the goal was to reach a verdict. Apparently, he wrongly believed it should not be a jurors decision and believed the judge should make the decision for him.

I do not believe they did their job based on what the foreman has said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm
does any of the mental health pros here know why these people feel a need to be heard? i just don't understand i would be in such a hurry to get back to my personal life. :scared:

To give the world an inside view of what went on. Mental health has.nothing to do with it.

Mark Eiglarsh just now on dr. Drew:

Dr. D. Do you think Jodi will be on the stand in this next trial?

MArk: Are you going to be wearing glasses tomorrow?!

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Why???

The last time a jury was sequestered in Arizona was like 82 years ago or so.

Because personally, them being apart can cause strain at verdict time. They need to blend in and share their thoughts more.

I bet juror foreman shot his mouth in deliberation and the jurors were so stressed and emotional from the VIS'. :banghead:

If we don't know what happened in the jury room, which we don't, and the foreman is inadequate in his description of what he really means or wants to say then how do we know that our interpretation of his words is incorrect or inaccurate?

i doubt we will ever hear what happend in the jury room, besides protecting their fellow juorors, but also any thing they say against other jurors can be used by jodi for an appeal for the M1 conviction - so thats fine w/ me, more important to keep the convictions solid

I despise inmate Arias' statement, "I know that was just one day" in reference to her brutal murder of Travis.

Well guess what, that ONE DAY was Travis' FINAL day. I cannot tell you how furious the minimization of her heinous murderous behavior make me.

On DD, abuse from parents and Travis were among the mitigating factors for those who voted life.

Didn't the foreman say he was upset that jurors "were expected to be lawyers" or some such nonsense? This guy was clueless

Maybe because the jury instructions are written largely in legalese for some nonsense reason.:banghead:

I do not have a problem with them being hung if they truly deliberated.

I do not believe he understood the goal was to reach a verdict. Apparently, he wrongly believed it should not be a jurors decision and believed the judge should make the decision for him.

I do not believe they did their job based on what the foreman has said.

I haven't seen his whole interview. Did the foreman say that they/he were/was trying to punt the decision to the judge?

#17 says she can't believe Jodi sat there with a straight face and told tales of abuse and pedophila

Because personally, them being apart can cause strain at verdict time. They need to blend in and share their thoughts more.

I bet juror foreman shot his mouth in deliberation and the jurors were so stressed and emotional from the VIS'. :banghead:

I wouldn't want it. In high profile cases...frim what I have seen...it does not seem to go well.

I despise inmate Arias' statement, "I know that was just one day" in reference to her brutal murder of Travis.

Well guess what, that ONE DAY was Travis' FINAL day. I cannot tell you how furious the minimization of her heinous murderous behavior make me.

One day of actual murder, 6 days of obtaining weapons and travelling, over a week in planning, a year of stalking, and who knows how much incubation of murderous thoughts before that ..

But no one else matters. This is Jodi. This is the way she thinks. No one else matters. EVER. Unless they do something against her, then they matter to her. Then she cares until she takes care of them and punishes them. Just like she did to Travis. You see, to her Travis is not important. Never has been and never will be. He is simply a footnote in the story of Jodi Arias. Just one of her "mistakes" that she now has to deal with. And that makes Travis even more evil and hateful to Jodi. Because of Travis her life is over.

MOO

Maybe because the jury instructions are written largely in legalese for some nonsense reason.:banghead:

I haven't seen his whole interview. Did the foreman say that they/he were/was trying to punt the decision to the judge?

The foreman said they thought it meant the judge would decide, but they were confused...it could be only one or two of them thought that and he thought they all did...

Mark Eiglarsh just now on dr. Drew:

Dr. D. Do you think Jodi will be on the stand in this next trial?

MArk: Are you going to be wearing glasses tomorrow?!

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

My honey Mark is so witty:)

I bet juror foreman shot my mouth in deliberation and the jurors were so stressed and emotional from the VIS. :banghead:

Sorry, I don't exactly understand what you mean.

What do you mean by they need to blend in and share their thoughts more?

They can only discuss the case DURING deliberations in the jury room, if one of them leaves the room they HAVE to stop deliberating until all 12 are back in the jury room.

Two examples of sequestered juries, OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony. Neither one of those juries wanted to deliberate after being held in sequester, they just wanted to get home.

Any woman can do that. They likely at one point had some explosive chemistry, he had never dealt with a woman like her and it was a new, fascinating, and awesome ride for a while. Until her other side showed and stuff. I think she was quite pretty pre-jail. All of that drew him in.

ITA and I don't think that Travis had ever been in a relationship w/ a woman who was so uninhibited sexually. MOO

Here is one of the jury instructions--telling them if they have an honest belief they should NOT change their minds unless they become convinced that they are wrong. IMO the jury was trying to follow this instruction.

Capital Case 2.4 − Duty to Consult with One Another
As jurors, you have a duty to discuss the case with one another and to deliberate in an effort to reach a just verdict. Each of you must decide the case for yourself, but only after you consider the evidence impartially with your fellow jurors. During your deliberations, you should not hesitate to re-examine your own views and change your opinion if you become convinced that it is wrong. However, you should not change your honest belief concerning the weight or effect of the evidence solely because of the opinions of your fellow jurors, or for the mere purpose of returning a verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sshamrick2011