Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing devils advocate here, but I am tired of reading where people are representing as fact that Casey Anthony murdered Caylee Anthony. No where has that ever been proven as a fact, yet people are allowed to state as fact she is a murderer. The state of Florida had that opportunity, and failed.

Note: my opinion expressed below is not to be interpreted from a moderator standpoint; only as a poster who has followed this case for the past 3 1/2 yrs.

I am so tired of reading this crock. You are entitled to your opinion, but not entitled to misrepresent the facts.

I agree with you that this stinks of reality show propaganda - but I do not believe that she has the acumen or planning ability - I think she just plays it as it, ahem, lies.

That's what I think too, whatever is going to work for her at the moment.

Awwww... How sweet? Were they the "keynote" speakers at the 50th Anniversary Meeting of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers? And if they were not... then why not?

I mean, like Holy Donkey Balls!!! They're conquering heroes!?!?!? Were they given masks and capes too?

This post should come with a warning! You owe me a keyboard! :floorlaugh:

Playing devils advocate here, but I am tired of reading where people are representing as fact that Casey Anthony murdered Caylee Anthony. No where has that ever been proven as a fact, yet people are allowed to state as fact she is a murderer. The state of Florida had that opportunity, and failed.

We do our home work. :innocent: :twocents::woohoo:

Awwww... How sweet? Were they the "keynote" speakers at the 50th Anniversary Meeting of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers? And if they were not... then why not?

I mean, like Holy Donkey Balls!!! They're conquering heroes!?!?!? Were they given masks and capes too?

And wands, too. And you all thought that was CM's finger....lol jmo

Actually, to be politically correct, the statement should read "acquitted ALLEGED baby killer", or "acquitted ACCUSED baby killer".

Brilliant idea. Some more experienced than me in TwitterLand needs to send out a blast twit..er, tweet to any and all celebs they can find. Ask them to "black out" ROL if they don't stop supporting an acquitted baby killer. <--- see I am politically correct when need be. I know a few tweeters that are our WS friends who surely could do some good. :angel: That would throw a :bricks: roadblock in the way of wealth from death.

I would hope that some celebs still have a modicum of dignity and would possibly take offense at FCA being touted as a celebrity...same as they?

I feel there was more than enough evidence to convict her and that she killed her child.
No doubt in my mind. The State of Florida's jury were wrong and in a hurry. They did not do their jobs.
I did not need 12 people to tell me she did it because I know she did.
My opinion only.

The state Of Florida didn't fail. It was the 12 ummm, sitting on hands, that let CASEY get away with COLD BLOODED MURDER!

Funny, the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers lists their upcoming meeting, on June 7-10, 2012 as the FACDL 25th Annual Meeting. Is their website wrong, or is there a different FACDL, or are they trying to book Mason and Baez for 2037?

http://www.facdl.org/

Actually, most of the defense bar embraced Baez and Mason as conquering heroes after the verdict.

As a matter of fact, several prominent Florida defense attorneys proposed having Jose Baez and Cheney Mason be the keynote speakers at the 50th Anniversary Meeting of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.

Wow , that video gives me the creeps!! She is so self centered and just so darn wierd. Nothing to do all day but go on about ME ME ME What will she be like if she ever leaves that place she is now in at the church?? Will she ever leave? She is on easy st. once again. Looking at herself for the camera. How typical? Getting free hand outs once again. I hope the poor dog runs far far away. He will be next. She seems to be drugged, Not? She needs to be institutionalized is my opinion.

One thing that gets me is that before the murder, this girl was not rich/ famous and didn't seem to be looking to be rich/ famous. She was just living the life of the common everyday liar and thief. It seems she mainly just wanted to party and be with Tony. Was there ever a sense of her wanting to be rich/famous before the murder?

So with all these videos, many are saying that she needs to be front and center in the news again. But she never was before, until the infamous, smirking blue hoodie perp walk.

....Or was this her plan all along: to write and star in her own reality show? Could this have been part of her motive?
(I mean...its kinda working)

she used to have icons/graphics on her myspace/photobucket that said stuff like "one day i'll be famous" or something along those lines.

In reading the "Casey Supporters" comments, threads, twitters, etc since the terrible awful no-good verdict, I have observed that they fall into 3 categories:
1. Attention seeking young men who want to "do" her.
2. Lonely women who want to "take her in" and fix her.
3. Those who maintain that her "not guilty" verdict proves that no murder occurred and that she should be free to "live her life." (proving the old adage that there are those who want to "kill the spirit of the law for the letter of the law.")

Not one of these groups of people have commented on her lunacy post verdict, where her actions are not those of a wrongly accused grieving mother but those who AMPLIFY her consciousness of guilt now more than ever. This is the very behavior that led to her arrest in the first place. All normal, common-sense thinking people in this case knew what they were dealing with. Then came all the evidence.

Defend the legalities and the verdict forever. Why? What is the point?

Methinks the felon confuses infamy with fame.

I quite agree, but I don't think it matters to her - provided she gets paid (or attention) she is one weird chick - and I doubt she's got the capacity to appreciate what Mr. Clemens meant.

In reading the "Casey Supporters" comments, threads, twitters, etc since the terrible awful no-good verdict, I have observed that they fall into 3 categories:
1. Attention seeking young men who want to "do" her.
2. Lonely women who want to "take her in" and fix her.
3. Those who maintain that her "not guilty" verdict proves that no murder occurred and that she should be free to "live her life." (proving the old adage that there are those who want to "kill the spirit of the law for the letter of the law.")

Not one of these groups of people have commented on her lunacy post verdict, where her actions are not those of a wrongly accused grieving mother but those who AMPLIFY her consciousness of guilt now more than ever. This is the very behavior that led to her arrest in the first place. All normal, common-sense thinking people in this case knew what they were dealing with. Then came all the evidence.

Defend the legalities and the verdict forever. Why? What is the point?

I concur! and I'll add one:

4. A juror ( or two ) who tries every day, in the morning, no wait, in the afternoon, no wait, in the morning, who try to justify their verdict and want to try to make us think they understood what they were to do -- ( FAIL!! ) :wink: :innocent:

One thing that gets me is that before the murder, this girl was not rich/ famous and didn't seem to be looking to be rich/ famous. She was just living the life of the common everyday liar and thief. It seems she mainly just wanted to party and be with Tony. Was there ever a sense of her wanting to be rich/famous before the murder?

So with all these videos, many are saying that she needs to be front and center in the news again. But she never was before, until the infamous, smirking blue hoodie perp walk.

....Or was this her plan all along: to write and star in her own reality show? Could this have been part of her motive?
(I mean...its kinda working)

Well, there was that night (shortly after Casey dumped Caylee) that she got drunk, competed in the hot body contest, then stayed up half the night talking to Tony about how she wanted to be a singer. Maybe motherhood was standing in the way of her singing career.

So now what, Casey? No shock and awe over your newest little "cameo." So you talk about yourself? Your nose? Your ear? Your dog? Your phone? Your computer? Your hair? Your camera? Wooo, girl!! Exciting!

You're so boring! Let me know when you post a video of yourself jumping into an alligator and snake infested canal? Okay sweet-cheeks? Thanks, girl!

Actually, most of the defense bar embraced Baez and Mason as conquering heroes after the verdict.

As a matter of fact, several prominent Florida defense attorneys proposed having Jose Baez and Cheney Mason be the keynote speakers at the 50th Anniversary Meeting of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.

That is odd. The great majority of the MANY Lawyers I watched give an opinion (including yourself) over 3 years, described Baez as truly cringeworthy and an embarrassment to their profession. IIRC you called him a moron. The fact that the Jury returned the verdict that they did, did not suddenly make him a hero, except of course to one child killer.

Please, oh please, let me steal this from you to put as my tag??

Sure, you can have it.

It's just "beach speak" and surely not too profound, but I actually do feel that way far too often lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500