Sidebar Discussion #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
God - poor George. He is many things - a weak man, a useless provider, and no backbone for standing up to his wife and an adulterer (as was CA) but it was obvious how much he loved that child. To me he was the only one I could see expressing any kind of public grief and I really believe he lost the one thing he really loved - little Caylee.

I read recently that George saying he missed the way little Caylee smelled made him an obvious pedophile. Guess I am one too then because I loved how my daughters smelled as babies and little girls also.

And how about the people who keep a sweater, pillow case or anything their loved ones scent is on - just to try to smell them again?

Yeah, got a real dinger over on Amazon trying to make it FILTHY. :banghead:

Child molestation is a most vile crime and IMO it's just as vile to accuse an innocent person of it.

I have not and will not read the book but from what I have read here from people who have, it sounds like at at least one point JB phrases things to strongly imply that George murdered Caylee to cover up incest. Is my take on that accurate? Because to me, that veiled accusation is even worse than the sexual abuse carp that JB keeps regurgitating.

Now my question: Even if George chose to fall on the sword, how on God's green earth can he sit back and allow anyone to accuse or strongly imply that he murdered little Caylee?

No way, IMO, did he do anything to harm Caylee, so there is much amiss here.

I think he is stuck with the accusations until all lawsuits are done. They have to keep up with the story and embellish it until KC is walking away from the courthouse for good.
My question is why they focus so much on becoming top news story? Why don't KC and her legal team JUST SHUT UP. I think they are working at helping her with the appeal for her lies. CM is playing the card that he is her Rep not JB just to distance KC from the book. They all just play games.
If KC gave her permission for this book KC is going to make money off of it. Why else give JB her blessing. Makes sense to me.
Disgusting!!!!

Jb: You know, we thought, and uh, first of all, thats something we gave consideration to when we were, uh, investigating the case. In fact, we, we, we even thought and considered maybe the reason that he didn't call 911 was because, uh, you know, an autopsy would ensue and that kind of abuse would be revealed. However I, I didn't have any evidence to support it, uh, it was just speculation, and because of that, uh, you know, I, I said no, we can't go that far. It's not something that, well, I could have argued it, and, and, and we could have pushed the issue. I, I just didn't feel comfortable doing it

Quote button not working. By his own admission it was speculation.
...and besides, even his own co-counsel (CM) said he wouldn't have used the abuse speculation in the opening statement. CM even went as far as stating that he wasn't aware that Baz was going to use it...not that I believe him. But, IMO, the stories of the two just don't sync.

I think he is stuck with the accusations until all lawsuits are done. They have to keep up with the story and embellish it until KC is walking away from the courthouse for good.
My question is why they focus so much on becoming top news story? Why don't KC and her legal team JUST SHUT UP. I think they are working at helping her with the appeal for her lies. CM is playing the card that he is her Rep not JB just to distance KC from the book. They all just play games.
If KC gave her permission for this book KC is going to make money off of it. Why else give JB her blessing. Makes sense to me.
Disgusting!!!!

IMO they don't just shut up because shutting up doesn't pay like flapping your gums does.

Jose seems sure that we will never know the answers to some questions about how Caylee got thrown out into the woods. If he thinks George did it, how does he know George won't talk? I'm sure he is speaking for FCA when he says that. Oh Jose, when she changes her story, you will be the only one in shock.

That was extremely brave of you and I appreciate it very much. I refuse to watch anything that features this creature. I do note that what he focuses on in each of these interviews is the abuse. It is the only thing that seems to be getting him in the door - not the "marvelous" book he wrote or what a "fine" lawyer he is. Keep it up Baez cause don't we know that karma is going to bite him in the butt big time for what he is doing. If he ever wanted to be "famous" I think he has made a huge, huge career mistake here.

But I got off point here - thank you so much - I can't imagine even beginning to do this and I appreciate your hard work very much.
Do we actually know when this meeting was supposed to have happened...the one with George and the DT? Baez says it was around the time the letters were due to come out (which, IMO, was part of "their" plan). Would George show up at their office without an attorney? Not that he needed one...but was he represented at the time?

And how about the people who keep a sweater, pillow case or anything their loved ones scent is on - just to try to smell them again?

Yeah, got a real dinger over on Amazon trying to make it FILTHY. :banghead:

WOW how true as when my other half passed I really became attached to the pillow smell and did not want to wash some of the clothes. Had not thought about that in years!

Oh Logical, am I just now getting the joke about Blame Canada???

:banghead:
Williams introduced the song by speaking with Duct tape - over his mouth so that his speech resembled that of Kenny McCormick then tearing it off and finally saying Stan Marsh's trademark line, "Oh my God! They killed Kenny!"

Blame Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You've had a lot on your mind...:giggle:

According to Hal...

Baez writes: “George never saw himself as the bad guy. Instead, as is common with abusers, he saw himself as the victim of Casey’s treachery. And like most abusers, he also was a coward.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...g-undermines-his-book-promotion.html#comments

And still George can't sue?

Wowsers - it sounds like he has gone way over the mark, doesn't it? We'd better send up the flag for AZLawyer again - I thought the first time I asked that he could sue for everything but no.

I'll be shocked and furious if he can't sue for this...

I don't get this "falling on the sword" stuff. George denied this in court and people forget, George had to restrict his answers to his previous depo or be charged with perjury - which is what Baez was aiming for - wouldn't he have loved that?

But IMO he did fall on the sword to some degree. Not to the degree of agreeing to allow himself to be accused of horrific sexual abuse and murder, but George was not exactly standing up for Caylee in the beginning. However, by trial time he was less in Casey's court and more about Caylee but, as you pointed out, at trial his previous depos came back to haunt him.

When I refer to George falling on the sword I am referring to him seeming to have done that during the investigation and leading up to trial, and possibly choosing to do it again now. I think he definitely wanted to help Casey and when JB asked if he would fall on the sword for her, he was willing to do just that--he just didn't know at that time that it meant selling his soul to the devil, IMO.

But IMO he did fall on the sword to some degree. Not to the degree of agreeing to allow himself to be accused of horrific sexual abuse and murder, but George was not exactly standing up for Caylee in the beginning. However, by trial time he was less in Casey's court and more about Caylee but, as you pointed out, at trial his previous depos came back to haunt him.

When I refer to George falling on the sword I am referring to him seeming to have done that during the investigation and leading up to trial, and possibly choosing to do it again now. I think he definitely wanted to help Casey and when JB asked if he would fall on the sword for her, he was willing to do just that--he just didn't know at that time that it meant selling your soul to the devil, IMO.

No argument from me on everything you said - I don't know what it was that stopped him in his tracks - maybe the loss of Caylee and the disbelief and shock that she had actually done this - but this would have been a far difference case if he'd manned up in the early days of this case.

WOW how true as when my other half passed I really became attached to the pillow smell and did not want to wash some of the clothes. Had not thought about that in years!

This brings to mind CA washing all Caylee's bedding when she was missing. Who does that? Most people would never wash that bedding again, but no not CA. What did she see on that bedding that she had to get rid of????

Wowsers - it sounds like he has gone way over the mark, doesn't it? We'd better send up the flag for AZLawyer again - I thought the first time I asked that he could sue for everything but no.

I'll be shocked and furious if he can't sue for this...

Me too. That is not prefaced with "alleged" or "may have" or any of the other qualifiers that would make it speculation. To me it is flat-out calling George an abuser. It's basically saying he did it, or the author believes he did it. It is intended to make George the villain and in many people's minds (something Jose is counting on) if George is the villain in this, he is probably the killer as well. All IMO.

I saw Hal's...new article, where?

This was the last one I found. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8122241&postcount=2014"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Sidebar Discussion #8[/ame]

I think I might make the rest of the weekend South Park free! I hope others are looking too, cause I can't watch this kid get killed one more time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa