Sidebar Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the video from Today's show with Matt Lauer. I was encouraged by a somewhat skeptical Dr. Phil. He did not seemed overly enthralled with the Anthony's actions and statements. However, maybe he is aware of the backlash and negative response from the viewing audience regarding his upcoming interview. Maybe it is a CYA response to appease the boycotts planned.

I work right outside of the Lincoln Tunnel and September 11, 2001 was such a clear day that NYC looked like it was ten feet away. I had a CD playing on the ride to work, so I had no idea that a plane had hit the 1st tower. As I drove on RT 3, I remember looking up and seeing the 1st tower smoking, and then I noticed an airplane. Newark, JFK and LaGuardia airports are close by, so that not too odd, but I remember thinking how close the plane was to the buildings – and then I saw it fly right into the 2nd tower and explode. When I turned on the radio, I then understood we were under attack.

The internet back then was nowhere close to what it is today, so information was slow in coming and the desk and cell phones were out. I remember watching the towers fall and seeing all of the smoke. I also remember thinking is this it? Is there more to come? What is happening elsewhere?

There is a hospital right near my office, and I heard that they closed the Lincoln Tunnel and RT 3 so that emergency vehicles could bring any injured people to the area hospitals. Sadly, I don’t think anyone was taken there - because we now know that people either got out of the towers or they perished.

In the days after the attack, I remember American Flags everywhere. And, to this day, there are American flags displayed on almost every overpass on the NJ Turnpike and Garden State Parkway. I also remember the stories from my coworkers who had been traveling that day - and the kindness of strangers who helped them find their way home. I woman I worked with stayed at a stranger's - but certainly a very kind persons - house in OK for three days. I also remember our great and loyal friends to the North who took in so many people who had their planes diverted to Canada.

God Bless America

We live right off RT 3....it felt like the world was ending. We ran up to the top of the exit ramp with our binoculars and saw the flames shooting out, then the collapse.
The military drones were in the sky....then we heard about the Pentagon and PA planes had crashed.
The drive down Rt 3 East was always my favorite, there's a small hill before you get to my exit...you have an unbelievable view of the entire NY skyline....picture perfect, like a post card.
After 9/11 it seemed so surreal...still does...will never be the same...you know whats missing, and WHY it is.
Was watching one of the ceremonies on TV, and Paul Simon played this song, sounding choked up thru the entire song....I was sobbing.
God bless the innocent people who were senslessly murdered that day 10 years ago, and their families left to wonder why, and living with the grief they'll NEVER FORGET....and neither should we.
We also need to "never forget" our military over in the Mid East fighting for our country and protecting our freedom.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQjH1t3Ddlc"]Paul Simon performs 'The Sounds of Silence' at Ground Zero for the 9/11 Anniversary - YouTube[/ame]

ETA : I don't really think they were "drones"....but, you know what I mean, just military planes flying around that scared you half to death.

I never watch the Today's show but was a little early into work this morning and they had it on in our kitchen area. Ok, I completely get ticked off all over again after seeing FCA's reaction to the NG verdict. Just completely ruined my decent Monday morning mood. I have to say Cindy looked really pretty.....must be the pancake makeup and lighting.

I just watched the video from Today's show with Matt Lauer. I was encouraged by a somewhat skeptical Dr. Phil. He did not seemed overly enthralled with the Anthony's actions and statements. However, maybe he is aware of the backlash and negative response from the viewing audience regarding his upcoming interview. Maybe it is a CYA response to appease the boycotts planned.

I don't know, but it seems like it's taking forever to get to this interview...one more day....

We live right off RT 3....it felt like the world was ending. We ran up to the top of the exit ramp with our binoculars and saw the flames shooting out, then the collapse.
The military drones were in the sky....then we heard about the Pentagon and PA planes had crashed.
The drive down Rt 3 East was always my favorite, there's a small hill before you get to my exit...you have an unbelievable view of the entire NY skyline....picture perfect, like a post card.After 9/11 it seemed so surreal...still does...will never be the same...you know whats missing, and WHY it is.
Was watching one of the ceremonies on TV, and Paul Simon played this song, sounding choked up thru the entire song....I was sobbing.
God bless the innocent people who were senslessly murdered that day 10 years ago, and their families left to wonder why, and living with the grief they'll NEVER FORGET....and neither should we.
We also need to "never forget" our military over in the Mid East fighting for our country and protecting our freedom.

Paul Simon performs 'The Sounds of Silence' at Ground Zero for the 9/11 Anniversary - YouTube

Hi MyTinkie...we appear to be so close that I think I could probably tap you on the shoulder...

I don't know, but it seems like it's taking forever to get to this interview...one more day....

It does doesn't it. But I think it's just because we have so little case news these days and many of us aren't yet prepared to "give it up".

It does doesn't it. But I think it's just because we have so little case news these days and many of us aren't yet prepared to "give it up".

That's because it is not over. If KC were still in jail, it would be over for most of us. KC is not and she can't change who she is. There will come another day when we will be hearing about her. In the meantime what has been brought to our attention are charities that have no function collecting money from people who believe they are helping others when all they are doing is increasing someone's bottom line. And then there is the jury, what did they not understand about deliberating. So many questions not answered. We all want to know. jmo

Dang!! Phil is making his rounds. He is on the View this morning. He is trying to justify his interview with the Anthonys, apparently.

For anyone who doesn't know there is a Dr Phil thread in the parking lot.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147222"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

*grabs a drink and crashes* I don't know what I would do without this thread...so frustrated right now....

*grabs a drink and crashes* I don't know what I would do without this thread...so frustrated right now....

I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I just walk away for a bit. It can help.

Ugh, I saw a brief statement by Dr. Phil on TV the other day. I was channel surfing when I happened upon it. It appeared to be a blurb from the actual interview. The good doctor agrees with the verdict, FGS! His opinion is that if there is no cause of death and no time of death it is impossible to know who is responsible for the death.

So what now? Will all the dots have to be connected to get a conviction in all cases from now on? Will circumstancial evidence be ignored in all cases from now on? Are we about to see more murderers go free if they are crafty enough to get rid of the body permanently or just plain LUCKY enough to hide the body long enough for mother nature or the passage of time to do a number on the forensic evidence?

And finally, will tunnel vision become the new norm for juries?

Good Morning All - Good News! The New York Times has just published an article that tells us what has gone awry in George Anthony's brain!

Answers can be found here:
http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyl.../home+(Home)&utm_content=Google+International

Hmm that link looks weird but give it a try!

SpongeBob ... :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Ah ... but found a story about the A's below ...

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

ETA: Hmmm ... it's gone ... there was a "story" about the A's ... but I don't see it now ...

Anyway ... SpongeBob would be much more interesting than them anyway ... lol ...

Ugh, I saw a brief statement by Dr. Phil on TV the other day. I was channel surfing when I happened upon it. It appeared to be a blurb from the actual interview. The good doctor agrees with the verdict, FGS! His opinion is that if there is no cause of death and no time of death it is impossible to know who is responsible for the death.

So what now? Will all the dots have to be connected to get a conviction in all cases from now on? Will circumstancial evidence be ignored in all cases from now on? Are we about to see more murderers go free if they are crafty enough to get rid of the body permanently or just plain LUCKY enough to hide the body long enough for mother nature or the passage of time to do a number on the forensic evidence?

And finally, will tunnel vision become the new norm for juries?

BBM: Well ... what a SURPRISE ... Phil is just as CLUELESS as the Pinellas 12:seeya: Phil, I guess you have 12 new BFF in Pinellas County, Florida ...

And he calls himself "Doctor" ? I will NOT refer to him as "doctor" ! What a JOKE ... a HUGE JOKE ...

I hope Phil LOSES his show over this RIDICULOUS comment ...

MOO MOO and MOO ...

BBM: Well ... what a SURPRISE ... Phil is just as CLUELESS as the Pinellas 12:seeya: Phil, I guess you have 12 new BFF in Pinellas County, Florida ...

And he calls himself "Doctor" ? I will NOT refer to him as "doctor" ! What a JOKE ... a HUGE JOKE ...

MOO MOO and MOO ...

Don't forget Dr. Phil is a jury consultant at his core. That's where Oprah found him. She hired him to help her defend herself against the meat industry. It bodes well for his clients if the dots are not completely connected.

..finally-----WFTV has removed their casey anthony news tab ( they're moving on kc---you're just not that special anymore..)

MOO MOO and MOO ...

Well, he won't lose his show because too many people in this country live in la-la-land and believe everything they hear on shows like this. And they believe he is a real medical doctor as well.

(BTW, my reference to Phil as "the good doctor" was in fact a joke...a HUGE JOKE. In my mind my statement dripped with sarcasm but I will concede that that may not have come through in my words viewed on-screen.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get