Australia Skeletal Remains Found, Male, Clifton Beach SE of Hobart, 6th July 2023

TootsieFootsie

Reaction score

Tasmania Police are seeking help in identifying the skeletal remains of a man discovered on a farm property in Clifton Beach, south-east of Hobart.

Inspector Andrew Keane said the remains were found by a local resident on July 6, but that it was believed they had been there for between five and 30 years.

Oops I forgot to put the state in the heading. Tasmania

After drawing a blank using DNA matching, police have released a facial reconstruction for a skeleton that was found on Tasmanian farmland last year.

The skeletal remains of the man, along with clothing, shoes and personal items, were discovered by a farmer clearing bushland halfway between Clifton Beach and Goats Beach, about 20 kilometres south-east of Hobart.

Police believe the remains could be from as recent as five years ago to up to 50 years old.

After drawing a blank using DNA matching, police have released a facial reconstruction for a skeleton that was found on Tasmanian farmland last year.

The skeletal remains of the man, along with clothing, shoes and personal items, were discovered by a farmer clearing bushland halfway between Clifton Beach and Goats Beach, about 20 kilometres south-east of Hobart.

Police believe the remains could be from as recent as five years ago to up to 50 years old.
Rendering
1716407323883.png

An update published on 5 June 2024, contained at the end of an article about a different set of remains

<snip> In a separate discovery, police are working to identify remains found in bushland in July 2023 halfway between Clifton Beach and Goats Beach in Tasmania's southeast.
It is thought the male remains, which haven't matched any DNA records, were in the area for up to 50 years.

Moo...50 years ago, I believe those were the $10 pommie years. I was a 10 yr old child n went from UK to Australia. Australia was just flooded with newcomers. We settled near Clifton beach for a while, absolutely beautiful area. I miss it...moo

Surely they are going to be able to say something more about the clothes/personal effects.
50yrs is a long time and there have been a lot of changes in what people wear and even in manufacturing techniques during that time.
I wonder if it's possible to date the remains a little more precisely by analysing the belongings.
Would be interesting to know what LE have done so far.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smallfry92
Back