Skinner - Verified Friend of Mark Sievers - Q & A thread

Discussion in 'Dr. Teresa Sievers' started by Tricia, Aug 30, 2015.

1. debbiegarcia36

debbiegarcia36 Well-Known Member

Most excellent reading on an apology. It makes so much sense. Thank you for sharing it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

IQuestion likes this.

2. lisette

lisette Well-Known Member

I also praise the Lord for answered prayer, but I believe that it was Skinner's prayer and not Mark's...

3. irishchook

irishchook Member

Hi Skinner,

I am a Catholic Christian and have very similar convictions.
    However, some of us on WS are not as verse with the scriptures, etc. for various reasons.
    We do appreciate that you have comfort in communication via Jesus and the bible.
    I was wondering if you could describe your emotions, feelings, etc. in a fashion where most could relate.
    Thank you for your insight and of the snapshot into your world with Wayne & Mark.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

4. Lilibet

Lilibet On Time Out

Skinner, Thanks very much for your post about Wayne and the necessity for confession as well as the information on apologies. Although I have disagreed with you on occasion, I am in complete agreement with your entire post. :)

Thank you also for your earlier post about your prayer with Mark. I certainly agree that it is wrong to rejoice over anyone's downfall. The difference between doing that and rejoicing that justice is done for Teresa can be a fine line. My hope for anyone who has committed an evil act is that they will repent, confess, seek forgiveness and accept the consequences. King David himself is an example for all in that regard! No one is a lost cause unless they want to be.

I know this has been a rough time for you from the time of Teresa's murder, Wayne's arrest, and now the release of information implicating Mark. It's a lot to absorb, I'm sure. I pray that you will have peace of mind and that those responsible for Teresa's murder will be brought both to justice and to sincere sorrow over what they have done.

5. Hello Skinner,
    As a friend of Mark, did he ever discuss his belief in Atheism? I am sure that you, like I, saw the cross of David that he wore daily as well as heard him reference his Jewish background. However, he seemed most proud of proclaiming that there was no God and that he was an Atheist. I ask this question because I believe that Mark speaks the language of his audience as a means of control and manipulation. In my presence, and the presence of others, he claimed to be an Atheist. In your presence, he was willing to pray to God or partake in prayer. Do you feel as if he was manipulating your absolute convictions in an effort to get you to believe that he knew nothing about Teresa's murder? That is how it comes across to me and for that, if it was the case, I am sorry that a friend used you in that manner.

I wholeheartedly agree with your apology post. Thank you and if you don't care to answer, I understand.

6. Skinner

Skinner Former Member

To Lisette too, as well as AmazonRain,

First, hearing that Mark openly stated he is an atheist, takes me a bit by surprise. He actually said that? I recall him saying that he just did not know what to think (agnostic) but over the years he told me that he was leaning toward the truth that Jesus was probably the Messiah promised to the Jews. I remember he called me about 3 years ago and had some specific questions about Jesus, and I had him get his Jewish Tenach (Old Testament) and read 3 or 4 of the Messianic prophecies in it that had him in awe. And his telling me that Teresa was raised Catholic and she taught the girls to pray to Jesus, had me believing that, intellectually, he was being honest with me.

Lisette, I try to write this humbly, but I really am a wretch. I'm not attempting false humility here. I mean, I know what a schmuck I am or can be. Regarding any prayer, if we go with faith (trust) in the invisible God, there's a very good chance we can get an affirmative to our request.

More importantly, in my thinking, is two-fold: 1) If Mark is aware of all that went down and then says "Amen" to a prayer about trying to find justice, etc., well to me it's like playing with fire. And simultaneously 2) it's Jesus showing His love still, and still trying to reach Mark in a dramatic way, to repent before it's ultimately too late.

7. creepingskills

creepingskills Verified Attorney

Your last paragraph is especially interesting, thought provoking. Thank you, Skinner!

8. freekobe0832

freekobe0832 Member

Hi Skinner, thank you for all of your posts on WS. Have you heard from MS since documents came out, or have you been tempted to reach out to him?

9. Matlacha

Matlacha Member

I think someone above took the "survivors" quote as a reference to Teresa's daughters, and that may have been Skinner's intention too (good writing is often vague, so as to apply widely). But Skinner, as a friend of Mark's, is also a survivor, and after the document dump, there was, as I recall, some gloating directed his way (where are you now, Skinner?, etc.). Anyway, there's lots of wisdom in those lines Skinner quoted; the phrase "pride goeth before a fall" is good, practical advice. Great wisdom too in the "Apology" piece he quoted.

On the question of the discarded computers--if the hard drives were removed, where are they? On a busy day, with panic setting in, were they actually destroyed, or were they also recovered by LE? (I've pulled a lot of hard drives over the years, but they're still sitting in my basement, as I've never taken the time to soak them in saltwater, etc.) A hurried "quick format" wouldn't hide the evidence any more than CWW's deletions from the GPS device.

10. SurfieTX

SurfieTX Well-Known Member

Skinner,

Did Mark have any nicknames? Also, do you have a personal email address for him?

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Mark saying "Amen" to your prayer indicates to me that he truly does not believe in God.

12. Riversinthedesert

Riversinthedesert New Member

That is the "Amazing Grace" of God. He loved us before we loved Him. He died for us while we were yet sinners, and will continue to reach out to us until the end. We should all pray that Mark will truly repent, for his own soul, and for the sake of his girls and all involved. If he truly repented and turned from his pride, he would turn himself (and other conspirators) in and spare the family from further heartache.

Thank you Skinner for praying that prayer of faith, and for sharing it with us. We are sorry for all you have been through.

IQuestion likes this.
  13. freekobe0832

freekobe0832 Member

Hello Skinner. I'm not sure if you still check in on this board, but I was just wondering if you have had any contact with MS since your last update? Do you have any thoughts you'd care to share with us since these last few doc dumps have come out? Hope you are well.

IQuestion likes this.
  14. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

Skinner have you had contact with Mark since you saw on your phone you had a message from his phone number the evening of 8/31 and then spoke later? Is he still reaching out to his friends and getting back into contacting you and other friends of his.

IQuestion likes this.
  15. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

Just checking in to thinking of how you and your wife are.

I was rereading some of the threads and came across this and how you said they would pray to Jesus Christ every night... which is what Mark said to AL after the murder (per AL interview ). Mark said they, on the way home from the airport... pulling off, did a prayer with Teresa while she was in the airport before they went to bed.

IQuestion likes this.
  16. noel leon

noel leon Well-Known Member

I too have thought about you Skinner, and I hope you are doing well.

IQuestion likes this.
  17. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

IQuestion likes this.
  18. lstiff

lstiff Well-Known Member

Not sure if you're still around here Skinner but we're here for you if you're still checking in. You're a victim too. Hope you're doing well.

19. 1&2&3

1&2&3 Well-Known Member

One of the worst things in the world is to have a long time friend turn on you, use you, or show you a side of them that you would never in a million years think they w ere capable of.

Skinner, thoughts are with you and others who got knocked off their feet from Mark's actions.

20. beach

beach Verified Expert

:bump:

I see Skinner dropped in tonight.

I'm sure this has been a tough time for you. Hope you're doing okay, Skinner. :)