Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still very curious about the last 24-36 hours before these angels were murdered. I am curious about what calls were made/received on the mobile phone found at the scene. I am curious who the angels may have met outside the home or on a computer...did they have a computer at the house?

It's possible there was a connection made to/with these angels before. It could have even been someone that Taylor had met during her random walks in the past....

Just tossing "stuff" out there. :)

Yes, it was taken for forensic analysis.

Could the hot check guy (Joe?) have been the witness to the POI? Something he may have said to Grandpa could have led to the "They shot the girls" remark which- if true- seems odd. He could have recognized- by sight- the POI and not know his name, but he could have recognized him as an enemy, a threat.

From STEADFAST (post 390):

So now you are saying that Spiderman is involved? This family tree is confusing. :confused:

I am not sure that has anything to do with this case. This guy's bond was only $2000 and all he had to do was pay $200 to a bondsman and walk out that door almost as fast as he came in.

imoo

I am still very curious about the last 24-36 hours before these angels were murdered. I am curious about what calls were made/received on the mobile phone found at the scene. I am curious who the angels may have met outside the home or on a computer...did they have a computer at the house?

It's possible there was a connection made to/with these angels before. It could have even been someone that Taylor had met during her random walks in the past....

Just tossing "stuff" out there. :)

That's exactly where I think the key is to this. It's in the day's before the murders and everyone the girls were in contact with since school ended. What do the girls do all day, their normal routine, any activities away from home? How long are they usually gone on walks?

http://newsok.com/town-tries-to-find-normalcy/article/3258373/

(snip)
Weak clues concern kin
Armed with some new information but "nothing solid” from weekend roadblocks, investigators spent much of Monday re-interviewing friends and family members, said Jessica Brown, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman.
"Everybody surrounding the two children are part of the questioning,” she said

It is good to see them doing it by the book.

Once the funerals have been held it is very common practice that they go back to talk with family and friends hoping that they now have remembered something they didn't because of all the stress and turmoil they were having to deal with at the time the deaths occurred.

imoo

I am not sure that has anything to do with this case. This guy's bond was only $2000 and all he had to do was pay $200 to a bondsman and walk out that door almost as fast as he came in.

imoo

Of course he could have. But would this not be a convenient way to take himinto protective custody without alerting the POI and his associates? If the name(s) of the witness(es) became known, that could be dangerous for those who actually saw Mr. POI. Remember, we don't yet know who described the POI so meticulously.

And that - is the scary part. I totally agree with you. Cold blooded and heartless.

I agree and Mark Furman said not only was he cold blooded but was probably used to this and had done it before.

http://newsok.com/town-tries-to-find-normalcy/article/3258373/

(snip)
Weak clues concern kin
Armed with some new information but "nothing solid” from weekend roadblocks, investigators spent much of Monday re-interviewing friends and family members, said Jessica Brown, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman.
"Everybody surrounding the two children are part of the questioning,” she said

Sounds like LE is reviewing, which is a good thing. It was such a traumatic event for friends and family, but now that a short period has passed, perhaps someone will remember something that hadn't thought of before.

I believe the shot in the legs idea came from Skyla's grandmother's interview with Nancy Grace. Someone posted a link to it back in one of the other threads but I don't know which one.
I posted it because Skyla's grandmother said the mother told her there were shots to the legs, but she personally did not raise the blanket to see for herself. She did see the other wounds or the vicinity of the gauze covering them. She also said they believed the girls were killed in the first shots and they then unloaded the gun on them. This was on Greta, not NG.

Also, in order for the grandmother to see the frontal wound sites, Skyla had to have been laying on her back. If OSBI said their faces were towards the road, this would mean the shooter was standing in front of them and they fell backwards either North or South instead of backwards into the weeds.

I have a thought. On tv when they have a snitch they usually arrest them with anyone else they bust. What if the check guy was the snitch and they arrested him so he would be protected in jail? This may have already been discussed. I'm just now getting on the computer today. Forgive me if it has.

I have wondered if they were meeting someone or had been meeting someone down there. One thing I'm sure of...we don't know but about 25% of what Rosser and the cops know...

SailorMoon, I, too, wondered about the regular walks to the bridge, and if there was a "cute guy" involved. And one thing I'm sure of...we don't know but about 25% of what our teenaged kids are up to!

Also, the afternoon temps must have been in the 90's down there- it would have taken a "cute guy" to make me walk to the bridge or elsewhere in the Texas of my youth on a hot day. Although I doubt a teenager did this deed, if they were meeting up with someone near the bridge, then there is info to be had from that someone.

You've gotta be kiddin' me SS. Taylor is just killed, along with her best friend, gunned down execution style, making national news and you don't think it's anything more than just the cops figured out he had a warrant from five years back?
They aren't going to arrest him for a five year old $50 hot check, when his family member was just executed in the road. Nope.
I see this as a true attempt by the LE to get Jr in their custody, protect him and keep him from the killer(s). Oh and to gain info from him too.
This is how it is done in Oklahoma. They may not actively pursue serving a Bench Warrant of when it is insignificant as a hot check...they will wait until the person makes some contact with LE either by calling them or by LE dealing with them on another matter...THEN they will serve the warrant and arrest them. They always check for outstanding warrants on people they are checking out for other things. I have seen this happen time after time. It may not be the way it is done in other parts of the country, but I promise it is the way it is done here.

I had a feeling the time the girls left the house was wrong either due to clocks being wrong or people just not paying much attention. Glad they finally figured that out! While it does change the timeline a bit, I don't consider it that significant other than it gives more time for the girls to make it to the bridge easier and back. It also would give more time for them to have been in some discussion with the perp/perps.

If OSBI said their faces were towards the road, this would mean the shooter was standing in front of them and they fell backwards either North or South instead of backwards into the weeds.

I only watched that video once, but I thought Rosser said the girls heads were toward the road, not merely there faces, which puts them more at an angle to the road rather than their faces which would put them more parallel to the road.

Yes, it was taken for forensic analysis.

Thank you for the info. It could be interesting to see where Taylor had been concerning the internet. At the very least, it could exclude some possibilities that have been shared here.

I'm confused. The first link says the person taken into custody is not connected to the investigation, yet the second link says it's the POI. Unless it's two separate incidents, then it makes sense. If they really did find the POI as in the second link, why only that tiny little one-sentence mention of it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519